Looking for a new best friend?

Go down

Looking for a new best friend? Empty Looking for a new best friend?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:30

Hi all, if you're in the West Midlands area, pop along to here to check out the dogs they have in up for adoption to help them find their forever homes! The Happy Staffie open day is on Sunday the 21st of April 11pm -3pm at Broadmarsh Boarding Kennels, Wassle Grove Lane, Hagley, Worcester, DY9 9JL .

Happy Staffie rescue is the center I got my lovely girl from, they don't have a rescue center of their own and are currently trying to fund money to get their own kennels - but at the moment their dogs are housed in the kennels I work at; which is luckily how I met my beautiful little girl. All of the staff there are extremely lovely and will be happy to talk about any queries you have. They'll all have great temperament knowledge about their dogs as they have regular dog walkers who asses and train the dogs to some extent as well as the kennel advice from kennel staff! However, if you do go make sure that you wear suitable clothes as you'll be greeting the dogs and walking them on the field so they'll be a lot of muddy paws and muddy cuddles and kisses as the field is very, very wet and muddy at times!

You'll have a great opportunity to learn more about the breed there, you can take your dogs along with you, you help exercise the rescues and just generally get to really see the breed in a different light. There's normally cakes for sale, fun raffles and other activities to get involved with Smile Even if you're not ready to get a dog yet, it's great to just pop along and get involved with what they do there! I'm pretty sure you can sign up to be a foster home for some of their dogs, they also have forms to fill in for volunteer dog walking too! Big Grin If you have ANY house hold items you don't want anymore, worn out shoes, old clothes, books, videos, dvds, teddies - literally anything! Just bring them along and they'll be taken to put into their charity shops they have around the area Smile

Here's the link so you can see all the dogs they have in at the moment! The site is very easy to navigate round so be sure to check out everything on there Big Grin Charlie - possible American Bull Dog cross, he's quite a big fella but he is SUCH a sweet heart Love Struck and Bow - she's actually won competitions for her looks, and has papers that do come with her I think Wink, but she is such a sweet little girl and is always smiling! They are my personal favorites Wink

http://www.happystaffierescue.org.uk/ourdogs.html

For everyone who has dogs, check out their "Fundraising Events"! They have fun dog shows, parades, park meet ups and everything which is ALL dog friendly! It really is a great day out and all breeds are welcomed Smile

Whether you get a dog or not, or if you're scared of this breed in particular it's really worth going along, you'll be enlightened and loved by all rescue dogs you meet and you'll definitely take away a positive experience - you may even fall in love (it's very hard not too!)

Last edited by CodlingKid on Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new best friend? Empty Re: Looking for a new best friend?

Post by Kathy Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:37

You may also want to post about the open day here Cody, it will bring more awareness to the event. Just let us know the date, place, time, any cost of entry etc.:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f4-dog-shows-and-events

Last edited by Kathy on Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:39; edited 1 time in total
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:38

Ah thank you Kathy! I wasn't sure where to post it! I'll just copy and past it there too Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Apr 05 2013, 13:40

thumbs up Spread the word
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:18

I'd love to go to that it sounds absolutely fantastic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 17:18

Are you going Cody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 21:54

Quite a long way away from Ireland though Mat! Sad Quite a few of our dogs have been rescued from here and taken to their forever homes a good 5-6 hours away though! It really is a great day out - I just hope the weather holds up as most of the dogs do get rehomed after meeting their potential families and the home checks have been passed! But yes, I might pop along to see my babies Big Grin Love Struck Depends on how the weather is, and if I'm working! If I'm working I'll be looking after 100+ doggies Laughing I might sneak out to the walking field on my break though Wink I can't resist a munch with the dogs Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 07:26

Sounds fantastic I'd love to go and show my support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down