Billy in the woods help

3 posters

Go down

Billy in the woods help Empty Billy in the woods help

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 09:05

My OH took billy to the woods yesterday and he was playing really nicely with a labradoodle, ahead was a couple of young lands with a staffy and a pitbull mix of sorts.

the pitbull came running up and he and billy were playing for about 10 mins nicely, then he ran back to his owner. Billy followed, and went to the staffy, the staffy immediatly pinned billy down to the ground and he was growling and barking at him. The labradoodle ran to try and interfere but the staffy was growling at him as well. Luckily the owner ran up and put his staffy on a lead. He was really apologetic to my oh, and said it was going to turn nasty as his dog does not like many dogs.

I was just wondering do we have to be more wary of other staffies when taking billy out. My son has 2 mates who both have 2 staffies each and they play really well together.

Back to top Go down

Billy in the woods help Empty Re: Billy in the woods help

Post by janey Fri Mar 11 2011, 09:24

I'm always wary of any dog when I'm out, just in case really, but not overly. Really if the other dog is dog aggresive then it should be on a lead. Don't worry yourself too much cause it does happen Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11 2011, 10:23

I'd always be wary of dogs you don't know, as you've no idea if they're aggressive or not. Having said that, the idiot with the aggressive dog was well aware of how his dog is, so should have put him on a lead as soon as he saw you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 18:12

it really annoys me when irresponsible owners who are well aware their dog doesnt like other dogs let them roam free, woody has had a couple of scrapes, whilst on the lead himself, with others that arent classed as "dangerous" dogs! one being a jack russell and the other was a spaniel!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 18:40

I was just leaving the canal today when I heard a man shouting "get here"
turned round to see 3 dogs barking and running towards me and Blue.
I did think here we go. Blue just head butted the first 2 and they all walked off. Thought phew. Did have visions of me and Blue rucking with them. 2 Akitas as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12 2011, 18:42

loving the headbutt!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Sun Mar 13 2011, 11:52

sofar Bruiser has nearly been attacked by two staffies and a german shepperd. Mind you the two stafies had owners who visibly had taught the dog wrong you could just tell, they shouldnt have been off their leads in the first place.
However me and my partner took Bruiser for a walk yesterday and met a couple with 3 fabulous staffies who Bruiser became really good friends with.
It seems to me that two many dogs with aggression problems are off their leads, hope Billy isnt effected by hes experience
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13 2011, 12:36

thanks, he seems ok

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Mar 13 2011, 21:52

Awww poor baby hope he is okay Smile I dont let mine off lead but you would be suprised at the amount of people who let there dogs come over I mean what is wrong with some people if I saw someone walking there dog on a lead id never let mine go over I mean it doesnt take much to realise the dogs not freindly
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13 2011, 22:25

Walking Dempsey off lead today & saw a small-ish terrier sort of dog running full pelt towards us with the owner running behind, yelling for it to stop! I put Dempsey on his lead, told him to lay down & waited patiently. The dog ran up & started to sniff Dempsey & he got up & sniffed back. His tail was ramrod stiff & held really high, even though it was wagging, so I knew he wasn't best pleased.

The guy caught up & puffed "Wow, I saw you put your dog on lead and I though, omg my dog's breakfast! Thank god your dog's friendly!"

Just at that point, Dempsey let out a blood curdling snarl & lunged towards the poor hapless terrier!

I just said to the guy "That's why I put him on the lead!" and I walked away before I could look too embarrassed!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14 2011, 08:26

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down