Easter spoils

3 posters

Go down

Easter spoils Empty Easter spoils

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 13:22

Took a trip out to our bigger pet store this morning so we could spoil the kids - any excuse Laughing

Got Vinny a nice warm blanky for winter approaching and a new collar since Roxy likes to play tug with his old one - while it's on him doh

They both got a pigs ear; dry ostrich knuckles; dry beef bones; some tripe treats and some yummy looking biscuits - so that's the treats stocked up for a good while.

I also picked up some honey and olive oil after all the good reports on here Smile

Now all they need is a winter coat each - but since winter is so short here none of the shops stock decent ones and ones big enough for staffords, would you believe. I really want something that will cover their tummies and preferably without velcro so they can't pull each other around Wink

The best part was on the way back we found a butcher's who does all sorts of good things which means I can very seriously look into moving them on to a raw diet. They had everything from all the chicken bits to knuckles, shins and even pigs and sheeps heads.

Back to top Go down

Easter spoils Empty Re: Easter spoils

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 13:58

Sounds like a good day and a good haul for the pups.

I'd love to find some new things for Logan to eat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 30 2013, 14:03

2 spoilt pooches Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 14:15

I wish we had cool things like that to feed Loki, but the best I can find are lamb hearts Laughing. Looks like they're definitely getting spoilt this Easter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 14:29

Definitely Easter spoils! Heard a whisper that the Easter Bunny will be dropping off some normal eggs for them later... none of that chocolate lark it wasnt me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 14:35

That's very thoughtful of the Easter Bunny Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat Mar 30 2013, 16:51

Tara wrote:I wish we had cool things like that to feed Loki, but the best I can find are lamb hearts Laughing. Looks like they're definitely getting spoilt this Easter!

Hi Tara, have you tried Berriewood Pet Supplies? I don't feed raw but I got a good deal on raw frozen lamb bones from them.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 17:00

Yum Yum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:44

It's always great to find another really good pet store, well done on finding yours. I much prefer shopping for Rocky than I do myself, I can never find anything in my size or what I like. Well done for finding the good butcher too, they are very rare
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:47

Kathy wrote:It's always great to find another really good pet store, well done on finding yours. I much prefer shopping for Rocky than I do myself, I can never find anything in my size or what I like. Well done for finding the good butcher too, they are very rare
It's definitely more fun shopping for them! I love that pet store - it's about a 40 minute drive, but worth it. It's massive and leads on to an amazing aquarium, and out to a gorgeous tea garden complete with substantial bird park and roaming peacocks, chickens, bunnies - the works. It makes for a great morning out and the food at the tea garden is delicious!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down