Concerned

Go down

Concerned Empty Concerned

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:32

After reading a topic yesterday chasing tails was mentioned. I know its not a good thing but Vinnie does it sometimes not very often and I do distract him when he does. Is there a problem do you think! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Concerned Empty Re: Concerned

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:35

I find it can be to do with boredom. Logan will do it when he hasn't had enough exercise. As long as he doesn't seem to be obssessing over chasing his tail it isn't too much of an issue Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:36

It's something that should be discourage, it can lead to serious behavioural problems.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:37

MatLogan wrote:I find it can be to do with boredom. Logan will do it when he hasn't had enough exercise. As long as he doesn't seem to be obssessing over chasing his tail it isn't too much of an issue Smile
I think maybe it is a boredom thing or if no one is taking any notice of him. Thank you Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:39

No probs. Certain breeds are more prone to it I believe, especially working dogs like springers etc that need a lot of mental/physical exercise.

I've seen springers that have totally obsessed themselves with that and have actually ended up injuring themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17 2013, 12:57

It's only bad if they start doing it all the time, so just distract him when he does it as you do, but it's just a boredom thing, I'd think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum