insurance??

2 posters

Go down

insurance??  Empty Insurance????

Post by gingerknickers Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:10

hi all,

I am confused.com with insurance. Skyes 4 week free cover has now expired, I have been shopping round but am totally confused with all the diffrent policies out there. I know I need a lifetime cover but still here are so many options. PetPlan can offer me a lifetime cover with £7000 per year vet fees for £22 per month. Is this the type of cover I need or is £4000 vet fees per year ok?
Alternatively I found a quote on compare the market from Argod for £13.89 per month. It is cheaper and seems to offer the same level of cover (£7000 vet fees per year), should I be concerned in the difference in price? Sorry if I sound really stupid but its all new to me! Thanks in advance x
gingerknickers
gingerknickers
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

insurance??  Empty Re: insurance??

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:19

Have a look in the Insurance section, loads of information there:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f28-staffordshire-bull-terrier-pet-insurance
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

insurance??  Empty insurance??

Post by gingerknickers Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:20

hi all,

I am confused.com with insurance. Skyes 4 week free cover has now expired, I have been shopping round but am totally confused with all the diffrent policies out there. I know I need a lifetime cover but still here are so many options. PetPlan can offer me a lifetime cover with £7000 per year vet fees for £22 per month. Is this the type of cover I need or is £4000 vet fees per year ok? Alternatively I found a quote on compare the market from Argod for £13.89 per month. It is cheaper and seems to offer the same level of cover (£7000 vet fees per year), should I be concerned in the difference in price? Sorry if I sound really stupid but its all new to me! Thanks in advance x
gingerknickers
gingerknickers

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:23

Petplan will be one of the most expensive.

What you need to look for is lifetime cover, so that if your dog gets a long term illness, or an illness that spans the end of one policy year & the start of a new policy year, the cover won't just stop at the end of the policy year (too many 'policy years' in that, but I hope it makes sense).

Then you need to decide how much cover you want. I chose a high cover of £7500 per condition for life, but many might consider that too high.

Then look at what excess the companies have in place - the amount you have to pay regardless of the cover. Mine's £75 per condition.

Then have a look at all the little extras, like rewards for lost dogs, kenneling fees if you're ill, holiday cover if plans go wrong etc & see which company offers the best deal for the extras you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:29

We have insured Rocky with Argos Pet Insurance on a Lifetime policy. The premium is approx £20.00 per month.

We were previously with PetPlan who wanted £22.50 per month for the same cover.

With Argos we went for the Platinum Policy which should pay out £7,000 in vet fees, £2 Million in 3rd Party Liability and with £65 excess per incident.

Hope this helps.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:31

I've merged the two topics so it doesn't get confusing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:36

As above lifetime cover , £7500 isn't too much , if you have a run of bad luck then some of the bills can chalk this up in a relatively short time . Pet Plan is probably the best cover you can buy but also the most expensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum