New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue

4 posters

Go down

New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue Empty New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue

Post by k1982 Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:47

Hi I joined to today after getting reviews from some friends. It might be a long shot but I rescued a poor chap a little while back and am desperately trying to find him his forever home but there are so many untrustworthy people out there it's proving impossible Sad Could anyone guide me in where I might be able get some more joy?
Thanks Smile

k1982
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue Empty Re: New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:49

If you are thinking of rehoming sadly the only safe option is by leaving it to a proper rescue centre. Home checks etc have to be done to give any real chance of a sustainable home.

Are you fostering the dog for a centre or is it your dog?

Back to top Go down

New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue Empty Re: New to group and looking for a fellow sbt lover for a rescue

Post by rebeccaleanne Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:53

hi and welcome from me and tyke

how did you come by your littles rescue and are you from Australia?

also can i ask any reason why you can not keep hold of the little fella (sorry if too personal)

Smile

p.s well done on rescuing in the first place
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:03

Unfortunately, the only way to be sure of that is if he was in a rescue centre so they can do home checks for any potential owners. Did you intend on keeping him or did you just rescue him from a bad situation so that you can find him a suitable home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:06

I would echo the views above, the only safe option is to contact a rescue centre to see if they have a place for him. Please see list below for rescue centres

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t10833-rescue-centres-list
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by k1982 Mon Mar 11 2013, 16:40

Hi no I am in the UK, I have just updated my profile Smile

Unfortunately it is the second time I have re homed this chap as he was recently last found abandoned by the people I had re homed him too starving. He is a fantastic dog and if I could keep him I would, my house is too manic for him though and I have other animals I have had to put into temporary care to accommodate him back. I really wouldn't want to put him in kennels Sad The kennels are full anyway Sad It's such a shame as he really is a beautiful dog xx

k1982

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Mon Mar 11 2013, 16:43

I think the best way would be kennels as these people who work there do this for a living and have certain steps and procedures in the re homing process. Sorry to hear about this and that you can not keep him. But i would ring around you local rescues. Sorry we can not advise or offer an alternative
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:01

k1982 wrote:
Unfortunately it is the second time I have re homed this chap as he was recently last found abandoned by the people I had re homed him too starving.

Sorry to state the obvious and no reflection on yourself as you are only trying your best but this is the exact kind of reason why the professional rescues should be involved in such cases Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Mon Mar 11 2013, 22:39

Could you contact the local rescue centre and offer to foster him for the short term, while they find him a forever home? I help out at a pound and they can have staffies for 3 or 4 months looking for a foster/rescue place (they are supposed to move them on after seven days but don't want to go down the pts route... Sad )
There are too many staffies and not enough homes, unfortunately.
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down