the all sorts of Saturday

Go down

the all sorts of Saturday Empty the all sorts of Saturday

Post by Taryn Mon Feb 18 2013, 20:54

so, here in Helsinki we have Restaurant Day four times a year. If you have never heard about it; it is when normal people are allowed to open up small food stands and 'restaurants' around the city with no need for paper work or law. Many people sell cakes and buns, tea's coffee's, even full meals like curries and slices of lamb flame roasted before your eyes. There are all sorts of nationalities so its really an asortment of things all over the central city.
So me and Romeo went to town to eat lots of cheap goodies Smile
i brought and tried rathera few things and romeo thought it was awesome... mainly because of all the scraps on the ground, forget the fact its -2 and a little rainy snowy, he didnt care he was in his coat and going on his merry way.
After a while, we catch up with my friend and her black brindle staffy Matilda who is 6½ years, Romeo's best friend so to say. Oh god those two are a pair. What ever Matilda sticks her nose into, Romeo has to rush into it too. so if Matilda sniffs the ground, so does romeo, if matilda likes a dog, so does romeo... if matilda doesnt like a dog... well.... romeo is ready to have her back in an all out blood bath.
We did have a few momnet when a larger wire haired terrier had a snap at Matilda and Romeo, as the man of the group, took it upon himself to defend her, all 20kgs of him. and while he is normally a spooy bugger, he is rather frightening sight when he is really worked up. luckily nothing serious happened and we just got to be embaressed about out dogs ganging up on others.

Now, in parts of the town its rather dog friendly, and there are a number of bar/restaurants (actual establishments) that allow doggies customers. So we have retired to what would be called here 'an old english pub' so its decorated to look very sterotypically english. (we're sitting in big leather studded chairs with an old chest as a table)
we are enjoying out drinks when a man comes up to us (romeo and matilda are on different sides of the solid wooden chest table sleeping) and asks if we have seen his dog as she has wondered off. we are a bit confused as he thinks she might have gone outside, which is dangerous as we are in a very busy part of the city. he was a little odd and then he goes off.
After we talk about how risky it is to just let your dog wander freely since you never know what kind of people are about or if they might get out the door, the man comes back, this time with a big fat lab female.
My friend hasnt noticed since she has her back to them. as this lab spots Matilda it lowers it head and all his hair goes on end and it rushes her, taking matilda by suprise.
Of course there is alot of snarling and teeth and barking, i had to grab romeo since he was ready to rip this dogs throat out and my friend had to scoop her dog up to save it and the lab was still ready for more before the owner pulled it away.
Matilda was ok, she was shaken and wet from the other dog grabbing her and romeo was looking everywhere for this other dog to give it a taste of his medicen.
The whole pub has gone stone slient and staring at us, so we try to continue on.
about 10 mins latter the guy comes back to us to tell us that his dog didnt mean anything by it and that she is an older female that needs to let our little dogs know who's boss and that she does it all the time and has never hurt someone.
we didnt really say much other then its not safe to take her up to strange dogs when you know she can be like that. he kind of stumbles on his words and then leaves
We where pretty * off.
even the bar tender came up to us to apologise for the situation since he was aware we where not in the wrong.
i swear... some people.
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

the all sorts of Saturday Empty Re: the all sorts of Saturday

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18 2013, 21:04

Great start to the day but had to end on a bad note because of some idiot Sad such a shame. Glad Romeo and Matilda are OK though.

Back to top Go down