OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but////

+3
lolalollypop
janey
sooz225
7 posters

Go down

OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but//// Empty OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but////

Post by sooz225 Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:37

I have never given jake raw food, ever, always been JWB or burns or some treats. But after reading on here i'm thinking, should i or shouldnt i??? I know its a bit late cos hes 5 but any time i try to give him "our food" he pukes it rite backl up again, thats y iv always stuck to dry, comments welcome pls xx

Sorry, this came to my mind when somrone mentioned givin their dog heart or liver or something, and i thougt, "cooked" naive i know.
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but//// Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but//// Empty Re: OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but////

Post by janey Wed Feb 23 2011, 23:48

I haven't a clue about feeding Raw.Mine's on Royal Canin and with her prior bowl probs thats what she will stay on.

Whatever suits you really Moo is a wet/dry mix. I like the idea of a raw diet but don't have the time.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but//// Empty Re: OK A lot might think me a bit of a muppet but////

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 01:00

i have thought of feeding holly liver every now and then but not sure if i should boil it virst either really....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 08:29

I have just started last week, Billy was not eating his kibble unless we mixed it with things so we decided to give it a go. He now licks the bowl clean and I think much better for your dog, but we are only on our 2nd week but so far no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 08:54

It's never too late to change their diets to raw. No cooking is needed, the idea is to feed them what they would eat if they were wild still since thats what their digestive system is designed to eat.
No Jamie Oliver dogs in the wild , they eat everything raw. They do say you can slighty cook it at fist to get your dog to adapt if you want, but to cook it less and less until they are eating it raw.
I will be fasting Blue for 24 hours first then changing him straight onto the raw. It's better if you don't mis raw and commercial food as they digest each type differently

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 13:10

good advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 17:59

You can change at any age, it makes no difference. I would say in general that it is healthier for your dog to feed raw. HOWEVER, it doesn't suit everybody or even every dog. By all means give it a try, but do a little research first so that you get the balance right. Always freeze raw meat for a couple of days before feeding as that removes most of the bacteria that may be present in raw meat.

BlueStaffBlue wrote: They do say you can slighty cook it at fist to get your dog to adapt if you want, but to cook it less and less until they are eating it raw.

If you're going to cook, then cook completely or you'll get the same problems with food poisoning that you get with humans who don't cook meat thoroughly.

No meat needs to be cooked for dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Thu Feb 24 2011, 18:06

rotf at muppett............havnt heard that for ages
lolalollypop
lolalollypop

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Thu Feb 24 2011, 19:07

just changed logan onto raw so i'll let you know how he gets on. i buy the little bags already frozen so i just defrost one of those and give him it! Easy peasy. plus he will other thingslike raw bones, sardines etc.
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Feb 24 2011, 21:06

I feed kaiser liver i boil it he has it once or twice a week too much can be bad for them in the long run
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Feb 24 2011, 23:21

I feed mine james well beloved dry complete and i mix it with cooked meat or fish. I find it works for my 2 and they are healthy but you have to find a way that suits you.
I did try raw feed but it was a disaster for me but i do give them raw mince and soft meat regular.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Fri Feb 25 2011, 23:19

Mine ALWAYS eat raw meat they also have it cooked hey it's meat they'll take it anyway lol. The breeder i got Harley from used to give him and his siblings raw chicken necks(at 6-7 weeks old) and raw chicken frames.

U can also get dry food that has meat pieces in it, my 2 currently have a PAL one(they have different dry food for indoor and outdoor) that has meat pieces in it. It's your decision as it's your dog u do what u want.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Sat Feb 26 2011, 20:04

thanks for tips guys, i might try him on a wee bit at a time, what i'm worried about is cleaning up the puke cos i really have a weak stomach when it comes to that lol xxx
sooz225
sooz225

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Feb 26 2011, 20:43

They are sick time to time, especially when mines been eating grass Surprised
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down