pongy
lordmickey
Mark
asa-james
EmLou28
Pollyanna
10 posters

Go down

Have you ever been bowled over...... Empty Have you ever been bowled over......

Post by Pollyanna Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:06

I have come to the conclusion that Lily thinks I'm some sort of skittle and that she is a bowling ball. Having said that, she is very good at it. So far since Christmas I have had a cracked rib and a chipped bone in my wrist - the second time I have damaged my hand. I keep turning up at A&E and have warned hubby that they think I am a battered wife and that he is the perpertrator. Obviously they think that blaming the dog is like having a black eye and saying you bumped into the door. Anyway, she obviously loves this game of bowls and not conent with the score so far she had another go. Today I called her back and for once her recall was spot on, but unfortunately her brakes need attention - she came flying out of a field and clipped me on the side of my leg and down I went. Fortunately no damage was done this time as I was still wearing a splint from the chipped bone from the previous encounter. I was just covered in muddy water and slime and embarrassment. Could have sworn I heard someone shout strike!! Big Grin

Is it just me or has anyone else had an injury accidentally caused by their furry friend?
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Have you ever been bowled over...... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Have you ever been bowled over...... Empty Re: Have you ever been bowled over......

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:12

Laughing Often rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Have you ever been bowled over...... Empty Re: Have you ever been bowled over......

Post by EmLou28 Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:23

Have you ever been bowled over...... IMG_1255_zps9163e853

This is my only injury from Maggie, sat on the loo when Maggie comes walking in (I'm hopfully not the only one who can't pee alone Smile) and she jumps up wanting fuss, not the best time, her paw slips resulting in said scratch Smile It has since healed but has left me a lovely reminder in a purple scar Smile Think I need to get her nails cut Big Grin
EmLou28
EmLou28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:28

haha yer try two of them running up at you Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Tue Feb 12 2013, 07:38

Not from Lola but a weim full chat from behind. I ended up airborne and landing flat on my back getting winded in the process. And the weim had the cheek to limp for five minutes!
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Feb 12 2013, 07:49

Ours don't knock us over but have been pretty close you must learn the art of dodging Laughing
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:24

Suki is always giving me a good bruise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:32

Not quite, but when Loki was on his long line, I wans't expecting so much force and I went flying head-first onto the icy grass Laughing nothing like your injuries though, OUCH! Learn to move out of the way Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:22

I can't count the amount of times I've been bowled over by a dog! Bandit was the worst because he was so good off lead (apart from other dogs) that he pretty much was left to sniff around the fields. Then he'd decide to hurtle, full pelt, straight at us from behind - right in the back of the knees! No chance of keeping your feet after that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:43

Laughing Lily flattened me at the beach once from the front and another time when they get you behind the knee and you just buckle Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by lordmickey Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:26

its when they pick up a branch thats waaaay to big for them and go charging in to your legs and very often a good smack in my bowling balls!
lordmickey
lordmickey

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Murphy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:40

Oh yes in the few months we have had Cassie, i have at least once done a face plant and chewed grass, and a few times i have had to check if that solid rock of a skull has snapped my shins, or when she has jumped up at 100mph and gave me an impromptu vesectomy with her nails, but at least she comes back Big Grin
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:37

My hubby is always complaining about his plums squashed Laughing Rocky always manages to find them, maybe it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't have any Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Tue Feb 12 2013, 13:06

Glad its not just me then, and some funny replied too. I went to the Fracture Clinic today and was asked why I would want a dog that keeps knocking me over. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... obviously never owned a Staffie Big Grin

On another note, my daughter is thinking of getting a Newfoundland and I said good, it can take Lily for a walk. Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Tue Feb 12 2013, 13:12

Kathy wrote:My hubby is always complaining about his plums squashed Laughing Rocky always manages to find them, maybe it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't have any Laughing

I always say if someone can hit mine they should put lottery numbers on because it's their lucky day Laughing Blushing , but Cassie gets it spot on 9 times out of 10 sick sick it's amazing just how lucky she is or is that how unlucky i am rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 15:21

EmLou28 wrote:Have you ever been bowled over...... IMG_1255_zps9163e853

This is my only injury from Maggie, sat on the loo when Maggie comes walking in (I'm hopfully not the only one who can't pee alone Smile) and she jumps up wanting fuss, not the best time, her paw slips resulting in said scratch Smile It has since healed but has left me a lovely reminder in a purple scar Smile Think I need to get her nails cut Big Grin

Youre definitely not the only one! I cant go anywhere in peace - especially the bathroom! My legs are covered in scratches from sharp little claws!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:45

Ouch!!!
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12 2013, 20:54

Nothing that has hospitalised me so far thank goodness, but scratches and bruises galore, yes.

One of my Dobes gave me a real shiner of a black eye once - she jumped up onto the sofa just when I bent down to pick up something and her hard hard head hit me on the browbone. I was going through a marriage breakup at the time and no-one, but no-one, at work believed me when I told them it was the dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by patchandbubblesmummy Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:01

patch has cut my nose and cuts and brusies bless him and no u r not the nly one patch loves coming in bathroom with me
patchandbubblesmummy
patchandbubblesmummy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : patch
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:05

Katy loves to slam into me when out off lead. She will run off ahead a bit, crouch down dipping her head & wait till i get near, then she's full pelt at me either slamming my shin or hitting just above my knee with her front feet!!!! rolling on the floor & i cant go to the bathroom by myself either Smile
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:31

tyke as luckly never put me into hospital!! poor you!!! hope your mending!! tyke has a thing for when he wants a cuddle he needs to sit on me and dog his claws in i get bruised scratches
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum