My Mean Dog

5 posters

Go down

My Mean Dog Empty My Mean Dog

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 08:56

Similar to reuben's "Children Biters" post yesterday.

Yesterday when I got home from work I took Logan out for his big walk. Somehow the sun had came out so everywhere was packed with dog walkers. I saw a little old woman walking a whippet x pup walking towards me and she seemed worried/scared of big bad Logan coming towards her. She was actually going to cross the muddy, wet grass to get away! In these cases I always try and talk to the person as I hate to see someone scared, especially because Logan is very friendly, and especially the elderly.

I said "that's a lovely looking dog you have" to her when I got close enough and she seemed really happy and relaxed, she even let Logan play with her dog and they got on well. We chatted for a few mins about her dog and then I moved on, as there was a man with a Springer Spaniel coming on the same path.

He had obviously seen me talk to the woman and that Logan was great with her dog and friendly towards her. However, he looked at Logan in disgust holding his dog that was going mad and said "that's a very mean dog you've got there" and walked on.

I didn't even respond to be honest. I just went on with my walk and had a great time.

Back to top Go down

My Mean Dog Empty Re: My Mean Dog

Post by Steveb Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:21

Poor Logan!!! Maybe he was trying to be ironic - but I doubt it. I had a similar experiance with a Springer many years ago when we lived in Surrey. I was walking past an entrance to a local park and I could hear a man calling frantically after his dog. This dog bounded over to Teddy and proceeded to play with him who was obviously on the lead as we were on the way to the shops. By the time the man finally caught up with his dog looking all hot and bothered and shaken. I said something about Teddy being friendly and he said "oh those things can do friendly". Sadly it's these kinds of attitude and judgments that you have to put up with when you have a Staffie as part of your family.

Steveb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:37

Yes its sad that most people think of staffs that way. They are the most gentle loving dogs I've ever know Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:40

quote="MatLogan"], as there was a man with a Springer Spaniel coming on the same path.

He had obviously seen me talk to the woman and that Logan was great with her dog and friendly towards her. However, he looked at Logan in disgust holding his dog that was going mad and said "that's a very mean dog you've got there" and walked on. [quote]
Laughing Laughing jealousy is a female dog Laughing he was probably wanting to kick his dog at that point for letting a very mean dog show him up
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:43

Lol the thing I find Dave is that some people are that blind they actually believe their own nonsense. He probably considered himself the "voice of the people" after that. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:50

MatLogan wrote:Lol the thing I find Dave is that some people are that blind they actually believe their own nonsense. He probably considered himself the "voice of the people" after that. Laughing

and Barbra Woodhouse or good ole ceaser before it too rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jan 31 2013, 10:26

Met a women last week who picked her up her yappy dog and proceeded to tell me that thats one of those aggressive dogs! Bumped into her yesterday again and she didn't have time to pick it up and somehow its flexi lead got caught on Moo's tags on her collar, should have seen her panic lol, its ok I said and bent down to untangle it, she couldn't be more apologetic Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 10:31

Poor Logan, how could anyone think he is mean? He looks so sweet on his pic with his toy Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 10:43

sounds like an idiot tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 12:30

janey wrote:

Met a women last week who picked her up her yappy dog and proceeded to tell me that thats one of those aggressive dogs! Bumped into her yesterday again and she didn't have time to pick it up and somehow its flexi lead got caught on Moo's tags on her collar, should have seen her panic lol, its ok I said and bent down to untangle it, she couldn't be more apologetic Big Grin

I had a Scottish Terrier run at Logan once off the lead and whilst I bent to clip his lead on his dog bit my hand. He rushed round the corner in a panic and told me "my dog should never be off the lead" and he is fairly sure Logan fell under the dangerous dog act.

And his dog bit me lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 13:54

Chiara wrote:Poor Logan, how could anyone think he is mean? He looks so sweet on his pic with his toy Big Grin

Chiara can you please not use that colour font? Some people may find it very hard to read Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Thu Jan 31 2013, 20:18

one word 'fool' least you got one out of two Smile which is better than none
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke