Status Status :

Other / Decline to state
Dogs Name(s) : POP
Dog Gender(s) : BOO
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

. Empty Re: .

Post by janey Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:45

Tough, its there policy and I'm affraid sadly a lot pf peoples opinions are the same. You did your best, and its fallen on deaf ears, but its there policy so don't let them get to you and try somewhere else. You couldn't have tried harder, and they don't deserve Prince.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:52

Totally agree with Janey it is there loss but as the lady stated they do have policies that they have to adhear too. Don't be to hard on yourself it is not your fault that you were totally honest and up front from the start.

Prince is a star and so are you for offering to help others so chin up and try other avenues. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:57

I think you have been told the correct thing Carmen.Pit bulls are illegal and PAT have to protect themselves and follow the law.
I dont see why you gave them such a hard time. Sorry but thats my opinion.
As you have stated, Prince is a lovely docile dog and has so much love to give. So i would continue to enjoy him for yourself and family!
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 11:41

I wish u had run the idea past us before u sent the original email as we could of advised you most definatley not to of even uttered the word "pit". Pit type is what is illegal in this country and they have a set of specs to cross examine the dog against. Alot of bully type crosses can conform to "pit type" which is sad as gorgeous dogs get destroyed all the time and are not "pit bulls" at all but just "type". Although its sad prince wont have the chance to become a therepy dog, pit type is illegal and u did say he was a pit cross so can completley see where they are coming from Sad xx dont beat your self up though x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 11:55

As Carly says, there's little you can do now. The only thing I can sugest is to wait until the new ammendment to the law comes into force. This (hopefully) will remove the BSL part & may help for a future application for a PAT dog.

I suppose it will also depend on whether the people there have long memories, or keep written records of a decline. Maybe in a few months they'll ahve forgotten who you are!

Next time, though, don't even mention the dog's breed until they ask you, and then tell them he's a staffordshire bull terrier. Don't even mention cross breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 13:44

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:14; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 13:45

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:15; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 13:49

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:16; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 13:51

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:16; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 13:54

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:17; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 14:06

ILovePrince wrote:
Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:Totally agree with Janey it is there loss but as the lady stated they do have policies that they have to adhear too. Don't be to hard on yourself it is not your fault that you were totally honest and up front from the start.

Prince is a star and so are you for offering to help others so chin up and try other avenues. >Big Grin<

Thank you. Again, I am aware it's their policy and I wasn't trying to argue; just was attempting to come to an amicable agreement whereby I could confirm his breed.

We all know that you were trying to do that just don't be so hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 14:58

ILovePrince wrote:
Caryll wrote:As Carly says, there's little you can do now. The only thing I can sugest is to wait until the new ammendment to the law comes into force. This (hopefully) will remove the BSL part & may help for a future application for a PAT dog.

I suppose it will also depend on whether the people there have long memories, or keep written records of a decline. Maybe in a few months they'll ahve forgotten who you are!

Next time, though, don't even mention the dog's breed until they ask you, and then tell them he's a staffordshire bull terrier. Don't even mention cross breed.

When will the amendment be? Although PAT is ruled out for now, I am not giving up and will simply go someplace else, and state that he's a Staff. Staffs are perfectly legal so they should have no reason to turn me away.

It's hard to say - the law's been written & agreed by parliament (I think), but I think it now has to go before the Lords. And we all know how slow they can be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Wed Feb 09 2011, 15:29

ILovePrince wrote:
Hayley109 wrote:I think you have been told the correct thing Carmen.Pit bulls are illegal and PAT have to protect themselves and follow the law.
I dont see why you gave them such a hard time. Sorry but thats my opinion.
As you have stated, Prince is a lovely docile dog and has so much love to give. So i would continue to enjoy him for yourself and family!

I wasn't giving anyone a hard time. It's your opinion, but not really necessary to say. I wasn't being difficult, or abusive. I was putting forward my concerns in an articulate and professional way and was trying to come to an agreement, as opposed to just giving up. Again, I am aware of the law and their policies but Prince is not a confirmed Pit Bull (or Pit type? Which is anyone's guess because people's perception of 'Pit Bull types' vary, Hell, even some Labrador crosses look like Pits to some people). I was only trying to come to an arrangement with them whereby I could confirm his breed, but clearly, they weren't interested in cooperating. Clearly, this had more to do with Prince being a bully breed as opposed to them actually being worried about the law. I don't just want him for myself and my family, he is capable of so much more. No matter, though, I won't give up.

I never said you were abusive or difficult. And yes, your emails to them were profesionally worded, but that is why i said 'in my opinion'. Everyone will have an opinion on this matter and that is why its an opinion. If you agree or not this is an open floor for differences of them and to discuss. I still dont fully understand what you wanted from them? You seem to already know about the DNA testing side of it for Prince, so what did you want PAT to say and do? You seem to know about 'bully' breed so how come you didnt know PB's are banned? I dont think it is to with him being a bully at all, but everything to do with the fact you stated he was a PB x. As others and myself have also stated, PAT have to protect themselves and abide by the laws.
I hope you do succeed in getting what you want for Prince he looks and sounds like a brill staff. Is Prince living with you now?
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:37

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:18; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:39

But why did you say your dog as pitbull in him when surely everybody must know they are banned in the uk?

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:40

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 16:18; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince