book debate

Go down

book debate Empty Re: book debate

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:12

ella wrote:
new Staffy owner wrote:No, slaughterhouses are not the nicest of places, who could expect them to be.

What I have seen of many different animals during my long years has shown to me that animals do accept the death of another animal calmly (whether their own species or not) and do not relate it to their inner selves. I have seen animals from rodents and birds to sheep, cattle and horses wander around the bodies of their deceased fellow species without any troubling "am I next" thoughts. These were natural deaths in the field (or wherever).

The trouble comes when these "prey" animals (the ones we and our dogs eat) are taken by lorry to the market place and then the slaughterhouse. This does upset them and they generally yell their heads off. They are being herded from one place (which they got used to for a few days or months) to another. But I still do not believe that they anticipate "death" - something new undoubtedly, but not their own destruction.

But, at the end of the day, these animals ARE going to die, like it or not - if not for our human consumption, then for our dogs' consumption. And I still maintain that bleeding to death whilst strung up by the hind legs is more humanely achieved whilst the animal is stunned than conscious.

you've clearly not seen an animal suffering from fear before being slaughtered, many argue that is worst for them then the actual death.

I agree it's better for the animal to be stunned i'm not arguing that point, but why do people pass up the meat when the animals have died anyway? surely thats a waste of their life?

applause exactly ella haha this thread went from showing what you bought to a full on debate about halal meat next we will be burning the quaran lol

ella you ever fed kosha meat lol I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:49

I'm actually quite interested in the quran, im interested a lot in looking at different beliefs. hindu is very cute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:53

never really looked into any religion TBH not my sort of thing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 23:13

bigwazza wrote: next we will be burning the quaran lol

That's rubbish, Wazza, and in itself is inflamatory - something that hadn't actually entered this thread up until that point.

We all have differing views on animal slaughter. I personally don't like the halal way, but I would not then turn any discussion around to rubiishing or denigrating the religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 11:34

Blushing sorry about the burning quote (light hearted )

from the little iv read of religios books bible, quaran there really quite simuler just with differant spins on it

Back to top Go down

book debate Empty book debate

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 11:40

bigwazza wrote: Blushing sorry about the burning quote (light hearted )

from the little iv read of religios books bible, quaran there really quite simuler just with differant spins on it

The Koran & the Bible are quite different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 11:50

from the little iv read there along the same lines one god and desiples/followers
the importance of pray celibration of the birth of the chosen one .
like i say the rest all the little stories are modeled into that religines beleife

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 11:56

Yeah they are similar but vastly different. As are all religions!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 11:58

Both the Koran & the Bible believe in the Old Testament, but not Jesus as Christ - that's where it is vastly different.

There are many other differences, but I doubt that this forum is the place to discuss theology! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 12:22

But it could be argued that other religions apart from muslim and christan have a jesus of their own, which is where they are similar.

They are all copies and slight twists on the same concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 12:27

Caryll wrote:Both the Koran & the Bible believe in the Old Testament, but not Jesus as Christ - that's where it is vastly different.

There are many other differences, but I doubt that this forum is the place to discuss theology! Big Grin

jesus christ and mohamad are both the same son of there beleived god Smile
but will agree a staffie forum not the best place to debate theology thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 22:48

bigwazza wrote:
Caryll wrote:Both the Koran & the Bible believe in the Old Testament, but not Jesus as Christ - that's where it is vastly different.

jesus christ and mohamad are both the same son of there beleived god Smile
but will agree a staffie forum not the best place to debate theology thumbs up

Not quite. In Christianity, to go to Heaven you have to believe Jesus is the son of God (or God, if you're Catholic, I guess). In Islam, that's basically the number one sin Laughing so for all of their similarities, that's a pretty huge difference in that one is a requirement, and one is a big sin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down