Why would someone do it?

4 posters

Go down

Why would someone do it? Empty Why would someone do it?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:17

I was walking back from my parents tonight took the usual path around the mountain way rather than the road anyways we came across a couple of hunters they had a greyhound and a jack Russell. Fair play this jack Russell was well trained because the owner gave a whistle and the jack Russell was at his side rather than go for Taz because you could see he wanted to. I walked just a few steps further and all of a sudden Taz lunged forward yelping I spun around and seen the JRT had hold of Taz’s back leg, Taz spun around and grabbed hold of JRT and they started fighting I let his lead go and pulled Cassie and Blondy to the side and tied them to a fence post because their on a two clasp lead and Taz on a lead of his own I was more worried about Blondy getting caught init than I was of Taz seriously hurting this JRT I don’t know if that was bad of me or not. So I turned to Taz and JR still scrapping but Taz was clearly getting the upper hand I went for Taz, then eventually the owner responded he run over and he went to kick Taz, but Taz jumped out of the way and he stopped fighting and went to walk towards me but then JR jumped at Taz again and got him in the chest they started fighting again the owner went for Taz again so I pushed him out of the way and grabbed the JR by the scruff on the side of his neck soon as I grabbed hold of the JR Taz stopped and walked back over to Cassie who was going crazy screaming like mad I handed the JR over to his owner and he just threw him to the floor and kicked him to walk forward but to be honest I think he punished his dog for not “winning” because he had complete control over his dog so he must of set his dog onto Taz, I can’t believe it I’m still shaking and it was an hour ago, why would he do that not having control is bad enough but to actually have control and set his dog onto another is just sick the guy the owner was with was just standing there holding onto the greyhound. I grabbed my lot. Cassie was jumping all over Taz and Blondy was trying to run the opposite way she was terrified love her. Taz got a few wounds on his chest that I’ve cleaned they don’t look too bad but I’ll be taking him to the vets tomorrow the jack Russell was probably just catching rats and rabbits so I’m not risking Taz catching anything. I still can’t believe it I hate watching animals fight especially when it could of been avoided if the owner didn’t do what he did its just sick.

I am really proud of Taz though he tried to walk away more than once so it was obviouse he was defending not starting it. their all just crashed out on the settee now Blondy wouldn't stop shaking tail tucked under her back side but i've calmed her down now and she's asleep with the others.

Back to top Go down

Why would someone do it? Empty Re: Why would someone do it?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:21

They're complete t*ss bags, that's why they do it. They have b**ls for brains.

Hope your three are all ok once they calm down. Best to get Taz checked out, though cause puncture wounds can sometimes be hard to spot & they can quickly get infected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:25

What a moron!! Surprised So sorry you had to go through it.
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:32

Caryll wrote:They're complete t*ss bags, that's why they do it. They have b**ls for brains.

Hope your three are all ok once they calm down. Best to get Taz checked out, though cause puncture wounds can sometimes be hard to spot & they can quickly get infected.

At the moment Taz is just throwing his bone at me wanting to play but i will definately be taking him to the vets tomorrow. to put their dog at risk this JR was the short legged version from paw to shoulder Taz was twice as tall I just can't believe it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:33

He obviously thought his 'game' JRT was more than a match for a 'softie' staff. His bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:38

I just really hope the JR is alright now though and hope they take him to the vets as well he was a dirty white and i could see the redish stains. I do feel aweful for letting Taz go too tie up Cassie and Blondy but i know Blondy would of got hurt and Cassie would probably try to defend Taz and JR would of ended up worse you'll know how dogs are in pairs or groups they tend to tear not just bite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:38

God how awful! That bloke is a *! Hope you'll all be ok! Hugs & licks, hayley & Logan.
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:41

I think you did right by tying up the other two first - a four way running battle (five with the greyhound) is the last thing you would have wanted!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:53

there is some complete knob heads around, you done the right thing by letting him go to tie up the other two, i strongly believe that if your dog is attacked by dog that is of the lead and your dog is on the lead then you have to let them go so they can defend them selves keeping your dog on the the lead just gives the other freedom to attack. hope yous are ok.
jaykay
jaykay
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:42

Scum!!!!! this is the exact reason I would flat refuse to muzzle a dog in my care ~angry
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:44

gem wrote:Scum!!!!! this is the exact reason I would flat refuse to muzzle a dog in my care ~angry

I would never muzzle and if i had no other choice it would be a quick release one activated by something i am holding which has never been made so until it is i'd never use one in any case.

Last edited by MissRogue on Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:48

MissRogue wrote:I was walking back from my parents tonight took the usual path around the mountain way rather than the road anyways we came across a couple of hunters they had a greyhound and a jack Russell. Fair play this jack Russell was well trained because the owner gave a whistle and the jack Russell was at his side rather than go for Taz because you could see he wanted to. I walked just a few steps further and all of a sudden Taz lunged forward yelping I spun around and seen the JRT had hold of Taz’s back leg, Taz spun around and grabbed hold of JRT and they started fighting I let his lead go and pulled Cassie and Blondy to the side and tied them to a fence post because their on a two clasp lead and Taz on a lead of his own I was more worried about Blondy getting caught init than I was of Taz seriously hurting this JRT I don’t know if that was bad of me or not. So I turned to Taz and JR still scrapping but Taz was clearly getting the upper hand I went for Taz, then eventually the owner responded he run over and he went to kick Taz, but Taz jumped out of the way and he stopped fighting and went to walk towards me but then JR jumped at Taz again and got him in the chest they started fighting again the owner went for Taz again so I pushed him out of the way and grabbed the JR by the scruff on the side of his neck soon as I grabbed hold of the JR Taz stopped and walked back over to Cassie who was going crazy screaming like mad I handed the JR over to his owner and he just threw him to the floor and kicked him to walk forward but to be honest I think he punished his dog for not “winning” because he had complete control over his dog so he must of set his dog onto Taz, I can’t believe it I’m still shaking and it was an hour ago, why would he do that not having control is bad enough but to actually have control and set his dog onto another is just sick the guy the owner was with was just standing there holding onto the greyhound. I grabbed my lot. Cassie was jumping all over Taz and Blondy was trying to run the opposite way she was terrified love her. Taz got a few wounds on his chest that I’ve cleaned they don’t look too bad but I’ll be taking him to the vets tomorrow the jack Russell was probably just catching rats and rabbits so I’m not risking Taz catching anything. I still can’t believe it I hate watching animals fight especially when it could of been avoided if the owner didn’t do what he did its just sick.

I am really proud of Taz though he tried to walk away more than once so it was obviouse he was defending not starting it. their all just crashed out on the settee now Blondy wouldn't stop shaking tail tucked under her back side but i've calmed her down now and she's asleep with the others.

My gosh you poor thing.. I would have been terrified... it is my worst fear.. I dont know how I would react to ne honest with you.
well done for jumping in and stoppign the fight.. i think i would have been with Blondy and been crapping my pants Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 12:45

Well i took Taz this morning to the vets it was sad when i told other customers he got into a fight they gave us the stinking look and backed away but then i said NO he got attacked then of course they all wanted hugs and pets so i told them to ****ing leave him alone i'm getting quite sick of it really judgmental a**es.
Anyway I got Taz in the"room" told the vet he was attacked he took one look at the wounds and said was it a game terrier i said yeah then he pointed out the wounds are really weird and asked if it was a game pup i said no it was definatly an adult, then he said you know how dogs canine are rounded and quite blunt but the JRT couldn't of been he said the point of entry was thin and sharp he gave he a weird kind of look which i didn't like at all as if i stabbed Taz but he moved on to say. he's seeing more wounds like this coming off game terriers. he didn't say anything else on the matter cleaned Taz wounds gave me some cream for one wound because it was quite bad on his thigh area and that was it, So Taz is just fine.
I don't know what he meant about the game terriers i just hope it was something as sick as filing teeth to make them sharper or something like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 12:50

'Game' is another way of describing a fighting dog. Staffs used to be called 'game' if they did well in the ring.

Maybe people are started to file teeth of smaller dogs to make them more effective? angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 12:56

Caryll wrote:'Game' is another way of describing a fighting dog. Staffs used to be called 'game' if they did well in the ring.

Maybe people are started to file teeth of smaller dogs to make them more effective? angry

If its true its one of the sickest things i'v heard of as a cosmetic. It would mean less presure is needed in the bite so a jrt could win against a larger game dog thats ****ing sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04 2011, 12:58

Tell me about it. Absolutely disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum