my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes.

4 posters

Go down

my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes. Empty my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes.

Post by ebennett24 Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:32

This started about 3 days ago, she began to start digging her covers in her bed. She takes the toys everywhere with her, when we take them off her she becomes extremely aggitated and goes in to overdrive. she hasnt had a litter yet, she is 18 months old. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. at wits end

ebennett24
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes. Empty Re: my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes.

Post by Steve Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:33

how long is she getting walked and how many time a day does she get?

does she have her own toys?

is someone teasing her with the toy?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes. Empty Re: my blue staffy coco has started stealing my babys toys and taken them everywhere she goes.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:39

hasnt had a litter yet as in you plan to breed her or you think you will have a litter from her before you spay?

Back to top Go down

Post by ebennett24 Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:41

To be honest we do need to spend more time taking her out, she is probably walked about 4 times a week its hard with a new baby finding the time, yes my children often tease her with the toys. Its almost like she has become obsessed with them, she wont leave them alone, almost like they are her babies.

ebennett24

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by ebennett24 Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:42

Hayley we do plan on letting her have a litter before we have her spayed, she isnt due in heat till about 4 months

ebennett24

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:43

She needs taken out every single day about 3 times for at least 45mins each time. The kids should not tease her with the toys she may get annoyed with them. Try to get her interested in her own toys, get her a kong and fill/freeze it it will keep her focused on it for longer.

Also no offence, but i really don't think you should have a litter just to get one before shes is spayed. there are already so many dogs out there that are homeless so what is your reason for having a litter?

is she completely health tested? is she a good rep of the breed? has she got KC reg?

if you are struggling to cope with walking her 3 times a day how can you garuntee the pups get enough attention? she could have up to 15 puppies, can you really cope with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 17:18

can only reflect Hayley's views and the kids teasing her with toys is not a good thing , could end up in tears and you need to stop them immediately

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Nov 25 2012, 17:42

She sounds like shes displaying the signs of a phantom pregnancy, thus can happen upto 2mths after her season.
The digging, toy stealing etc are all signs.
Some bitches will go thru a fake labor, are her boobies slightly swollen ? (back 4) ?
If she starts producing milk a vet can give her something to dry her up. In the meantime, lots of exercise and distraction.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 18:23

My thoughts exactly. Phantom pregnancy. This is about the time she would have given birth if she had been mated last season.

Can I ask the reason you want her to have a litter? I'm not judging or condemning, just interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Nov 25 2012, 19:06

maybe also boredom she needs more exercise. Staffys will show signs of this in different ways sometimes pulling at the bedding and such. I think your dog needs more walks that 4 times a week. I know babys are demanding but so is your dog try and make time for both
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 22:47

hi from me and the boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down