Had a great walk today back to basics

2 posters

Go down

Had a great walk today back to basics Empty Had a great walk today back to basics

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 13:59

Well been out for 2 hours this morning with the kids and Jenny , put Tommy on a long line as we've had a few problems lately when he was distracted by something else. What a difference to the walk , heavily dog populated this morning and no constant on lead , off lead , just call him back or reel him in . Made a massive difference to the quality of the walk though Jenny struggles with the long line. I don't want to use an extender as you lose that ability to just drop the end and let them drag. Think I will get one for Tilly now too for double walking (no way could I manage 2 dogs on 2 lines alone)
I also noticed more people seem to look with respect as well , because you don't get that picture of mad panic recalling your dog and clipping them on a short lead, you are just a responsible owner with controlled dogs

Back to top Go down

Had a great walk today back to basics Empty Re: Had a great walk today back to basics

Post by mickgill Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:31

I got bought a 50 ft lead Dave , im going to try and get Duke to the beach this week if the weather clears up, it's a great place to train him as it's almost deserted mid week , im giving up the Sunday walks lots of distractions and today a woman was walking her German Shepherd pup off the lead , it bounded over to Duke shackles up then started to show it's teeth , the lame old excuse came into play , i didn't know he was like that he is friendly at home, God help us .
mickgill
mickgill
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Had a great walk today back to basics Empty Re: Had a great walk today back to basics

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:55

Unfortunately for me it was Tommy who was the overfriendly one but no aggression just bouncy pup on the loose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Nov 25 2012, 15:39

Long lines are great, we occasionally use a 30ft line if there are a bunch of dogs around.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 18:50

Sounds great Smile Loki's recall is generally non-existent now, so I'll have to get round to the long line. Course, I won't be dropping it and letting him run along free with it Laughing sounds like a lot less hassle though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 00:29

We are also big fans of the long line

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down