7 Months of Joy :)

5 posters

Go down

7 Months of Joy :) Empty 7 Months of Joy :)

Post by EmLou28 Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:41

Well we have had Maggie- May for nearly 7 months now and its been the best 7 months ever Smile She has settled in so well and is an absolute joy to have in our lives. We have got into a good routine with her which I think has helped and we have worked on her training, not that she needed an awful lot of work Smile She was never possesive of anything other then her ball which my oh trained out of her after a little nip to his arm when she got over excited. As soon as you bought her ball out at the park she would bark and bark until it was thrown and then wouldn't give it back, my oh was holding the ball to throw it and she jumped up to get at it and misjudge it and nipped his arm by accident. Luckily he was wearing a thick coat so didn't do any damage and Maggie knew she had done wrong cos she instantly sat down and hung her head as if to say sorry Smile So oh decided to sort it out and now she brings the ball back drops it, moves away from it, sits and waits for it to be thrown again. She picked it up really quickly which was brilliant.
We are also having to work on her toilet training which is going well, we still have little accidents but they are few and far between. When we first had her she would always wee in the dining room in secret but that hardly ever happens now which is brilliant.
Since having her we have gone from her not being allowed on the sofa to curling up next to one of us, she has a basket which she hardly ever uses. And to having a crate for her to sleep in at night (never shut the door tho) to sleeping on our bed. Not really sure how that one came about Laughing She use to go lay with the oh on Sat morning when I had to go to work then one night she went up with him while I was locking up the house, I moved her back down stairs, then it happened the next night and she looked so cute I didnt have the heart to kick her out and thats where shes been ever since, I'm such a sucker for those eyes Smile
She's also getting on a millions times better with our cat Jake after the first month of her thinking he was a toy and him thinking "what the hell is this in my house" Laughing Now I'm not saying they are the best of friends but they get along, if anything Jake will beat Maggie up before Maggie will ever do any damage to Jake, it's like having to kids in the house when they have their little fights. Saying that though Maggie is very protective of Jake, he is always fighting with the neighbours cat and if she hears it she is straight to the door to see whats going on and will chase the black cat off while Jake legs it into the house to get away from it, then Maggie runs in and checks Jake is ok, it's soo sweet Smile We have even got to the point where they will share the sofa and have even both curled up on the bed together (not so good when your sharing the bed with a 6ft 2 bloke, a dog and a cat some how I always end up with the corner of the bed confused ) which is awesome.
She's also won my family over, my parents were never anti staff but was a little cautious of the breed but after meeting Maggie they fell in love with her just like we did. My dad took a little more time purely because Maggie is a very cuddely constantly want to kiss you kinda dog which my dad isn't use to (they have a grumpy old lady of a lab who isn't allowed on the furniture and is happy to be left alone to sleep, its her age bless her Smile) but now you can't keep them apart. I actually caught her laying on him having a cuddle at their house and she isn't usually allowed on their sofa Smile And when we all go out for a walk with their dog somehow I never end up walking her, my dad nicks her and off he goes. My mum loved her from day 1 and spoils her rotton with treats. She has also started telling people that Maggie is as close to a grandchild as shes going to get, I agreed with her Laughing I would rather have a dog then a baby, even though it feels like I have a couple of kids in the house when Maggie and Jake get together Smile
Anyway thats the last 7 months of our life with Maggie- May Smile Sorry its such a long post but a lot of stuff has happened in that time and thought it would be nice to let you all know how she's getting on Smile Well Maggie has since taken herself off to bed so suppose I had better follow Smile When I get the chance I'll put some more pics up of her so you can all see how she's doing Big Grin
EmLou28
EmLou28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

7 Months of Joy :) Empty Re: 7 Months of Joy :)

Post by janey Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:51

Thats a very nice update. They certainly do get under your skin.

I swear they become a way of life Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulabrown123 Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:54

ahhh maggie is goegous! lovely read, having her in ur life will b some of ur best years ever..... enjoy!! xx
Paulabrown123
Paulabrown123
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 6 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Thu Nov 22 2012, 00:57

Thank you Smile They really do I couldn't imagine my life without Maggie now she is such a big part of it and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am a sucker for her eyes tho and I swear she knows it Laughing My oh is def the master as he will tell her off and take no messing about where as me, I tell her off and she gives me that look and I'm like come here baby its ok Laughing
Hands down best thing I have ever done, rescuing Maggie, so pleased my constant nagging finally wore the oh down and he agreed to us getting a dog Big Grin
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 22 2012, 01:00

They are the best! Love Struck
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 02:23

great update

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 22 2012, 09:42

Wonderful update, so glad you are enjoying her it's fantastic isn't it! She's a beautiful girl Love Struck
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 22 2012, 10:39

That was a joy to read how well maggie is getting on with you all. Great update thanks for that, you have brightened my day >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Fri Nov 23 2012, 00:02

Aww thank you Kathy that comment has put a smile on my face pleased I was able to brighten your day Smile Iv put some pics of her in the gallery so you can all see what shes been upto Smile Hope you like them Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down