Need to have my say

3 posters

Go down

Need to have my say Empty Need to have my say

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 21:59

Hi guy's, i've been to work, so was unable to comment on the Is this a staffy x post. When i said about the standard, i didnt mean it doesnt matter, Yes, staffy's are to be bread to standard, but it doesnt allways work that way. All Kennys litter mates are 16 inchs, apart from Kenny. So sometimes a big one comes along, it doesnt make him less a staffy. I not always the best putting things in the right way Smile

Back to top Go down

Need to have my say Empty Re: Need to have my say

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:01

No problem, Kelly, the thread was getting out of hand anyway! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:07

I was just reading, shame Caryll, it could of been a good debate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:07

Kenny is a gorgeous staffy, so hes not quite standard, neither is my girl, dosent make them less staffy.
But there are a number of staffys that are clearly mis-sold as pure staffs, or clearly cross bred-staffs.

You're only 100% sure of a dogs parentage if u know 100%where they came from, pedigree etc.

Lot of misguided ppl around unfortunately. Dosent make their dog less worthy than anyone else's, just telling it like it is.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:09

kenny d wrote:I was just reading, shame Caryll, it could of been a good debate Smile

Maybe - my daughter was just getting warmed up! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:12

Jackieb wrote:Kenny is a gorgeous staffy, so hes not quite standard, neither is my girl, dosent make them less staffy.
But there are a number of staffys that are clearly mis-sold as pure staffs, or clearly cross bred-staffs.

You're only 100% sure of a dogs parentage if u know 100%where they came from, pedigree etc.

Lot of misguided ppl around unfortunately. Dosent make their dog less worthy than anyone else's, just telling it like it is.

Exactly Harv isn't exactly to standard either!

Some people are just a little but pathetic Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 07:40

Jackieb wrote:Kenny is a gorgeous staffy, so hes not quite standard, neither is my girl, dosent make them less staffy.

I agree hun, im lucky, i know all of Kennys parentage, Big is beautifull Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 07:42

The funny thing is, Kenny, being 18inch's isnt standard, yet he's been placed in all of his shows. These judge's / KC need to make their minds up Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 08:36

kenny d wrote:The funny thing is, Kenny, being 18inch's isnt standard, yet he's been placed in all of his shows. These judge's / KC need to make their minds up Laughing

I think most judges look for 'type' first & then maybe size. A tall but well proportioned dog will always have his height overlooked (within reason).

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Tue Nov 20 2012, 09:47

Caryll wrote:
kenny d wrote:The funny thing is, Kenny, being 18inch's isnt standard, yet he's been placed in all of his shows. These judge's / KC need to make their minds up Laughing

I think most judges look for 'type' first & then maybe size. A tall but well proportioned dog will always have his height overlooked (within reason).

Does that mean he will always be head and shoulders above any competition? rolling on the floor
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveb Tue Nov 20 2012, 10:00

Caryll wrote:

Second that - balance is the most important factor IMHO.

Although, balance is in the eye of the beholder and there is and always has been three groups of people when it come to Staffies - more terrier types, more bully types and of course an even blend. But as long as balance is presence they will all be visably Staffies.

The funny thing is when these threads get out of hand - it shows that we are still as passionate about Staffies as old timers of Cradley Heath, Warlaston and Walsall who had the same argument 100 years ago Smile And that can only be a good thing.

Steveb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 11:00

Cairo isn't standard sized either.Shes quite tall and easily 18 inches in height.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum