mickgill
kelpie
janey
stella
Kathy
PygmyParrot
10 posters

Go down

He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector Empty He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:07

Took Loki out for a walk like an hour ago, and on the way home I noticed a light on the other side of the road and saw some guy climbing over one of the fence's with a torch. Loki's hackles went up and he started barking. Not squeaky barking, but his proper grown-up bark. I decided not to be some kind of hero because quite frankly I'm a wimp, so I walked on and for the rest of the walk home until we got to our drive, he was constantly looking back behind us. Told my parents and they've gone to knock on the house, but they were climbing out, so if it was anything dodgy, they've already left. Still, I wouldn't have expected Loki to react like that. I was under the impression Staffs were too people-friendly to make good guard dogs, but at the same time, I guess any breed of dog will alert you to something they thing is wrong. Or maybe it's the Presa Canario in him. Good to know though, I feel a lot safer with him walking when it's dark now Smile

Back to top Go down

He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector Empty Re: He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:22

Clever boy Loki applause
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector Empty Re: He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 08 2012, 18:56

Well done Loki, I think you are quite right, any dog will protect his owner. Glad you feel safer walking at night now.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:00

funny how they can sense when some thing is wrong,good boy loki thumbs up
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:02

Moo will bark at odd behavior, not often but when she does I'm always quite impressed at her bark! Was everything ok at the house?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:13

Hope everything is ok at the house and well done Loki!...Hopefully his noise put them off? Rolo whines more than anything... but when he does bark its fairly intimidating... although its mainly at the cat walking along the wall at the bottom of the garden... he's really not very brave at all Smile
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
He's Growing Up and Becoming a Protector Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:20

well done Loki Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Nov 08 2012, 19:23

Well done loki Mummy now has her own security guard Smile
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Nov 08 2012, 21:03

Marley has coverd my back once when i stupidly broke up a fight one friday night. I wouldnt usualy bother but a guy was spark out on floor having his head kicked so i just couldnt pass at that. Not sure if it was confusion but the mates of the guy on the floor approached me from behind and marley let them know not to come any further as i was facing the attackers. Thing is marley was behind me as i pushed and held him there as i didnt want him hurt by the drunken idiots so he saved me a smack on the back of the head that night. Great thing was the police turned up and they loved him fussing him up as the daft git rolled on his back for them. As bad a guard dog as they are with property im sure they will protect there loved ones if needed.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 21:32

Both the boys guard me especially compared to the OH.

Chance most definitely is a guard dog, have had a group of drunk lads try it on when i was out walking the boys which they didn't take kindly to, Chance particually will have hackles up, stand tall and bare his teeth, with Harvey having his back Wink

Let's just say i don't fear walking alone at night on my own with them

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Nov 08 2012, 22:01

Its def a situation thing, they must sence when something is wrong. Marley greets pretty much everyone like a long lost friend and when it gets a bit to heavy in the park he will run off and pretend hes found a nice sniff in a bush or tree. Last thing i ever expected him to do was show his metal which is why i was sheilding him as i thought he was a soft git and didnt want him hurt. Constantly suprised
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Nov 08 2012, 22:15

I don't worry about much when I'm walking Biscuit in the dark.. although I did have some crazy girl come up and start groping me one night when I lived in what you may call the rough end of Bristol.. Bis thought she was lovely Rolling Eyes But other than that slight misjudgment of character she's pretty on the ball with the "touch her and you're dead" face.

She seems to think it's her job to help everyone though, this little kid was crying on his own across the road the other evening and Bis just lost the plot, I've literally never heard her make noises like those trying to get over to him. If women scream or anything cries on TV as well she'll just sit there whining Sad and don't even get me started on playfighting.. if me and my housemate are messing around she'll just casually stroll over and stare at him until he goes away... not moving an inch. Dread to think what her old home was like worried
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicon Thu Nov 08 2012, 23:46

They are so highly protective and loyal, no matter how soft in reality.
If me and my wfe ever got near each other, affectionately or trying to strangle one another, Max would growl and talk and place himself between us, we would look at him and give him the V sign and he would run off and return with a ball or bone and toss it in his mouth whilst chuntering away as if to say "one false move and I'm gonna do this to your leg", very funny!!

I think they do sense bad people too. We were once at an antiques fair in Stafford and Max aged abot 2 was lapping up the attentions of the passing punters, about 1500 of them over the weekend, and suddenly he just stood up tall with a fixed glare at this guy who was about 30 ft away and started shouting at him, the guy froze and then turned and walked away, if he had taken a step closer, I reckon Max would have had him. Probably a dog beater or paedo or something?! I think he was one of about 3 encounters over the 10 years, strange.

Dicon
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan330 Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:48

Dicon wrote: Probably a dog beater or paedo or something?!

rolling on the floor Obviously!!!
Dan330
Dan330
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Monty
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 09:51

Awww Loki Love Struck Your little protector..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down