Help please

Go down

Help please Empty Help please

Post by pongy Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:01

Cassie went to the vets 2 days after we got her,the vet couldn't tell if she had been spayed or not ,well i have just noticed a bloody discharge and a swollen vulvar,and i must admit she has been a bit off this week (pmt? permanent menstral tension) so i guess she hasn't been done.when will she start attracting attention from dogs? can i take her to be spayed tomorrow or do i have to wait? and if so how long? and finally can i still walk her or will it become a mission to stop the boys from harrassing us?sorry for all the questions but there's enough pups around and i dont want any
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Help please Empty Re: Help please

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:04

Firstly thanks for the super responsible post and comments , just wish a few more people would think the same.
No reason for you to stop walking her , just make sure there is nothing else around if she is off lead. Maybe invest in an extender and keep her where you can see her . You would normally have to wait in between seasons to get her done so on average about 3 months after her season

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:07

I dont want to s Oh, poor you! It certainly sounds like she's in season. Very few vets will spay while they're in season - they prefer to wait for mid season, so in about 3 months time. Sad

Generally speaking, dogs will be interested in her from the start, but she won't be interested in them until she gets to about day 10 or so, and will remain interested for up to a week.

I used to lead walk at quieter times for the first 10-12 days, then house arrest for the last 10 days or so.

Just keep a very strict eye on her, especially in the last half of her season! Big Grin

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:08

Dave wrote:No reason for you to stop walking her , just make sure there is nothing else around if she is off lead. Maybe invest in an extender and keep her where you can see her .

I wouldn't let her off lead at all during the next 3 weeks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:13

sorry I'm just going off some of the places I have access to and the fact that Tilly doesn't go haring off out of site , better safe than sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:21

The bitches I had wouldn't go running off, but if they're off lead & an intact male suddenly appears there's nothing you can do! nail biting

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:23

We rarely let her off lead anyway because we are unsure of call back at the moment,she is sulking though because she hasn't been for her weekend long walk,i will take her only on her early morning walk and her late walk for a while
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 16:29

It's a pain, but at least you'll only have to go through it once!

I'd book her in at the vets for 3 months time!

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sun Oct 28 2012, 18:05

Caryll wrote:It's a pain, but at least you'll only have to go through it once!

I'd book her in at the vets for 3 months time!

Thanks to you and Dave for the advice,i will book the vets tomorrow ,it may be difficult for a few weeks but better than the alternative of dogs getting at her.I must admit i am a bit angry that the people we got her off couldn't be a**ed about her enough to at least let us know she needed doing,Cassie deserves better glad she's here and she is worth every penny
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down