So refreshing...

2 posters

Go down

So refreshing... Empty So refreshing...

Post by Ticklymac Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:09

Had diesel down the dog park again today, just strolling along when i spotted a guy with an american bulldog on a slightly long lead coming towards us pull his dog in, so i shouted diesel to come back to put her back on til we passed and as he was getting nearer the guy shouted up "is ur dog alright?" i replied "yeh shes fine" , "ah right its a bitch thats ok....he's just a bit funny with boys" and he loosen his grip a wee bit so let diesel proceed to slowly approach and greet the ABD. They had a wee sniff and she went into play mode and the ABD responded well by trying to play. The guy then stood and had a nice civilised conversation with me Surprised about his dog and other general dog/owner stuff, how it was a rescue that had been attacked in the past so can be funny with male dogs, and how its a shame coz he was such a playful dog but he couldnt let him off etc. It was so sad to see coz his dog was just itching to get off and chase Diesel about better than what he could on the long lead Sad he was the most stunning friendly thing, just looked like such a softy
But it was just so refreshing to meet some1 in my local park who actually 1. knew how to handle his dog and 2. had the common sense to communicate with me, instead of turning the other way or picking his dog up! The whole time we were standing gabbing he was still constantly aware of his dogs behaviour with mine, who else was in the park and if any other dogs were coming near etc and when another dog did come along pulled his back in in plently of time and seemed to have complete control over him, and he could tell the difference between all the different growls or moans the dog was making, not just assuming that a growl means "im gonna attack in a second"

This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else but honestly the people in that park are a nightmare and it was just reassuring to know there are still some decent dog owners in my area! Diesel is the happiest more hyper sookest dog ever, she doesnt overly approach other dogs she tends to wait for them to come to her and if she does approach she does it very slowly and usually ends up sitting or lying down before she actually reaches them......which to me doesnt look like the actions of a crazed vicious beast!
Not to worry though, the canal path is open again so now i can just cut straight through the park to the canal and not spend too long there angering myself lol

Rant over! Laughing
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

So refreshing... Empty Re: So refreshing...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:15

That is refreshing! What a nice bloke. Did he have a band on lol Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:17

haha i never actually noticed bit old..
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 21:11

Older and wiser where it matters!

>Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 00:06

Nice Smile it's good when you meet someone who's like that, makes a change from everyone else Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 27 2012, 13:03

Wow, that does make a change. I think we have a duty to know about our dogs behaviour around other dogs and people. Finding someone with some common sense these days is very rare, unfortunately, apart from here of course.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down