Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help?

3 posters

Go down

Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help? Empty Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help?

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 16:21

Not sure whether or not this is the right place to post as I'm new here but I'm wondering if there is anybody who lives on the Wirral who could help me with something? Smile Thanks in advance.

Naysa
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help? Empty Re: Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help?

Post by janey Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:11

What do you need to know? Maybe someone else can help Smile

You can always pop over and say hi

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help? Empty Re: Anybody from Wirral who could possibly help?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:17

Really depends what you want from us! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:20

Help with rehoming a young staffy bitch, on behalf of a friend of a friend, so I only have limited info about her :/

Naysa

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:39

I'd personally go through a breed specific rescue, they will be able to vet her and any potential new owners

Back to top Go down

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:41

I've been to a non-breed specific rescue and they said they'd do the same thing. I just don't want her being advertised as she has not been neutered and is free to a good home...

Naysa

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Oct 25 2012, 17:52

You really need to get her into a rescue centre if possible. Free to a good home will end up goodness knows where.

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t10833-rescue-centres-list

Please, please check the list above for a rescue centre near you, she will end up in the wrong hands.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:11

PLEASE take note of what Kathy says - an un neutered bitch will end up in the wrong hands.

Can you ask the owners of the bitch to join here & ask advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 19:34

As Caryll and Kathy says a rescue , and it doesn't really have to be breed specific , though it would be preferable, is the only option .
What you have to understand is we are a Forum and we never meet each other so don't really know each other personally hence it would be dangerous to look anywhere other than an official rescue for homing. The rescue would also take care of the neutering

Back to top Go down

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:52

I'm well aware of what will happen which is why I'm asking for contacts of people who are knowledgeable of the breed in the area, that way she will be rehomed through word of mouth. I have already contacted local rescues and do not intend on advertising her.

Naysa

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:55

Naysa wrote:I'm well aware of what will happen which is why I'm asking for contacts of people who are knowledgeable of the breed in the area, that way she will be rehomed through word of mouth. I have already contacted local rescues and do not intend on advertising her.

We're not criticising you or the owner, just want to make sure she doesn't get into the wrong hands. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:57

I know, I just know what will happen if that happens. I live in an area where they are seen as status symbols and often mixed with mastiffs to make them bigger. That is not what I want to happen.

Naysa

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:58

So it's not clear from one of your top posts have all the rescues declined to accept her ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 20:59

These might be able to help...
Cheshire

Cheshire Dogs' Home
225 Knutsford Road, Grappenhall, Warrington WA4 3JZ
Tel: 0844 504 1212
www.dogshome.net

Phoenix Dog Rescue
c/o Rose Tree Farm Boarding Kennels,
Widnes Road, Cuerdley, Warrington, WA5 2UR
Tel: 07929 251244
www.phoenixdogrescue.co.uk

RSPCA Altrincham Cheshire Branch
Tel: 0161-286-2503
Email: rspca.altrincham.cheshire@googlemail.com
www.rspca-altrincham-cheshire.org.uk

RSPCA Macclesfield, S.E. Cheshire & Buxton Branch
Tel: 01625 669620
Email: enquiries@rspca-macclesfield.org.uk
www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk

RSPCA Wirral Animal Centre
Cross Lane, Wallasey, CH45 8RH.
Tel: 0151 638 6318
www.rspcawirral.org.uk

RSPCA Stockport, East Cheshire & West Derbyshire Branch
Tel: 07854 382106
www.rspca-stockport.org

Tameside Animal Shelter
Raglan Street, Hyde, SK14 2DX
Tel: 0161 368 3511
www.tamesideanimalshelter.co.uk

Windyway Trust
Windyway Head Farm, Buxton Old Road, Macclesfield, SK11 0AP
Tel: 01625 422246 Email: info@windyway.org
www.windyway.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Naysa Thu Oct 25 2012, 21:01

No, she hasn't been offered to a rescue as far as I know, it's through a friend of a friend, but I have contacted a local rescue about how to go about finding her a home but not if they will take her as it seems like an awful idea that I'd like to avoid. The rescue said that I should post her picture on their facebook page and they will arrange homechecks for her.

Naysa

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 21:08

The rescues will not always take the dogs in but will often support you in finding a home for her whilst still in your care . If your friend need to rehome her and can't hang on to her then yes its very unfortunate but still the best move to take her there at least she will be handled responsibly but if there is room to stay at home and get her rehomed through the rescue then this is the best solution.
As a responsible forum then we don't support private rehoming due to the risks and dangers you are already aware of so all we can do is offer you advice and point you in the direction of the rescue contacts as Caryll and Katrhy have posted above

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 21:11

Sorry but the other thing is you don't mention why your friend wants to rehome the dog, perhaps there are other solutions , advice that can be given before things get that far ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25 2012, 21:13

Naysa wrote:I have contacted a local rescue about how to go about finding her a home but not if they will take her as it seems like an awful idea that I'd like to avoid.

To be honest, it's a far better way to do it than private rehoming. Unless you know the people she will be going to very well, you'll never be sure that she's going to be treated properly, and so many staffs end up as bait dogs (for fighting rings - horrific) or breeding machines for profit.

Naysa wrote:The rescue said that I should post her picture on their facebook page and they will arrange homechecks for her.

I really think that's the best way forward. The rescue centre will home check the new owners & will help with the rehoming. They'll also be there if the new owners get any problems that they need help with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down