Arden Grange changed...

3 posters

Go down

Surprised Arden Grange changed...

Post by BoscoBlue Thu Sep 13 2012, 16:10

I am currently in the process of introducing Bosco on to Arden Grange Puppy/Junior. I was having a look around the internet just reading some forums about AG and I came across a thread (on champdogs) about changes recently made to some of their stuff, has anyone feeding AG noticed any differences in their dogs?

http://www.champdogsforum.co.uk/board/topic/137768.html

After inspecting the ingredients on the bag (which i should of done before purchasing, i know!), i realize it has wholegrain maize and beet pulp listed as ingredients. How bad are these ingredients? I've heard corn maize can cause allergies and with Bosco being blue I don't want to give him anything that will make him more prone to allergies/skin problems.

Am i thinking too much into this or should i think about stopping AG and trying another food?

Thanks
BoscoBlue
BoscoBlue
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Bosco aka Boss
Dog(s) Ages : D.O.B 26/06/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Surprised Re: Arden Grange changed...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 16:32

I feed raw, so I'm no expert on dry food, but I think Arden Grange is one of the better foods.

I'm sure somebody else will come along soon and comment!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 13 2012, 17:14

AG is recommended but I haven't a clue if they have changed the ingredients, I feed fish4dogs myself Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 13 2012, 19:17

It is frustrating when ingedients get changed around in products and foods, these are both natural ingedients though, so shouldn't be too harmful.

I feed Rocky Barking Heads and that doesn't contain either of these items you mentioned. If at all concerend mention it to your vet when you next go in to find out if it will have an effect on Bosco. If you dont want to wait until then, try dropping your veterinary surgery an email explaining your concern about it and ask for further advice.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by BoscoBlue Thu Sep 13 2012, 20:02

Thanks everyone, i've been looking at Barking Heads and Fish4Dogs and they both seem better. I'm gonna have a think about it as i don't really want to waste the AG that's left but at the same time i want him to have the best we can afford.
BoscoBlue
BoscoBlue

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Bosco aka Boss
Dog(s) Ages : D.O.B 26/06/12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 20:23

But you need to change it over gradually anyway , just make it more gradual, we've got Fish4dogs for Tilly and she is on it 100% now , Tommy still has a fair bit of Wainwrights puppy left so we mixing that a little and think it will take him to 6 months and then (as far as I think) we can make the transition to Fish4dogs adult for him so they are both on the same food and we don't get mixed up.

Or am I wrong ???

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 13 2012, 20:36

I'd personally stick them on the same thing Dave, Tommys been on it for a while now and it makes little difference in pupppy/dog food
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13 2012, 20:54

janey wrote:

I'd personally stick them on the same thing Dave, Tommys been on it for a while now and it makes little difference in pupppy/dog food

I know we've been down this route before and apparently there are a few differences with proteins etc , when I asked the question with Fish4dogs after explaining my concerns they advised me to feed Tommy puppy stuff and Tilly adult but that was a couple of months ago and sure I've read a few posts on here that 6 months would be minimum to change over .

I have no concerns about Tommy at all as his development is coming along fine and he steals Tilly's food on a regular basis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down