Hmmm

Go down

Hmmm Empty Hmmm

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 14:56

So, there is a chicken forum. Now, like this forum it is all about the correct care and love of your chickens. But they also have a section dedicated on how to kill, slice up and cook your chicken.

Is that not a little insensitive? Would that not be like having a thread on here on how to fight or something? Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Hmmm Empty Re: Hmmm

Post by Kathy Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:02

I agree it is a little insensitive, surely that is something else entirely. I would have thought there would be a seperate forum for the later. A little mixed up that yes.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:04

Yeah, a different forum for that would be needed entirely! Anyway, in most places you're not allowed to kill your own animals but they don't make that clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:06

Ermmm Hayley could you not have a word in their shell like (ear) .
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:28

your allowed to kill your own poultry if you do a short course from the humain sloughter assiosiation.
i think its a differant kettle of fish to a dog forum as there will always be members that keep chickens for food on there forum (not every one see chicks as pets)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:31

also i know a few people that care for and eat there own chickens but looking at the law may be doing illegaly as you need a minumum .5 acher of land????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 16:27

Yeah as you say you can only do it under certain situations, not all people do that though, so i thought it was a little irresponsible having a chicken care sight that shows how to kill and gut a chicken. i know certain folk that would find infomation like that and use it totally wrongly and outside of the law. if someone keeps chickens for food thats fine, but i just felt it a little insensitive to have that on a forum that is 90% pet chickens!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:15

I'd imagine it's for people whose chickens are for food and not pets. Good care is important for chickens that are for eating too, of course. I don't think it's insensitive, I'm sure the pet chicken-owners are more than aware of the chickens killed and eaten too. Whereas dog-fighting is illegal and pointless, so not the same as a fighting section on here.

That reminds me though, we got Loki as a birthday "present" for me, but because my dad was so against getting a dog, he was first suggesting a duck Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:18

I agree with Tara, I think it is fo the people who kep chickens for food, and in that context, I guess it's not insensitive. There should probably be a warning though to say that people who keep chickens as pets will find the content distressing or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down