Our old boy Dusty

3 posters

Go down

Our old boy Dusty  Empty Our old boy Dusty

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22 2012, 21:40

The mrs went with her mate out one night and came back with this one after I'd told her I overheard a conversation in the pub with a bloke looking for a home for his daughter's BC cross. I told her at 8 , she went out and didnt come in until 3 and told me we had a dog to pick up in the morning !! Never asked about the gap in the middle.

So this is Dusty , got him at around 6 yrs and was PTS when he lost control at about 13 yrs big hole in our life but for over a year my OH wouldn't entertain another dog and when she eventually caved in she said no more Dustys so we went for Staff
This was around 2003 , Jenny would be about 3 1/2
Our old boy Dusty  Jennydusty
Our old boy Dusty  Jennyhg

And then again in 2007 on a camping trip
Our old boy Dusty  DSC00289
Our old boy Dusty  DSC00293

Back to top Go down

Our old boy Dusty  Empty Re: Our old boy Dusty

Post by janey Wed Aug 22 2012, 22:24

Fond memories of a lovely Dusty Smile Running free till you meet again xXX
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 07:56

Just been trying to sort out all my pics and found loads of photos of the old boy , he was a great dog but slightly mad. We think he had been locked in a lot as he used to go round and round in circles all of the time. If we were all asleep and someone made the dslightest noise he would be off barking the house down, and he went mental every time he heard the corrie or eastenders music so we assumed either that was his walk time or he just thought it was a load of rubbish.
He was well and truly my OH dog though and thats why it took her so long to come round she was like a lost soul for over a year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:34

Ahhh Dusty what a handsome lad, they really do leave a huge gap dont they.

When I lost my dog Judy I was 24 and didn't get Rocky until 18 months ago that was a space of 14 1/2 years. Too many years really, once you've had a dog it's very hard to live without one.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:47

Love collies, i would like to get one at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 14:08

My bestest childhood friend was our old Border Collie Roy 16 years from me being 4 to 20 , he left a massive hole as we grew up together and went everywhere together apart from school and work Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Aug 23 2012, 14:43

What a lovely looking boy. You dont forget, but remember the wondeful times Smile
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:36

Dave wrote:My bestest childhood friend was our old Border Collie Roy 16 years from me being 4 to 20 , he left a massive hole as we grew up together and went everywhere together apart from school and work Crying or Very sad

I was like that with my lab, she was a few months old when i was born and we were each others shadows, when i was in a mood i would go into her kennel and we would go to sleep lol when i "ran away" she came with me. She always met me off the school bus at the top of the road and when we left the house in the car she would run to the end of the road and then wait there until we got back and chase the car home again. Brilliant dog, one in a million. We were so lucky that the next dog we got (a lab x collie) was identicle to her in personality. I would love another one but Lexi would never allow it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:57

Hayley wrote:
Dave wrote:My bestest childhood friend was our old Border Collie Roy 16 years from me being 4 to 20 , he left a massive hole as we grew up together and went everywhere together apart from school and work Crying or Very sad

I was like that with my lab, she was a few months old when i was born and we were each others shadows, when i was in a mood i would go into her kennel and we would go to sleep lol when i "ran away" she came with me. She always met me off the school bus at the top of the road and when we left the house in the car she would run to the end of the road and then wait there until we got back and chase the car home again. Brilliant dog, one in a million. We were so lucky that the next dog we got (a lab x collie) was identicle to her in personality. I would love another one but Lexi would never allow it lol

day dreaming day dreaming day dreaming I remember when I was 16 years old I worked part time at morrisons whilst I was at college and Roy used to wander down to the train station with me so I had someone to talk to whilst i was waiting and then I would just send him on his way home soon as the train turned up. Attacked 2 times in his life, once when my mate ran off down the street with my big Tonka truck when he thought he was nicking it so he gave my mate a nip and the other time when a big lad up the road that was a fair bit older than me had a go at me, the lad never did it again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 19:33

Oh dave what georgeous pics of such a beautiful dog, the ones with your daughter are so lovely. xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23 2012, 19:36

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:Oh dave what georgeous pics of such a beautiful dog, the ones with your daughter are so lovely. xx

He was her protector , she used to have one of them high sleepers with a couch thing on the bottom that pulled out in to a double bed for guest and thats where he always slept , if she coughed in the night he would get up and go mental Smile
I'm still looking for my pictures om my old boy Roy that I grew up with but I can't find them at the moment Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down