hot weather

4 posters

Go down

hot weather Empty hot weather

Post by Staffy lover Mon Aug 20 2012, 15:19

Pixee suffers in the hot weather. I have to take her for short walks and always have a drinking bottle for her on those walks. Its just this week, I have noticed her ears seem to be hot/warm/cold. Never noticed hot ears before. She does feel hot all over. But she has been eating ok, both breakfast and tea. I noticed on saturday she didnt seem to have much engery on her walk home, in fact she was happy to get home, it was hot. Yesterday the hot ears happened again, but she was eating fine. Today, whilst she did come for a walk, she was happy to get back, but not touching her breakfast, and has in fact been sick just the once so far. She does seem alert when I talk to her, will let me fuss her. But just wants to sleep more than normal. Anyones other staffies done this in this hot weather, and let me know about the hot ears thing please.

Edited to say, all this happen after her worming tablet too. It was the same make, but a different kind, e.g. last two were like chewy ones, this one was in fact like a tablet.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

hot weather Empty Re: hot weather

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20 2012, 16:12

If you have any doubt at all then you should take her back to the vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Aug 20 2012, 16:19

I live in Kent and it's been superhot and humid here, I haven't taken the dogs out since Thursday.
Diesel really suffers in the heat, she's been sick twice and she too gets hot ears.

They are both low energy in this heat, only wanting to rest and lay down.

I've been keeping my lot cool with fans, ice cubes to chew and ice in their water bowls.

Thankfully it's gonna cool down a bit this week then we can get bk to normal !
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20 2012, 17:29

maybe it is the heat , I know Tommy has been sick 3 times today , but we weren't sure if he had picked something up and neither of them were too fussed on eating ... and our fish4dogs arrived today and I was lookign forward to seeing them eat it all up Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Aug 20 2012, 17:52

Thank you all. I reckon its the heat too. Will keep an eye on her for time being. See if she eats later. And yes my fishfordogs arrived today too, will try that when shes back to herself. And yes if I am in doubt it will be a visit to vets, but I really dont think shes ill. Nice to know I am not the only one re the hot ears. Funny enough, as its cooling down, she is living up. I have had the fan on all day for her too. Smile
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20 2012, 20:04

We seem to be getting odd really hot days here followed by about 3 of rain Rolling Eyes but yesterday was really hot and Chance can't cope in the heat so was sick a few times through out the day. I do tend to wet him with cool water throughout the day as well on his ear, belly and inner thighs in particular.

I also give them ice cubes and given them their food still frozen to try and cool Chance down. I also walk them at about 2 in the morning when it's cooler to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20 2012, 21:10

Tommy's now been sick for the fourth time today so we are starving him until the morning just to be sure Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozlil Mon Aug 20 2012, 21:19

Patch has been really low on energy during this heat, his ears have been really hot too! We have been wetting him down and giving him frozen carrots! He seemed better today, plus it was cooler!! He hasn't been sick though, just not eaten as much!
Lozlil
Lozlil
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Patch
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Aug 20 2012, 23:26

Mine get the runs a bit in the heat and are lower energy. I walk early AM and after dark but keep an eye on their heat levels. Heat can really affect the pooches. Hope Pixee and Tommy feel better quickly...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Aug 21 2012, 08:14

Pleased to say Pixee eat some of her tea. Didnt take her out for her 2 last walkies as it was still hot. And didnt bring it back up. Shes still sleeping at the moment, which fair to say is normal for her. Fingers crossed Tommy gets better soon.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21 2012, 16:47

Cairo has suffered with the heat quite badly lately.Her ears go red and warm also.I have had the fan blowing across the floor for her so she could lie in the cool breeze which has helped her alot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down