My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs

Go down

My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs Empty My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs

Post by boater Wed Aug 15 2012, 14:31

Hello Everyone!

I have one problem with my Alfie, he is unbelievabley insecure - he shows a lot of agression towards other dogs - we have tried a muzzle and it took him all of two seconds to get it off. We are lucky enough to live on a canal boat alongside a nature reserve so there is plenty of room for them to run free. But unfortunatley we have to keep him on the lead. Chloe is a diamond and very sociable, we don't have to worry so much with her, but this makes me feel awful to him as he can't be let off all the time. Because of thias she misses out as I can't always let her run around with other dogs so much as he can be very miserable if they approach him. He has never gotten into an actual fight as we watch him like a hawk.

I want them both to have the best life but this problem is really holding back on life for chloe too as we don't separate them as he freaks out and so when we go to a friends who might have dogs we can't take them cos of the little man!

Any suggestions? I heard something about a staffie proof muzzle but can't find any info - can anyone advise of any ideas at all?
boater
boater
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : four and half and five
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs Empty Re: My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15 2012, 22:09

Are you sure that it's aggression and not an attempt to play?

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/dogbodylanguage.html

A long lead could be usefull. It will let him run about but allow you to regain control quickly if you need to.

Back to top Go down

My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs Empty Re: My five year old Alfie agressive towards other dogs

Post by boater Thu Aug 16 2012, 01:18

Hello

That was a good read thank you. It's confirmed it's definately aggression, I might try a longer lead, along with his harness it sounds like the best solution,
Thank you.
boater
boater

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : four and half and five
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down