Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo

Go down

Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo Empty Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 01:14

I thought she had a good shot to medal but that just made my day. She overcame alot of personal issues as well with abuse by a former coach so I am very happy for her.

Back to top Go down

Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo Empty Re: Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 06:44

Fantastic achievement!!
Like I've already said to be 1st, the best in the whole world at anything is one amazing achievement.
Well done to Kayla applause

Back to top Go down

Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo Empty Re: Kayla Harrison wins US first gold medal in Judo

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 07:46

With Gabby Douglas taking the gold in individual gymnastics and being the first African American to do it was quite a day for the ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 10:52

Well done Kayla - and well done the GB girl (can't remember her name) for a well deserved silver!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 10:54

I believe she was a last minute replacement at a higher weight class than she normally competes in. That is very hard to do indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 10:55

I loved the look on her face when she won, and went running to hug her coach (I think it was her coach, anyway!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:01

Yeah that was her coach. She has overcome so very much from years of sexual abuse, going public about the abuse and dealing with hypoglycemia. Always heart warming to see someone like her succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:26

jstaff wrote:Yeah that was her coach. She has overcome so very much from years of sexual abuse, going public about the abuse and dealing with hypoglycemia. Always heart warming to see someone like her succeed.

thumbs up Couldn't agree more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:51

Would rather have had GB Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:52

Second place at that level is still very good Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 11:53

Hayley wrote:Would rather have had GB Wink

Don't worry I've added her to my dart board Laughing

Only joking........don't even have a dart board so feck knows what I'm on about

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:00

jstaff wrote:Yeah that was her coach. She has overcome so very much from years of sexual abuse, going public about the abuse and dealing with hypoglycemia. Always heart warming to see someone like her succeed.

It's all these kind of behind the scenes storys which give the games more special memories.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down