Holly went to the door to be let out this morning

Go down

Holly went to the door to be let out this morning Empty Holly went to the door to be let out this morning

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 22:52

Although Holly doesnt mess her crate at night , she will wee /poo in the house during the day if we were to let her loose..

This morning she made her very first attempt to paw at the door Smile

I am still having a few issues with the crate during the day... at night she is perfect.. in at 9.30-10pm and out at 7am... no noise at all....
but mad she goes nuts during the day ( if the sun is out) and she wont just go in there on her own.. i have to bribe her to BED..lol
any suggestions?
thanks

Back to top Go down

Holly went to the door to be let out this morning Empty Re: Holly went to the door to be let out this morning

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 23:37

I turn their crate into a tent i covered all but one side so it was like a den to them and they settled in it alot quicker. encouraging her to go in there on her own place all her toys in there so if she wants one she has to go get it, feed her in there etc.

Last edited by MissRogue on Sat Jan 08 2011, 00:24; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Holly went to the door to be let out this morning Empty Re: Holly went to the door to be let out this morning

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 23:37

Well done Holly for goin to the door

Mel can you not move the crate to were it may be darker in the house, I put a cover over Millys just a thin one because I could not move her crate and it is near a window she seemed to settle better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 00:01

Yes, a cover over the crate is a good idea. I have an old curtain over Dempsey's & he seems to like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Sat Jan 08 2011, 12:48

Well done that girl. x
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Holly went to the door to be let out this morning Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 21:44

Thanks Girls...

Well yesterday was a huge test for Miss H...
we had to leave her at 11am.. my sister came and got her at 1pm and then baby sat her till 5pm.. Leisa put her back in the crate at 5 and we didnt get home tilll 9.30pm... LONG day.. we made the trip to North Sydney to see OH uncle who had a major stroke... so we made a day of it I will upload the pics later..
OK short end of the lond story...
We covered her crate and took out the divider.. then we put in her water bowl and all her toys as there is enough space now.... PERFECT... she is a gem.
no wee/poo.. and was sound asleep when we got home.. she was punch drunk trying to do a wee she was that tired lol

she slept till 8am this morning, an hour longer than usual.. it is over cast and raining here ( actually p'ing down) so it is darker than usual too.

her crate is in our hallway, away from the kids and their noise... ( and the cat) lol
so it is in the darkest place in our house , and the quietest.
she will get there, i forget she is only 10 weeks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:32

Aw thats fantastic Mel! She really has settled in well. Really chuffed for you, you're obviously doing a fantastic job with her Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:45

Shontelle wrote:Aw thats fantastic Mel! She really has settled in well. Really chuffed for you, you're obviously doing a fantastic job with her Smile

Thanks Shontelle,

Can you please help me with routine etc... Do you put charlie into his Crate to sleep during the day even if you are home?.. I have been... to try and get her used to it but she is hearing the kids etc.. only fusses for a few mins sometimes only 20 secs... but I hate to hear it lol

She has full size crate now and lots of toys and i have given her a treat to enter the crate on her own.. is this ok to do?.. bribe her lol

how long does charlie stay in his create of a day?... when i have clients at home
I try and space them.. so she will go in about 9.45 and then i let her out for a wee about 11am... back in again at 11.30 till 1pm.. let her out etc... i cant take her for a walk as yet. she doesnt get her needles till 22.1.11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:57

Charlie is let out of his crate about 7am. He has his breakfast and a wee and then its playtime. He starts getting tired again around 11. Charlie has learned the 'crate' command. I point to his crate and say crate and he gets in. He doesnt fuss at all, he never has done. He comes out again about 1 for lunch and playtime. He sleeps again from about 4.30 to 6 then he wakes up and has his dinner. He goes back in from 11 to 7 for the night. I dont have to bribe him to get in, he loves his crate. I leave the door open and he quite often just grabs a toy and takes it in there or just trots in for a nap. Bribing Holly in with a treat for a while is fine, she'll associate it with good things. Your routine with her sounds good. As long as you ignore her when she fusses she'll soon stop altogether. I cant remember all of your last post so if I havent answered everything, or you want advice on anything else, just let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:05

Thanks Shontelle, that is excellent advise..
maybe i need to leave her in there for longer.... lettign her out for quick burst might be confussing her... i mean if i do 2 clients and leave my self half hour for a walk aroudn the block and lunch, poo and back to bed.. that will work better..
she is getting better.. and now that she has more space all her toys will "live" in there
I thnk Miss R suggested keeping her toys in there so she has to go int here and get them out her self...
she is really understanding what is hers and what is "out of bounds"
lol

I so wish we all lived closer..i would love a play day Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:12

Me too, I've said that so many times. I'd love to meet all the regulars face to face. And the gorgeous dogs too of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down