Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please

3 posters

Go down

Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please Empty Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:05

Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please Th_more008

Back to top Go down

Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please Empty Re: Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:06

And no laughing at my saggy * Laughing

Back to top Go down

Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please Empty Re: Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please

Post by Staffy lover Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:17

Wow what a great video. Kenny is very good looking, he made me laugh towards the end, as if to say, thats enough walking Laughing . You are having ago and that counts, and what saggy Laughing with those pink bright Jeans Smile
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:40

I really havnt got a clue what we're doing, it just doesnt sink in. Im getting a bit board of the shows now tbh. But we have a laugh and make other laugh too tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:45

Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please More011-1Kenny and me trying to show, No Laughing please More013-1

Then he takes a little rest lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:24

Right. You ready?

It isn't quite as bad as you think! Movement could be better, but that's you, not Kenny. You're not stretching him - he needs to go a little bit faster. Try a slow jog (you) so that he trots full stretch, but doesn't break into a canter.

Standing for the judge, you need to get a bit more in front of Kenny (and to the side to avoid getting in the judge's line of view), so that your easily in his field of view without him turning his head to the side. Don't worry about blocking the judge's view of any of the other exhibits - that isn't your problem! Most judges seem to ask you to show your dog's teeth, but that was one of the 'old school' so you need to be prepared for that - get friends/family etc to lift Kenny's lips at the side & front on a regular basis while you hold his lead.

Practice very short periods of just standing still (in the show stand)- in the park, in town, at the pub - whatever! 30 seconds a time to start with & then build on it. People will think you're insane, but who cares? Big Grin

You just need to tighten up on a couple of little things & try to stay calm (you looked nervous). Concentrate on Kenny & the judge, nothing else. At the end, once the judge has gone over all the other exhibits, make sure you are never between Kenny & him, and at that stage, don't block his view of the others because he'll ask you to move & that's embarrassing!

If the judge is looking at another dog, let Kenny relax (let him sit, but not lie down or let him walk around you), but watch the judge & be prepared to get Kenny ready swiftly.

Any help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 11:35

Thanks Caryll Laughing ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 11:47

Oh, and don't forget, he's still a baby - he's only just out of Minor Puppy! If he bounces a bit or licks the judge, most judges understand (the good ones, anyway) and will overlook it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jul 27 2012, 20:46

I thought Caryll would be able to put you right, well done for having a go anyway
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27 2012, 20:52

The important thing is to enjoy it. If either you or Kenny don't like it then it just isn't worth it. It's an expensive hobby - no point paying out all that money if there's no fun in it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27 2012, 20:55

Great video. You both done really well. Kenny is a handsome boy Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by dex123 Fri Jul 27 2012, 21:58

hes a well nice dog i want him lol
dex123
dex123
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky and patch
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27 2012, 22:56

Thanks every1, good laugh too lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down