Teething

2 posters

Go down

Teething Empty Teething

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 22:11

Vinnie is teething and has been for a couple of weeks now, but seems to be taking more effect now, his 6months and lost 5teeth that i have seen and kept lol! for all i no his lost more and just havn't seen it.
What i actually want to ask you guys is do you have any tips on how to make this process a little more comfortable for him? .. at the mo his a bit quiter underline BIT haha his eating a lil less and seemed to have today a little bit of a dodgy stomach but i researched that and found that due to the excess saliva he swallows it messes with his gut which is why he gets a dodgy stomach, his fine in himself his running round like his usual loon self and will go for food every now and then. Because of the dodgy tum his on rice tonight so will keep an eye on that.

Yea so anyone got any tricks to help sooth the pain for him, i have ran one of his ropes under cold water and put it in the freezer to numb the pain a bit he LOVED that lol anything else?

Back to top Go down

Teething Empty Re: Teething

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 22:14

You can get a soothing gel from most big pet shops especially for teething. I found that giving Dempsey a section of raw lamb's spine every day gave him something to really get his teeth into (pun intended!) and helped feed him too!

You can also get quite a few teething toys, but if yours is anything like mine, they wouldn't last too long!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 22:15

I use ice cubes for Milly she is teething and the ice cubes seem to help, I also froze some peanut butter blocks. I bought some teething gel from the pet shop just like bongela that seem to be doing the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 22:19

ohh brill! i'l nip down to pet shop 2moz Big Grin thanks guys Smile ... haha yea we got him teething toys but demolished lol great while they lasted .. i will try ice cubes etc Tongues thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Fri Jan 07 2011, 09:16

I gave Molly a carrot, and a frozen teething kong.
She used to love laying on her back and letting the OH wiggle the teeth as well!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Jan 07 2011, 11:08

I always found that frozen carrots or bananas work well as they will gum it and it cools down the gums. They always look like their in pain when they are teething, same as babies you feel so sorry for them!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com