Am i the only one who doesn't like this?

3 posters

Go down

Am i the only one who doesn't like this? Empty Am i the only one who doesn't like this?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:44

Am i the only one who doesn't like this? 486415_10150995922411997_544858130_n

This is flying all over the net, but am i the only one who looks at it and sees:

• Cut ears
  • Clearly a breeding bitch which looks like she has confirmation problems?
  • Another two bitches that has or is about to have pups
  • Undesirable colours

I mean maybe i'm just looking into this too much Tongues

Back to top Go down

Am i the only one who doesn't like this? Empty Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like this?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:50

On the face of it, it's a nice cutie pic showing how good they are with kids.

But yes, underneath there are some questions that need answering!

Cropped ears are quite normal in the USA, but the front bitch has terrible conformation (even sitting like that, it's obvious). Do APBTs have black & tan as undesirable?

Back to top Go down

Am i the only one who doesn't like this? Empty Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like this?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:53

Caryll wrote:Do APBTs have black & tan as undesirable?

I've always thought so, but i could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:56

From what i can read merle is the only colour that can get your disqualified, but i'm not sure if b&t is undesirable or not now! so ignore that one lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:58

hayley you have jumped on the band wagon all them dogs have been saved from the pound and now have a forever home
there is an article that goes with it will see if i can find it for you Big Grin

from what i can remember they were taken from a puppy farm in the middle of the south and now living with rescuer and his family

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 10:59

bigwazza wrote:hayley you have jumped on the band wagon all them dogs have been saved from the pound and now have a forever home
there is an article that goes with it will see if i can find it for you Big Grin

from what i can remember they were taken from a puppy farm in the middle of the south and now living with rescuer and his family

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 11:05

bigwazza wrote:hayley you have jumped on the band wagon all them dogs have been saved from the pound and now have a forever home

But it shows that i was right in the first place that they were puppy mills owned by horrible people!!

Also, everyone on my FB is all AWWWWWWWWWW LOOOOK WEEE DOGGGGYYYYY im the only one whos went hold on where are these dosg from lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Fri Jul 20 2012, 11:11

From that perspective I think it's an amazing shot! But how the fosterer manages all them on a walk I have no idea!

But I can see Hayleys original point too. Glad the story behind the pic is happy ending though Big Grin
Rachb26
Rachb26
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:55

When I saw this picture those were the first thoughts in my head, as well. I didn't like it. Black and Tan is an undesirable color for the APBT and AmStaff. These dogs are probably not registered with the AKC or UKC. There are a lot of BYB's in the US breeding dogs with TERRIBLE conformation. Just look at the poor American Bully! I've not seen one that looks healthy. These dogs look like something in between the APBT and the American Bully.

Glad to hear they have been rescued and are now living with responsible owners who will hopefully take better care of them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 12:58

I think purely from the point of view of showing that pits are good with kids - this is a great shot.

But yes, regarding the other stuff, I see what you mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 14:48

Sad not having much look finding the article sure it will turn up lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:18

Hayley wrote:Am i the only one who doesn't like this? 486415_10150995922411997_544858130_n

This is flying all over the net, but am i the only one who looks at it and sees:

• Cut ears
  • Clearly a breeding bitch which looks like she has confirmation problems?
  • Another two bitches that has or is about to have pups
  • Undesirable colours

I mean maybe i'm just looking into this too much Tongues

Just take it for what it is. A little girl surrounded by friendly, smiling Staffies. Sometimes things just are what they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:30

they look like americna bully to me

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:52

Breed is unimportant really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:57

I get your point about the other things you said, but what's wrong with the "undesirable" colours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 00:57

ANattyRat wrote:I get your point about the other things you said, but what's wrong with the "undesirable" colours?

in staffies anyway any sort of black and tan or brown /liver and tan is undesirable in the show ring as it suggests the dog is form a line that has been crossbred at some point with another breed, therefore not purebred staffordshire. I thought the same applied to pitbulls/american bulls but i think i'm mistaken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 08:43

I understand that, but how is that a negative thing for the picture? If they're just pets, it doesn't matter what colours they are, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Jul 21 2012, 08:59

I see a picture showing the good nature of these dogs with a small child.

Nothing more.

Unless you plan on showing a dog, why would you care about its colours or other "faults" ..?

Ive not read the article going with the picture, but I'm pretty sure its not aimed at showing off pedigree breeds, but rather the temperament of them.

I like the picture, and if the dogs have been rescued, then even better Smile
Rob
Rob

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bode
Dog(s) Ages : 23/09/2011
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21 2012, 12:43

I'm not going to get into a debate about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Sat Jul 21 2012, 13:05

Hayley wrote:I'm not going to get into a debate about this.

Big Grin

ANattyRat: your Loki is exactly the same age as Saffy! 09/05/12! And she's brindle too! How sweet! Big Grin

Last edited by bigwazza on Sat Jul 21 2012, 16:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not sure of sentiment)
Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down