+3
steve76
janey
Rachb26
7 posters

Go down

Holidays Empty Holidays

Post by Rachb26 Wed Jul 11 2012, 16:06

Its been absolutely chucking it down again today and boy do I wish i was far away somewhere lovely, hot and sunny, chiling out, sipping an ice cold cocktail!!! It's supposed to be July aka summertime! Where's our sunshine! Lol

So was just wondering where you guys are going/been to on holiday this year or anywhere you have been and loved!!

I'll start...we went to Egypt last May and had a ball! It was amazing, snorkelling, star gazing in the Sinai desert, pyramids, Cairo museum....I wish I was back there now!
Rachb26
Rachb26
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Holidays Empty Re: Holidays

Post by janey Wed Jul 11 2012, 17:58

I only holiday in England now I have Moo, and yes, today I looked like a drowned rat, had to hide in a bush as the rain came down in sheets and thunder over head lol!

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 18:04

I was in Australia in feb and went to England for 3 weeks in June. Thats me done! Would love a sun holiday too.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Wed Jul 11 2012, 18:47

i'm quite lucky as i get to use my mums caravan as and when i want, so we've been and are going back to ingoldmells.hope the weather improves though
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 22:29

Gave up our caravan last year Sad and didn't really get a proper holiday. Only UK ATM until we get to the bottom of the whole France with Staffys thing for sure (long running story) . So we went to a DF place in Cornwall at Easter and we're going back for a week end of July

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Thu Jul 12 2012, 08:04

janey wrote:

I only holiday in England now I have Moo, and yes, today I looked like a drowned rat, had to hide in a bush as the rain came down in sheets and thunder over head lol!

I know! Me too! Saffy didn't seem bothered about the thunder, we both sat at the back door watching my washing getting drenched!!

Typical English summertime!

Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Thu Jul 12 2012, 08:08

Steve & Dave:

We are looking into caravan hols for next year. We love Dorset way, but the weathers soo unpredictable in this country. Thinking of taking the kids and Saffy camping at the end of August for a long weekend. Don't know where tho!! We haven't been before so should be fun! Lol
Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by anitapitbull Thu Jul 12 2012, 08:35

well i am off to florida in october and i cant wait drooling and i have my niece to look after my lot she loves to look after them she does it every year
anitapitbull
anitapitbull
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : keyser,starling,cheyenne
Dog(s) Ages : keyser is 8 starling is 11 cheyenne is 12
Dog Gender(s) : keyser is male starling is female cheyenne is female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 12 2012, 08:45

My hubby and i spent our honeymoon (4 years ago) in Scotland at a place called Spein Bridge. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. We travelled around Scotland a bit while we were there and did one of the greatest train rides in the world, the Fort William to Maillag ride on a steam train. We went over the aquaduct shown in the Harry Potter films. It was amazing. Would love to do this again too. Some picture of where we stayed:

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_zr83cyMn3yN1XE2V9Q9r9XEg6KF4e4yfcHQ8KZDzvtZ2O2SkYutXElQ

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQukELE-bk28fhHwKGAzISECUvQU7EKHf4deHqoEPzCrV6jC6mgLG7gig8

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX803L2sSpRU6_YWiMf03mSaD2rRahNS9gJq1k12q5IiK-OcfneS0tg1U
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jul 12 2012, 09:41

kathytake2 wrote:My hubby and i spent our honeymoon (4 years ago) in Scotland at a place called Spein Bridge. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. We travelled around Scotland a bit while we were there and did one of the greatest train rides in the world, the Fort William to Maillag ride on a steam train. We went over the aquaduct shown in the Harry Potter films. It was amazing. Would love to do this again too. Some picture of where we stayed:

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_zr83cyMn3yN1XE2V9Q9r9XEg6KF4e4yfcHQ8KZDzvtZ2O2SkYutXElQ

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQukELE-bk28fhHwKGAzISECUvQU7EKHf4deHqoEPzCrV6jC6mgLG7gig8

Holidays Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX803L2sSpRU6_YWiMf03mSaD2rRahNS9gJq1k12q5IiK-OcfneS0tg1U

Wow Kathy, those pics are amazing Surprised ... I've not been up to Scotland yet, but I have been planning a road trip up there for a couple years Laughing

The plan is to drive up to Fort William .. then up past Loch Ness to Inverness over a couple of days, then I want to take the highland road through the Cairn gorm mountains south again day dreaming (just wish I could get the car to Scotland to start with without havin to drive all that way first yawn )

One day Big Grin day dreaming
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Thu Jul 12 2012, 11:45

Australia for Haley!! You are one lucky gal! That's on my to do list before I die!

Anita: Florida sounds fabulous!! We've got a 'pet sitter' too (MIL) but thought it would be fun to have a hol with our dog. We used to do a caravan hols every year with our Yorkies lol.

Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Thu Jul 12 2012, 11:52

Kathy, I LOVE Scotland. I went up in my younger days and it's amazing. So beautiful. I really want to go back for a walking trip but my kids aren't keen! Crying or Very sad

Really amazing pics Smile
Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 12 2012, 12:16

I really cannot recommend a trip to Scotland hightly enough. I didn't want to come back to boring Bedford after being there for a week I had to be led to the car kicking and screaming Laughing

The scenery is breathtaking, we also went to the Cairngorms which was amazing. We also took the cablecar up Ben Nevis, we really did pack a lot into one week but then wanted to make the most of the time we had there.

It took us ages to get home as we keep stopping to take photos at every bend in the road. We left the B & B at 9am on the Saturday morning and didn't get home until 2am the next day, we were so tired but then couldn't sleep.

The monument at Spein Bridge (just down the road from our B & B) is for the Commandos who train in the mountains there.

Holidays Commando.memorial
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:10

They must have been the one's in "Dog Soldiers" then Laughing

Yeah its mad, I really am a mountain kinda bloke, so it's crazy I've never been to the highlands Rolling Eyes ... my trouble is my Jeep ... its prepped for off-roading, including a suspension lift with very firm springs/shocks, a huge safari rack on the roof, and full mud terrain tyre's that sing to you like a WW2 army truck!! .. its actually just the sort of truck you need for traveling around the remote parts of Scotland ... BUT ... after an hour on the motorway, your ears are humming for an hour after hypnotised

anyone got a chinook that can air lift my 4x4 up to Fort William ??? Big Grin whistling
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:13

i love going to skeggy or blackpool day dreaming they both allow dogs & cheap as chips rolling on the floor if they got good pub that all what matter to me

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:16

Rachb26 wrote:Kathy, I LOVE Scotland. I went up in my younger days and it's amazing. So beautiful. I really want to go back for a walking trip but my kids aren't keen! Crying or Very sad

Only problem with scotland is the midgies and mossies, we used to alway go there as kids as we lived so close to the border and holidayed over Largs way in a caravan , happy times Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:18

I'll be going camping to Yorkshire again this summer - end of August. Hope the weather's a bit better, but if it rains, it rains!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:21

Caryll wrote:I'll be going camping to Yorkshire again this summer - end of August. Hope the weather's a bit better, but if it rains, it rains!

Hopefully end of August will be ok , think the beginning is pretty dire Sad I've booked an extra day for the Friday before BH weekend so me , daughter and kids might be able to take the dogs camping hopefully . Will make up for the abism,al wet week in Cornwall at Sue's that we are obout to have

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:24

Andy wrote:
anyone got a chinook that can air lift my 4x4 up to Fort William ??? Big Grin whistling

You'll have to have a word with Prince William, see if he can give you a lift up there Laughing . Honestly you will not be disappointed.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 20:25

When are you going, Dave?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Fri Jul 13 2012, 09:16

Dave wrote:
Rachb26 wrote:Kathy, I LOVE Scotland. I went up in my younger days and it's amazing. So beautiful. I really want to go back for a walking trip but my kids aren't keen! Crying or Very sad

Only problem with scotland is the midgies and mossies, we used to alway go there as kids as we lived so close to the border and holidayed over Largs way in a caravan , happy times Big Grin

Really?! Wow never thought about mozzies etc. Im one of those that gets bitten to death, I was literally eaten alive in Egypt...was considering going to the highlands next year, I'll have to have a think on it now!
Rachb26
Rachb26

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down