lil Git! lol

Go down

lil Git! lol Empty lil Git! lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 19:58

vinnie used to be brilliant peeing and pooing on his matt!, but the last few days he will pee in the middle of the floor and occasionally poo on the floor!! .. he used to be great and do it right all the time! but recently almost everytime! he goes to the toilet now on the floor, his a pain in the ass with it! .. we can't get him to go outside in the garden just yet as our back fence got completly knocked down so we cant risk him escaping so will have to say matt training for a few wks untill it gets fixed

any ideas why all of a sudden he's started doing this, his matts in the same place it always has been, his also been a right git with right and wrong! .. is it just his age?, his 6months old now, and he is being booked in for castration in the next couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down

lil Git! lol Empty Re: lil Git! lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 20:05

Defo take him outside on a lead to do his business, and take him out every hour he'll soon get the habit

once he's marked somewhere he'll continue to go back, wash the floor/carpet with cleaner and disinfectant about 6 times to make sure no scent is left, i'm not a fan of mat training coz you have to teach them twice once to go on a mat then to go outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 20:25

I tried pad training and it didnt work for me. As long as I remember to take Charlie out every hour so, he doesnt mess in the house. Actually in the last day or two, he's started going to the back door when he needs to go out. If I dont notice quick enough, he'll do it inside next to the back door, but thats my fault for not spotting soon enough that he's out there. I'd def take him out on a lead into your garden. Its a pain in the butt, especially cos its cold at the mo, but it'll be worth it in the end and they pick it up quite quickly too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 20:32

Thanks for the advice guys!! yhh we do clean the area with disinfectant but still the same lol, il deffo start the lead in the garden every hour! Smile .. lets see how this goes! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 20:48

good luck be consistent, plenty of fuss and treats when he goes outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 20:50

will do! Smile .. let you all no how he gets on Smile thanks again, love this forum for advice etc! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 21:19

staffy-lover89 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys!! yhh we do clean the area with disinfectant but still the same lol, il deffo start the lead in the garden every hour! Smile .. lets see how this goes! lol

Take care that the cleaner doesn't contain amonia - the smell of amonia is similar to pee (to a dog!) so he'll just smell the cleaner & go to pee there again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 21:22

Caryll wrote:
staffy-lover89 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys!! yhh we do clean the area with disinfectant but still the same lol, il deffo start the lead in the garden every hour! Smile .. lets see how this goes! lol

Take care that the cleaner doesn't contain amonia - the smell of amonia is similar to pee (to a dog!) so he'll just smell the cleaner & go to pee there again!

very true... i used to mop my floors with amonia... I read about it when we first got the cat.. they love marking it too.
thank god i did some reasearch before we bought the cat home..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 21:29

really!? woah il be researching this then! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 21:39

Try using a biological washing powder or liquid to clean up - you don't need to use much & there's no amonia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Jan 03 2011, 22:34

We tried matt training with Molly, she now goes outside on a lead (our garden isn't secure either), unless it's with me, then she goes out without her lead. He'll pick it up really quickly.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03 2011, 22:51

thanks guys! Smile will do!!