First walk alone with two furry kids

+2
Kathy
Chantel
6 posters

Go down

First walk alone with two furry kids Empty First walk alone with two furry kids

Post by Chantel Thu Jun 28 2012, 15:45

I just got back from my first walk alone with the two furry kids. My husband usually takes one and I take the other, but today I decided to try it on my own. I must be honest, I didn't look forward to it, because I thought it was going to be a dog show (pun intended Big Grin ).

Turns out I was wrong. Maska is pretty good on lead, and he sits or stays when I tell him to, and FORTUNATELY for me, when it comes to Loki, it is a case of Monkey see....Monkey do. And monkey did quite well. I know its my own dogs, but I was quite impressed. I felt so proud walking down the street with the two dogs being so well behaved, considering that Loki's ears are no more than ornaments at the moment.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Next time I will even try taking a picture or two Big Grin
Chantel
Chantel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

First walk alone with two furry kids Empty Re: First walk alone with two furry kids

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28 2012, 15:52

Great! I miss walking all my three, lexi was the same and did whatever the other two did and the other two were very good walkers ahha

Back to top Go down

First walk alone with two furry kids Empty Re: First walk alone with two furry kids

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 28 2012, 17:30

Congratulations on a successful walk alone with your babies. Well done thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28 2012, 17:31

Great news. Glad that it was a great experience for you. I see you are in PE. Next time I come down for the Ironman, I will bring Tyson with me and we can have a real pack walk Smile

Last edited by Ty on Thu Jun 28 2012, 17:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jun 28 2012, 17:46

Fab, now you can do it lots more Big Grin

Like the new username!! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by first tri Thu Jun 28 2012, 18:02

Well done!. It's great when your concerns are kicked into touch like that applause

Last edited by first tri on Thu Jun 28 2012, 18:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : diabolical spelling!)
first tri
first tri
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Benson
Dog(s) Ages : 4 (14/12/2007)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28 2012, 19:39

Pleased it went well for you , we will be going out for our first 2 dogs together walk on Wednesday next (1 week after Tommy's 10 week injections) Early indications are good !! when I took him to the vets yesterday I put him on the lead to get him out of the car when we got home and he was straight to the top of the drive like he wanted to have an adventure. I have had him out with Tilly a couple of times already but only carrying him in my coat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28 2012, 22:25

Glad it went so well

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 29 2012, 02:15

Ah, my wife was the same but now willingly walks all three. She does feel like a parade though. Lol, I do it mostly.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Fri Jun 29 2012, 08:14

Thank you for all the encouragement.

@Lynne (Ty) - A pack walk sounds like a plan, I'm sure my mutts will enjoy it, and with next year's iron man, at least Loki will be able to keep up Big Grin

@Janey - Yeah, figured it was time for a change in username. Our first dog was Duke and we live in Lorraine, so it was a fun name, but now I have two other dogs, so figured my name will have to do

@Dave - Like chatting to you because we are in the exact same place with our dogs, I think we're just a week and a bit ahead of you. Also had to wait for Loki to have her shots before we took her out, apparently the Parvo virus is doing the rounds here, so we were'nt taking any chances. Enjoy your first walk together, sure they'll be great. Lots of new adventures
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HManuel Fri Jul 06 2012, 12:51

Congrats! I was very proud the first time I walked my 3 on my own! We all know staffies have sadly got themselves a bit of unfair and negative press over the years... I find some people are intimidated by my 3 when I walk them. Does anybody else get this? Or even if you have several other breeds? Recently moved to a new area and have received several surprised compliments on their good behavior on and off the lead! I'm sure we've all met a naughty staffy but alot of people are so mislead by the media Sad
HManuel
HManuel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pablo, Lola, Rolo
Dog Gender(s) : 2M 1F
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Fri Jul 06 2012, 13:14

HManuel wrote:Congrats! I was very proud the first time I walked my 3 on my own! We all know staffies have sadly got themselves a bit of unfair and negative press over the years... I find some people are intimidated by my 3 when I walk them. Does anybody else get this? Or even if you have several other breeds? Recently moved to a new area and have received several surprised compliments on their good behavior on and off the lead! I'm sure we've all met a naughty staffy but alot of people are so mislead by the media Sad

We've had similar reactions to our dogs. We've had people pick up their smaller dogs, making comments like "that dog will eat you" or "tear you to pieces". We had "incident" the other day, we were walking Maska (who is on a leather harness and leather lead) on a sidewalk of about 10m wide. We weren't even close to her, but she ran into the middle of the road, not even looking if there were cars coming. I can understand a reaction like that if the dog is off lead and running to you at full tilt, but come on.
In all honestly, I actually don't care what people say or do, it only means that people who really understand the breed have them. But we've also had good comments and situations where people just want to come up and meet the dogs. There was this one guy that nearly made an accident, because he pulled off the road in his car, so he can come and see our dogs. Now we see him on a regular basis.
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down