Fuel Mix Up at Tesco

4 posters

Go down

Fuel Mix Up at Tesco Empty Fuel Mix Up at Tesco

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 12:34

It's all very well Tesco saying they are arranging for repairs to ba carried out, but in the meantime at least 24 drivers are without their cars!

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/06/20/tesco-apology-over-diesel-blunder/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D113935

Back to top Go down

Fuel Mix Up at Tesco Empty Re: Fuel Mix Up at Tesco

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 13:31

My dad got a new mercedes a few years ago and brought it over to mainland to use as my uncles wedding car and he put the wrong fuel in it and had to get the pumpy pumpy man out. Very embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 21 2012, 13:38

Similar thing happend to us, our car is diesel and my hubby put petrol in it by mistake. Then had to call out the guy to get it pumped out or whatever they do.

Now everytime we arrive at the fuel station we both shout out DIESEL Laughing
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:34

i would be so annoyed
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Fuel Mix Up at Tesco Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:36

I was furious mad had just spent £50 on filling it up. banghead banghead
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:53

angry angry
Caryll wrote:It's all very well Tesco saying they are arranging for repairs to ba carried out, but in the meantime at least 24 drivers are without their cars!

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/06/20/tesco-apology-over-diesel-blunder/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D113935

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:57

kathytake2 wrote:Similar thing happend to us, our car is diesel and my hubby put petrol in it by mistake. Then had to call out the guy to get it pumped out or whatever they do.

When you do it that way if its only a small amount of petrol its actually good for the engine if its a reasonably new car as it burns off a lot of the caked on rubbish.

I once took a Galaxy on hire , had to drive to Scotland and only had half a tank of diesel so put petrol in by mistake, just kept doing 100 miles and more diesel, all the way to dilute it and it was fine, had it 2 weeks and once I'd got past the first couple of days of the petrol problem just drove it normally (like an idiot)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 21:30

My Jeep is diesel and I am totally phobic about yelling 'Diesel Please' at the gas station as I am terrified of making the same mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 22 2012, 06:39

davemck3834 wrote:
kathytake2 wrote:Similar thing happend to us, our car is diesel and my hubby put petrol in it by mistake. Then had to call out the guy to get it pumped out or whatever they do.

When you do it that way if its only a small amount of petrol its actually good for the engine if its a reasonably new car as it burns off a lot of the caked on rubbish.

I once took a Galaxy on hire , had to drive to Scotland and only had half a tank of diesel so put petrol in by mistake, just kept doing 100 miles and more diesel, all the way to dilute it and it was fine, had it 2 weeks and once I'd got past the first couple of days of the petrol problem just drove it normally (like an idiot)

How long ago was that ? .... the thing has probably sh!t itself by now cus the petrol attacked the valve stem seals Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 07:57

Andy wrote:
davemck3834 wrote:

How long ago was that ? .... the thing has probably sh!t itself by now cus the petrol attacked the valve stem seals Laughing

Must be 6 years or so back now was a hire car so I didn't know the final outcome (needless to say I didn't tell them when I returned it)

When I first did it , I bricked it as I'd stuck a whole fiver in before I realised with my 2 week old company car and then a guy in the garage told me not to panic and just fill it up with diesel and carry on , and ignore the white smoke. That was fine and ran for 3 years without any trouble. Daresay with the other car though and a half tank I wouldn't have moved it off the forecourt if it had been my permanent car.

People reading this though will realise its not a good idea to buy an ex company car or an ex hire car as they don't always get the best treatment in the world , though they are very well maintained in the lifespan I have them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:52

I always ask for a vat reciept when getting fuel becuase it prints what you put in the tank on the reciept.So if they mess up it shows what you put in the tank and what actually came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Fri Jun 22 2012, 11:12

omg that would be so bad, i've nearly gone to do that before just have to remember diesel black pump, petrol green pump in some stations lol
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:11

Andy wrote:How long ago was that ? .... the thing has probably sh!t itself by now cus the petrol attacked the valve stem seals Laughing

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

To be honest, I think that Tesco should be paying a certain amount of compensation as well as repair bills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 16:02

Every little helps dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down