Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really.

2 posters

Go down

Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really. Empty Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really.

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:15

Ok, so Charlie testicles seem to make life quite uncomfortable! He has big, very saggy testicles, he can't sit down properly because of them and always seems to need to 'adjust' his position when he's getting comfy. I don't mean shifting around like they normally do, it's always his testicles that seem to stop him getting comfy and he has to wriggle around, get up and lay back down in a different postition etc.

Anyway, I had originally intended to get Charlie neutered when he was mature at about 18-24 months. (He's now 19 months old). I had pretty much given up the idea because there's no real reason to do it. He's not at all aggressive or dominant or a humper or anything like that. Now I'm wondering if it's worth doing for his comfort?

I am well aware of the debate this kind of topic usually starts, I'm not wanting to cause any arguments, I know the risks and the benefits etc, I'm just wondering what you guys think? Is it worth doing to make him more comfortable, or just leave him to it. I just feel bad for him when I see him looking uncomfortable because it's something that can be easily fixed.

Back to top Go down

Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really. Empty Re: Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really.

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:25

iv lived with this condition all of my life Tongues but i still think i would rather keep my plums.
its a hard one do you feel it gives him real discomfort or is it just a case it takes him a bit longer to be able to settle.
eg if it was keeping him from sleeping and if he was a bit nervous of you going near his under carriage(really really painful if knocked) then maybe i would be considering having him castrated if not i would just leave alone and see how he goes

Back to top Go down

Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really. Empty Re: Don't jump on me, this is sort of a neutering topic, but not really.

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:30

Haha Harv's are exactly the same, but they never seem to bother him, in fact he seems to flaunt the fact that they are rather massive Rolling Eyes and i won't be neutering him though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:33

They don't seem to cause him pain, it's just that they are the saggiest plums I've ever seen on a dog, the skin between them and his body looks so stretched and thin and he really does seem very uncomfortable with them sometimes. Poor boy Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:42

Its really up 2 u shon.....if u think he is uncomfortable then i would just do it 2 be honest but then i would do it anyway hehe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 15:49

Hmmm, Caryll or Steve will be on next saying don't do it! Lol, we all know each other so well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:06

Personally i would do it, i get really embarrassed when i see a dog * hanging and flappign about. Maybe im just immature. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:25

shontelle wrote:Hmmm, Caryll or Steve will be on next saying don't do it! Lol, we all know each other so well Smile
Dont we just lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 16:30

let see some photos >Smile i will tell you if he need it done or not

my sam he got some big one also I dont want to s you have to see him run

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:30

haha iv just looked at the pics you have posted of charlie and his nuts are not that big lol
me thinks you just want to de masculate all males haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:33

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 16:37

if hes not trying get out all the time i wouldn't get him done you just putting him thru something he doesn't need.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:38

Thems not big gonads or maybe it's just the way he's laying , do like Steve says , get him running and make a video, then we can judge Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 16:58

I don't neuter but i really wouldn't if they aren't causing him any pain i just don't see the point of putting him through it

Last edited by ella on Fri May 11 2012, 17:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:00

I'll get a pic of him standing from behind, you'll see how low they hang and I'll get a pic of him sitting with them off to one side, it's hilarious!!

Demasculate all males Big? Who the hell is gonna do all the heavy lifting and carry my shopping bags etc if I do that????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:25

If you feel that he is uncomfortable, I would have it done. It is not major surgery for males and the most difficult part is keeping them calm afterwards! I had Saxon neutered at 6 months of age and he has suffered no ill effects. He is healthy, happy and handsome. I am of the belief that every dog should be desexed if the dog isn't going to be shown or bred. I just wouldn't want the risk of an unwanted litter, especially with a breed that is so over populated as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 17:35

only a bad owner will allow their dog to get out and i don't think shon is a bad owner

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:49

What steve said, i don't believe in neutering unless medically needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 17:54

my sam still got his balls only time he would try to get out is if their was a big dog out side and getting done isn't going stop that so i don't see the point of it.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:57

I personally would have him done, im all for nutering all 7 of my furkids are nutered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 18:43

shontelle wrote:Hmmm, Caryll or Steve will be on next saying don't do it! Lol, we all know each other so well Smile

I'm not going to say don't do it - that's your decision. But I very much doubt that he's uncomfortable - that's just your perception of it! They come in all shapes & sizes & dogs really do get used to whatever ones they have!

I know you originally wanted to get him done, and if you still do, great. But don't do it cause you think he's uncomfortable, he isn't. They all sit weird, and they all shift around getting comfy! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 18:45

There's no danger of him getting out, I'm always very careful with him. Its purely for his comfort. Thanks for your opinions guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 19:11

Decions, decisions........ confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri May 11 2012, 20:24

Not my debate at all I know, but why but him through all the stress of an op that isnt strictly necessary. Leave it for a bit and see if it (or rather they) become painful for him, then the decision is made for you.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 22:44

That's pretty much what I had decided Kathy. I always intended to have him done but don't see the point if its not necessary. He's an angel, no behaviour problems or humping, I'm always careful with him so no risk of unwanted litter. I just wondered if having it done would make him more comfortable. As long as it doesn't seen to be causing him any pain or distress, there really isn't any point. Thanks guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down