nsgdm1
jill wells
niff
janey
Steve
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Pet Insurance? - Page 2 Empty Which Pet Insurance?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12 2010, 20:29

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,
Im new to being a dog owner. Only had my dog 3 weeks and not had a dog in about 16 years.
I was thining of getting Blue insured.
Do you have dog insurance? and if so what one? and why did you choose that company?

wave

Back to top Go down

Which Pet Insurance? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Pet Insurance?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:00

mrsxg wrote:Lola isnt insured and I'm not sure whether to insure her.
We've had her for 9 months now and shes not been insured.

I honestly think you're mad not too, what if for instance (god forbid) she'd had a serious problem with this chicken bone, that could set you back a lot of money if she needed surgery or something , it's everybody's choice at the end of the day but I'd never be without it for me its £40 per month's worth of peace of mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:04

mrsxg wrote:Lola isnt insured and I'm not sure whether to insure her.
We've had her for 9 months now and shes not been insured.
I would never have a dog not insured, last year Harvey got a grass seed stuck in his throat the resulting bill was £650 all we paid was £75 excess

Dave wrote:
Caryll wrote:We had a renewal for Dempsey a couple of weeks ago - Sainsbury's have doubled the monthly premium from £17 to £34, mainly (I thought) because we's claimed.

So I've been looking around & I can only assume that the cost of insuring an EBT has skyrocketed! To get the equivalent cover with most of the other insurers would cost me over £40! There was one at £20, but the cover was nowhere near as good.

So I'm sticking with Sainsbury's!

Have you tried Pets at Home insurance Caryll , I've just cancelled Tilly's Direct Line policy and gone to them , just over 40 for both of them and each policy is 9K total vets fees per year for the life of the condition (Lifetime Extra I think its called)

http://www.petsathome.com/petinsurance

You've been robbed i'm with pets at home and it £25 between the boys Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:11

ella wrote:

You've been robbed i'm with pets at home and it £25 between the boys Wink

Which cover did you take though Ella , I took the top level one , Lifetime Extra I think 9k per year limit for total vets fees per year with lifetime cover on each condition

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:13

Same as you but got a quote on line and rang them up to see if i could get a better offer Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:19

ella wrote:Same as you but got a quote on line and rang them up to see if i could get a better offer Wink

cheeky one aren't you Big Grin , never even thought about it but not too bothered as its better cover than Direct line and they weren't interested in a deal , their cover is 6k per condition which is still ok but 6k within the lifetime might not be enough if , god forbid, something major happened. Maybe I'll try the Ella approach next year Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:27

my cover from animal. friends has gone up from 17 pounds to20 pounds done a comparison check and was not getting anywere near a cheaper price one was quating 13 quid but that rose to 28 pound for a none neutered male lol robbing bar stewarts
and for ella and dave you allso get higher pemium if you got a boy and girl doggies for ovious reasons and strangly the price dont change if you got both nutered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 21:09

Dave wrote:
ella wrote:Same as you but got a quote on line and rang them up to see if i could get a better offer Wink

cheeky one aren't you Big Grin , never even thought about it but not too bothered as its better cover than Direct line and they weren't interested in a deal , their cover is 6k per condition which is still ok but 6k within the lifetime might not be enough if , god forbid, something major happened. Maybe I'll try the Ella approach next year Laughing

Oh didn't no the directline one was per condition i much prefer lifetime cover, i think you should i got Chance insurance down to £ 9.50 a month and harvs £15.50

Back to top Go down

Post by saffi28 Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:13

I am with Sainsburys for both my girls.
I was originally with Pet Plan but with also insuring two cats, it was costing me over £120 per month.

After much deliberation, I moved my dog insurance to the Sainsburys Option 2 cover. It is £7,500 per condition with no limit as long as the policy is renewed annually. Not as good as lifetime cover, but it was half the price.
saffi28
saffi28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie (Rocker Dog) and Maisey
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 5 and a half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs McFisher Thu Nov 15 2012, 16:18

I am just looking at pet insurance now, and im on go compare (you get £40 odd cashback through Topcashback), they are asking me the breed of dog - mixed, cross breed or pedigree? am i being thick but what would my staffy be? i dont have papers for her, but she isnt a cross breed...
Mrs McFisher
Mrs McFisher
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Which Pet Insurance? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Louby
Dog(s) Ages : 6th May 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Stokester Sun Nov 25 2012, 18:56

Mrs McFisher wrote:I am just looking at pet insurance now, and im on go compare (you get £40 odd cashback through Topcashback), they are asking me the breed of dog - mixed, cross breed or pedigree? am i being thick but what would my staffy be? i dont have papers for her, but she isnt a cross breed...

unfortunately with out papers you have to put cross breed. worried
Stokester
Stokester

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gary
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Nov 25 2012, 19:16

we use tesco pet insurance it covers 7000 pounds worth of vet fees and will pay for any physio and medication we need for life. Applied online and costs £9.96 per month
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum