Jackieb
Steve
Nathan
stella
9 posters

Go down

sky news?? Empty sky news??

Post by stella Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:20

just catching up with my house work after coming back from me hols so in and out the front room and not listening properly to the news on the telly but from ive just heard the goverment are going to make it so all pups that are born are going to have to be micro chipped,any one else heard it,it was on sky news and like i said i was'nt listening properly.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

sky news?? Empty Re: sky news??

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:26

No, but that would be great! They would never police it though. Horses are the same, theyre all supposed to have passports and microchips but i know about 1/2 dont

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:31

i think it sould be too x

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:37

just heard it again,and guess what??they were chipping a white staffy and mentioning about dangerous dogs Rolling Eyes
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 16:10

Straight Face

As long as there are journalists there will be bad press for staffs. I just hope lexi has passed on to the rainbow before they're banned because i would NOT be giving up my dog to get murdered because of a stupid law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Apr 21 2012, 17:20

bbc has an article on it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17797194 suggest you dont read comments though....some people are just plain retarded. they also report that "5000" people have already has there dogs chipped Rolling Eyes I'd have expected better from the bbc as ive seen a figure of 8000 a week get chipped already. I think its a good thing but it's a rather limp wristed attempt on there aim of hitting bad dog owners.

So looks like DEFRA's report is out "soon" then (it was promised before easter), cant wait to see what knee jerk out of touch peice of legislation they will be adding onto the DDA if this is all they are capable of.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:38

Like you say, this will do nothing to bad owners. The dogs will be the only ones to suffer. It's cheaper to kill a dog than it is to prosecute a bad owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:39

Also, if i was a vet i would refuse no matter the law to put down an animal. They swore an oath to protect animal lives, well they break them everytime they put a "banned breed" down or an unwanted dog. Sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:43

so will this mean if owners dont get their dogs chipped they will be fined,their dogs taken away from them?more dogs in dogs home and rescue centres?
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:48

more likey they will be put down

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:49

It will just be a fine, it is in the horse world. 2.5k to 9k

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:57

How the heck will such a rule be enforced ?

Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:59

it cant be enforce they will need a dog cheacker on every street and play field everyday

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:03

And im sure they wouldnt last very long lol

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:06

the report on sky news said every new born pup,does that mean it will be down to the breeder selling the pup's?that would work with breeders that care about the pups they are selling but back yard breeders just are'nt gonna bother,it's gonna be interesting what the goverment will actually say.
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:13

On the face of it, microchipping every dog would be great.

BUT. What about the bybs? They won't bother. What about those who can't afford it?

What about the people who have a genuine dislike of microchipping, and prefer to tattoo? What about the dogs that react very badly to microchipping, will they have to be pts?

And how will it be policed?

It's a great idea on the face of it, but it needs one helluva lot more thinking about before it should become law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:17

being out quick fixxing dont work when will the goverment work this out none of these party have a bloody clue...

it's really simple in my eyes get out of the human right act draw up our own bill of rights and dont give everyone to much right.. get tougher on our society problem will fix most our problems...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:21

Thing about it is the government sit in their little room talking about all this crap but none of them have actually been in the real world. None of them know anything past what so called experts tell them and the experts are all out to get money not care for the animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 11:54

Mine are chipped already and are insured, that is just being a responsible owner in my eyes. I'm hoping that the Government are planning to enforce responsible ownership rather than target certain dog breeds as they did back in 1991.

I still think that they need to bring back the Dog licence say at £20 a year each dog. Approximately 9 million dogs in uk, that's 180 million worth of revenue. Use this money to put more dog wardens in place to enforce new laws such as the micro-chipping and to weed out BYB.

So long as Staffies are not discriminated against under these new laws I don't care as I will abide by them as I do the current laws.
By discriminate I mean banning them, making them wear muzzles in public, not allowing them to be off the lead etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:04

dog licence cant be enforce that why we got rid of it in the first place, we would have to pay a silly amount to be able ot enforce it and that will price out people who couldn't afford pets and bad owners just wouldn't pay it.

quick fixer wont help, the goverment has to get tougher on soceity only way of fixing out dog problem.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:07

Steve I agree with you saying that the Government needs to get tougher on society, but they need to do this as a whole and not just the so called 'dangerous dog types', as we always seem to get the blame if our dogs defend themselves.
I understand your view point on dog licencing but personally I do still think we need a form of dog licence, the following countries all have some form of dog licence: Northern Ireland, Ireland, Germany, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Isle of Man. These Governments must be enforcing it somehow?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_licence

Again I agree we do not need a quick fix, but I do not see a dog licence as a quick fix when used with other measures. No matter what laws the Government put in place there will always be an element of society that ignores the law. Which goes back to your comment about getting tougher on society i.e. the owner must be suitable charged with the offence.

To be quite honest, and I know this is going to sound funny, but I think a dog licencing/registration system could be very similar as it is for a car:
Dog Licence = Driving Licence
Micro-Chipping/registration = Vehicle Log Book (V5) registration
Yearly Vaccinations certification = MOT certification
Pet Insurance = Car insurance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:16

sorry to enfrorce a dog licence you going to have a cop on everystreet playing field in the old uk that not going to happen so the licence is not going be enforce, this forum will never support quick or stupid fixers,

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:17

you will also find these countries you talking about with dog licence still have a dog problem.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:34

I agree, but at least they are trying something other than blaming the breed.
I think we will always have dog problems, no matter what laws are in place. The thing is to minimise them if we cannot eliminate them, and banning certain breeds did not work, fact! According to the RSPCA there are more PBT in this country now than there were in 1991 when they were banned.
So why not try something else, I do not think anyone person has the answer, I certainally don't thinking and this is a discussion that can go on and on. As I stated in my first post on this topic so long as Staffies, and any other dog breed really, is not discriminated against then I'm not bothered what new laws the Government puts in as I will follow them, I'm anti-BSL that's all and just hope that our stupid Government do not make the same mistake twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:42

we try it and only a few people paid for one.... only way of fixing our problem is getting tougher on the soceity that mean getting out of the human right act and writing up our own bill of right. people have to many right and that is the problem

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:45

Which is easier to enforce , microchipping or a licence .
All breeders should have a licence ------> less people to monitor , than targeting all dog owners, it would be much easier to do random checks on a few people from gumtree than to stop every dog in the street. The breeders could then be in control of microchipping the dogs prior to leaving and ALSO make sure the owners have to have a dog licence , like the TV licence , once you have one then it registers with a database and could be sent out reminders yearly , the responsible people would do it anyway.........would this work ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:47

it wont fix bad owners will only punish good onwer and some people who live on their own dont have family or friend will lose out becasue they wont be able to afford a dog..

we only have dog problem people have got to many rights and touch action is need to fix the problem.

national service is the key to our problem get young kid off our streets 5 years in hte aemy they wont have time for dogs and they may learn respect this is the only way of fixing out problem.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:40

yeah i read it in the newspaper! i think everyone should have there dogs chipped ive always had my ones done Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Scarlett
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001801581232  More and

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:01

I know that this problem and argument has gone on for years and it still will, I do like many believe however that all dogs should be micro chipped and insured. Like bad car owners there will always be those who get stopped and don't have the proper documents... well maybe dogs should be the same??... (I know some of us will get victimized more than others), but if the dog warden/pcso/street wardens/vets.. could scan and tap into the insurance agencies like the traffic police, they can then advise on micro chipping and a minimum of third party insurance it would at least promote responsible ownership and help keep track of those who arn't...I don't for one minute think this would solve much but it would be a small step forward in recognition of the problem this country has.... Micro chipping could also be run at a reduced rate more often, it would encourage more people i'm sure. Will slip away now and go play with my boys Smile
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
sky news?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:20

this will only punish poor good owners Rolling Eyes to fix this problem you have to think out of the box, mirco chipping, dog insurance, dog licenses is NOT going stop bad owners they dont care about laws or anything....

last post in this topic becasue it starting to get me angry...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by eskidavies Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:03

i remember a while back the local council dog place were micro chipping for free it was advertised in local rag ,idont know what the response was as i have had sox chipped when i had her first jabs done,but i would have gone there if she wasnt done.
eskidavies
eskidavies
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : sox
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:31

Steve wrote:we try it and only a few people paid for one.... only way of fixing our problem is getting tougher on the soceity that mean getting out of the human right act and writing up our own bill of right. people have to many right and that is the problem
I personally do not see how the Human Rights Act has any effect on dog control?

Steve wrote:national service is the key to our problem get young kid off our streets 5 years in hte aemy they wont have time for dogs and they may learn respect this is the only way of fixing out problem.
Bad owners are not just young people, I've met & known people of various ages who have no control over their dog and some people who only have a certain breed of dog as a 'status symbol', so this would not stop anything apart from discriminate against younger people.

Steve wrote:this will only punish poor good owners Rolling Eyes to fix this problem you have to think out of the box, mirco chipping, dog insurance, dog licenses is NOT going stop bad owners they dont care about laws or anything....

last post in this topic becasue it starting to get me angry...
You could use your argument here about all laws and crimes that are committed, but the majority of people do abide by the law, as for poor dog owners a dog licence of £20 per year is not much (not even £1 a week) if someone could not afford that then how can they afford a vet bill or yearly vaccination boosters etc.
And I sorry if your getting angry over people expressing their views on a topic, I thought that this was the idea of a forum - to share knowledge, ideas, and to engage in discussions peace sign

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:42

everyone as rights which is wrong the country as gone down the pan because of it..... everyone as rights even people who done crime... human right act is stopping the goverment to sort this problem out.... FACT only when we get out of it wil lthis proiblem will be sorted.

I would say 70/80% of bad owners will be 17 to 25 year olds i will put money on it.

there no way on this earth you could enforce a dog licence that cost £20... it be poiintless bring one out the cost to enforce it would cost billions.. if they did bring one out i wouldn't pay for one. it's a stupid idea that doesn't work.

let have some realistic post in this topic please.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Mon Apr 23 2012, 06:17

Realistic posts.. Lol it's very realistic that we'll break away from the human rights acts any time soon and bring back national service!!

I think dog licensing is a good idea, you might say it'll be hard to enforce etc and it will be but the people who CARE about their dogs will get the licence in a heartbeat because it means there's less risk of havin your dog took away!!
If there was something more I could do to prove I was a responsible owner etc then I would do it and I think a lot of other owners on here would do it too.

One way to police it would be to have representatives keeping track of vet practices, every dog at some point is going to need a vet, and before vets see a dog they take down yours and your pets details too, any problems ie lapsed licence gets reported to the official. I agree it's a lot of effort on the governments part but they gonna hav the licence revenue to pay for it.

There's people in the country that drive with no insurance or MOT etc, but the rest of the population does comply, and there isn't a traffic cop on every street monitoring that!! Agreed they have cameras now to check tax discs etc but still the physical police presence is not there!

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by paul_75 Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:19

a chip is not going to stop a dog biteing someone, the type of people that they are ment to be going after wont worry about getting their dog chipped so whats the point? its easy enough for someone whos dog gets away and bites someone to say they sold it a few weeks ago
wee dont even microchip perverts yet dogs are the targets again?
and i dont like the thought of a dog licence either, this is just another form of tax, we are already taxed to death so i for one would not pay fot it, i am a responsible dog owner that looks after my dogs and makes sure they dont bother anyone, so why should i have to pay

paul_75
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:47

well said paul

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:52

*Karen* wrote:Realistic posts.. Lol it's very realistic that we'll break away from the human rights acts any time soon and bring back national service!!

there is a very big chance of getting rid of human right act and they always talking about brining sometype of national service so IT'S REALISTIC

*Karen* wrote:
I think dog licensing is a good idea, you might say it'll be hard to enforce etc and it will be but the people who CARE about their dogs will get the licence in a heartbeat because it means there's less risk of havin your dog took away!!
If there was something more I could do to prove I was a responsible owner etc then I would do it and I think a lot of other owners on here would do it too.

The dog licensing isn't going be cheap if they every brought one out, thye never will bring one out becasue it cant be enforce so it's pointless talking about it.

*Karen* wrote:One way to police it would be to have representatives keeping track of vet practices, every dog at some point is going to need a vet, and before vets see a dog they take down yours and your pets details too, any problems ie lapsed licence gets reported to the official. I agree it's a lot of effort on the governments part but they gonna hav the licence revenue to pay for it.

There's people in the country that drive with no insurance or MOT etc, but the rest of the population does comply, and there isn't a traffic cop on every street monitoring that!! Agreed they have cameras now to check tax discs etc but still the physical police presence is not there!

where is this money coming from to enforce this £20 a year from dog owner wont even touch the sides.....

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:04

National service won't help, it just gives the wrong people the wrong intelligence about weapons and combat etc, bad lads army which used to be on the tv did look to work quite well but that wasn't the same as national service you would have now.

To be honest you sound like you want to enforce some type of communist regime and your post always sound like its your way or nothing you're so quick to shoot down others ideas.

Licencing and micro chipping alone won't help but it's a small change in the right direction.

In theory the more you educate people about good and bad breeding and the correct manner to purchase dogs, the better.

If every new puppy had to have a licence, in theory people would stop buying un licenced pups because they would know it was illegal, so a back yard beeeders demand will drop hence supply should slow down.

Altho a back yard breeder wont comply directly, if the general public does, then they'll find they don't have a business.

Like I say, theoretically this is what should happen, theres always gonna be flaws to plan and people that'll just buy a pup because it's cheap!

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:06

there was a report in the daily telegraph on this subject on saturday(not that i read the paper,was on line)and they were saying £20.000 has been set aside to train up to enforce this!the government are having a laugh,that would'nt even pay one persons wage a year!the paper did go on to say about shutting down puppy farms and byb which i thought was good,we all know this is never gonna happen thou Sad
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:25

*Karen* wrote:National service won't help, it just gives the wrong people the wrong intelligence about weapons and combat etc, bad lads army which used to be on the tv did look to work quite well but that wasn't the same as national service you would have now.

national will help teach kid who been badly born up, it's only a matter of time before we have melt down in the uk soceity even police offaiers have said this. talking to kid, bring out silly thing that dont work soon or later there going be a national service to fix our problem there far to many people in this country that cant bring up kids and this is why we have a dog problem.

*Karen* wrote:To be honest you sound like you want to enforce some type of communist regime and your post always sound like its your way or nothing you're so quick to shoot down others ideas.

becasue i want national service i'm a communiist dont be silly we had national service and we wasn't a communist regime before, this is the only way of fixing our dog problem.

*Karen* wrote:Licencing and micro chipping alone won't help but it's a small change in the right direction.

i dont agree, licencing fail before so why is it going ot work now?

*Karen* wrote:In theory the more you educate people about good and bad breeding and the correct manner to purchase dogs, the better.

that what we are doing but there are alot of stupid people and dont want to learn or they know it all.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:22

Umm no wanting to take away people's human rights is a bit communist in my opinion not national service.

I agree some dont deserve them ie rapists or the like but we're talking about measures to solve the dog problem here.

I genuinely think a microchip and licence would help, not completely solve, but go some way to help - if it's the law then more people will be aware

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:33

did banning pirbull work? no it just made people breed types more.

papering over crack doesn't work we have sorted out what making the problem that us human.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down