Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall

5 posters

Go down

Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall Empty Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 17:34

Hi all
We arrived here today @ about 3, everyone settled inn (after a 5 hour drive) and unpacked www.dogs-holiday.com and its ok, the owner sue is an ex dog behaviourist , runs a doggie creche, and guess what ? Stafffies are welcome. Sue takes her own dogs from rescues that can never be rehomed so very dog friendly.
Have to be honnest and its not like living in the lap of luxury but a nice envronment. We've got the log burner brewing and Tilly has found her spot, out adventuring tomorrow , after we've been round the farm visiting all the animals, will put some pics on soon, I can keep in touch with you all as they have free wifi Smile

Unfortunately I have not got the luxury of my own pc and have to share a netbook with my daughter so it's over to Jenny now , speak to you al tomorrow Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall Empty Re: Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:17

sounds really good have a fab time and dont forget lots of pics

Smile

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall Empty Re: Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall

Post by janey Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:27

Sounds fab to me Smile Wish the weather was better for you! Happy Easter and enjoy Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:28

make sure u take plenty of photos for us

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 18:33

That sounds great, enjoy! looking forward to lots of pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:28

Sounds ideal to me, looking forward to all those pics. Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:39

Only on mobile at moment but tilly asleep on couch with her mummy in front of the fire tjink its going to work out alright. plus about an hour ago 2 moree staffss turned up looks like a staffy holiday camp

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:43

sounds like your gonna have a fab time,enjoy your easter hols Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:45

davemck3834 wrote:Only on mobile at moment but tilly asleep on couch with her mummy in front of the fire tjink its going to work out alright. plus about an hour ago 2 moree staffss turned up looks like a staffy holiday camp

Ummmmm a Staffy holiday camp now that sounds like somewhere well worth visiting... Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08 2012, 00:04

Hope you all have a good time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08 2012, 01:15

Hope it all goes ok for you - take some pics of Sue for me, I haven't seen her for many years!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08 2012, 08:03

bugger !! sat down this morning for 10 minutes to put sme pics on as we were out early this morning checking out the woods . Got no SD adaptor for our Sony camera with me , have to check out the shops later.
Tilly was woken this morning by the cockerels, every time they * a doodled it sent a shiver through her body so we checked them out on the way back from our walk and she realised they weren't big scarey beasts Smile and she was fascinated by the chipmunks in the cockerel pen Smile
Little bit cool here today but we are brave so going to track down a small barbie and get some meat, hope everyone else having agood easter and remember keep off them eggs until you've had your dinner !!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 08 2012, 10:45

Don't worry we can wait for the pics when you get back! Have a good barbie!

Have you met the other staffs yet? Hope you have a good Easter Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:58

No barbie today as the shops were shut so can't buy one Sad Been to the DF beach about 30mins ago it's great there but was quite busy so Tilly only off lead for a very short time. First successul trip to the seaside but she's so scared of the sea Smile
Just started to rain so looks like lager o clock has come

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 17:33

Hi everyone here's a few for the forum , Tilly had a great time , been to Land's End and 3 different doggie beaches , still really scared of the sea though (plus the Eden Project but she had to stay back at the cottage with mummy for that one as no dogs allowed Sad ) . We enjoyed it , Tilly loved it so we've cancelled the idea of Fuerteventura for the summer and booked another week at Boturnell, at least we can all be happy and not be worrying about Tilly being ok for 2 weeks. Big thanks to Caryll for the recommendation, as I've said before if you like a degree of elegance then it's not for you , if you want to be comfortable and the dog/s happy it's a great place. Nearest beach is 30 mins drive , great walks on site and really could not be more dog friendly.
Caryll here's the pic of your old school buddy Sue, a great host
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02756
And a few holiday snaps , didn't want to bore you all too much but the whole album is here

https://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/davemck3834/

Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC00302
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC00303
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC00311
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC00319
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02633
Chickens, Cockerels and Chipmunks Smile
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02654
and more beaches
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02687
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02711
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02712
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02734

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 14 2012, 17:45

So pleased you had a great time, off to go look at your album Smile

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 19:13

got some great pics of Tilly just wished she would go pounding off into the sea , that would have made it for me , but she is way too much of a wuss. What was good though was a massive increase in Staffy lovers in Cornwall, would say that we are down to maybe only 1 in 10 bad looks from the non believers Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 14 2012, 19:21

So pleased you had fun, we go to Norfolk and Moo is a great swimmer and loves it but still won't dive in the sea.

This has to be one of my favs (hope you don't mind)

Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC00338
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 19:32

Don't mind at all Janey Smile nice to see I'm not the only one to appreciate my girl . We really learnt something whilst we were away as she just looked so settled with the family together having proper family time and so sad when one of us was going out without her so we've rebooked for July, more beach time and hopefully some better bloody weather

Where do you go in Norfolk ?? anywhere good to recommend ??

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 14 2012, 20:05

I went to Hunstanton. Only been there once and going again this year. We stayed at the 'Wash and Tope' which is across the road from a dog friendly beach. It is a pub though, but still children/dog friendly. Moo ate her first Jellyfish, dead on the beach! Nice!

Always nice to explore and yes they do find a hearding instinct! I love spending time with Moo as I only have her fully 2 days a week, dog walkers have her Sad makes breaks away and time off special Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 14 2012, 20:30

Just checking out the Boturnell Farm Cottages website, which one did you stay in Dave, if I may ask??

The tariff looks very reasonable and may be thinking of staying there sometime in the not too distance future I hope.

Loving your holiday shots, like the last one best with Tilly on the sofa with the cushions, very classy Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 01:29

davemck3834 wrote:Caryll here's the pic of your old school buddy Sue, a great host
Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02756

Thanks Dave! I haven't seen Sue for about 25 years, but we've emailed from time to time. She was my best friend at secondary school.

davemck3834 wrote:Greetings from Boturnell Farm Liskeard Cornwall DSC02734

Love this pic!!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 10:30

looks like a lovely place for a holiday and great it's so dog friendly. I love that last pic of Tilly relaxing on the couch Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 19:51

Wow what great pics and the photos are fab of Tilly looks like a really good place to stay
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 19:54

Millie&Bella wrote:looks like a lovely place for a holiday and great it's so dog friendly. I love that last pic of Tilly relaxing on the couch Love Struck

She asked for the cushion , just to protect her modesty Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 20:01

janey wrote:

I went to Hunstanton. Only been there once and going again this year. We stayed at the 'Wash and Tope' which is across the road from a dog friendly beach. It is a pub though, but still children/dog friendly. Moo ate her first Jellyfish, dead on the beach! Nice!

Always nice to explore and yes they do find a hearding instinct! I love spending time with Moo as I only have her fully 2 days a week, dog walkers have her Sad makes breaks away and time off special Xx

Thanks Janey , visited Hunstanton couple oof years ago for th sealife sanctuary but that was about all. Looks like we have now decided where we go Tilly goes but shame we gave up our caravan, om the look out now for all the good DF accomodation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 20:12

kathytake2 wrote:Just checking out the Boturnell Farm Cottages website, which one did you stay in Dave, if I may ask??

The tariff looks very reasonable and may be thinking of staying there sometime in the not too distance future I hope.

Loving your holiday shots, like the last one best with Tilly on the sofa with the cushions, very classy Big Grin

We stayed in "The Swallows" this is the biggest one on the farm as it has a room downstairs (cellar bedroom with ensuite) and a twin bedroom (ensuite) plus the living room with 2 sofa beds. Just rebooked the "Roost" for July very similar standards, decor etc but living room with sofa beds and then an upstairs with a double and a single (all in one room) with bathroom. Sue was lovely and very DF but you must be prepared to travel , closest beach is 1/2 hr drive, Morrisons 20 mins, great walks on site. 1.5 hr drive to Landsend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 15 2012, 20:16

Thanks for that Dave I will have another look at their website now. thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sun Apr 15 2012, 20:29

Great photos Dave. You are a very lucky man to be surrounded by all those lovely girls (Tilly included) Big Grin

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 20:33

Thanks Lizzie, I only have eyes for one girl these days and I've seen her without the cushion Laughing ATM she is with her mummy , but I know which side of the bed she will settle on, likes her little 6am belly rub Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down