pre judging staffys!!!!

+2
janey
zackp2012
6 posters

Go down

pre judging staffys!!!! Empty pre judging staffys!!!!

Post by zackp2012 Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:05

i have just returned from a walk with my son and my staffie zack...part of is new routine thanks to the very helpful people on here!!....i get very annoyed when iam walkin my dog and i get nothing but funny looks off people or when people see what type of dog he is it really aggravates me!!!!some older lady was walking past him and really truned her nose up at him she looked at him and then give me a funny.we on many occasions have had people comment about what type of dog is well what they fink is .....i was once stood outside a shop waiting fo my partner and zack was sat down and a man came over to put something in the bin at the time we had another dog called susie a bordie collie and she barked he then looked at zack and went ooo there them nasty dogs!!!at this oint zack was on is back wriggling about for the man to tickle is belly!!!and he then decided to take it upon himself to tell me his opion on staffys!!! i really did feel like smackin im in the face!!!i thought dont always belive what u read in the paper i wouldnt mind but i later notice he was taking cig stumps out of the bin n smokin them!!!!!
zackp2012
zackp2012
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : zack
Dog(s) Ages : 3+
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

pre judging staffys!!!! Empty Re: pre judging staffys!!!!

Post by janey Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:24

*sigh*, there the ones that miss out on the Staffy loving at the end of the day Smile

Don't let stupid uneducated people get to you Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by zackp2012 Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:36

i know they just really aggravate me!!!i think dont pre judge my dog....but also the people what are giving staffys a bad name shouldnt be doing what they are doing!!!like dog fighting them and all the other cruel stuff i watch rspca resuce and it always staffys that are beinin miss treated and when they go resuce um there never nasty to the handlers!!
zackp2012
zackp2012

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : zack
Dog(s) Ages : 3+

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 14:36

Yes, they're the ones that lose out! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 23:36

There will always be those types of people try to not let it get to you

Back to top Go down

pre judging staffys!!!! Empty I HEAR YOU BUT MEDIA IS DRIVING THIS!

Post by vistion Fri May 11 2012, 11:27

I've been fostering abused, fought and scarred up "Pit Bulls" for years and have loved them all dearly. My heart absolutely aches when their healthy enough for showtime and the day comes to head back to the shelter to exchange my new best friend for another. I don't know why but I always try not to cry...it's never worked.

Health permitting, my foster dogs go pretty much everywhere go - including many places people typically don't take their dogs such as the store, the bank, restaurants (I only go places with outdoor seating), bars and so on. Further, I ride a motorcycle (for a dog it's like sticking their whole body out the window). So, I find myself engaged in dog related conversation with many different people daily. Most people are great, lots of smiles, questions about the breed, "thumbs-up" (when on bike), etc. so I'm at least more qualified than most to comment on this doggy zeitgeist.

I I have found that the people who have been conditioned to "hate" dogs because they happen to be the "wrong" breed, will consistently and passionately refer to themselves as "color-blind" and of course without "a racist bone in their body". This is absolutely dumbfounding to me.

MEDIA always blame the breed - never the deed. Hypocrites eat it up - mindlessly regurgitating whatever they've been spoon-fed while Media profits. In turn, what were once considered "nanny dogs" pay and pay and pay and pay!

If there were 750 dog bite reports in Detroit today and two of them were "those nasty dogs", media will report on the two every single time. No matter if the dogs were horribly abused, trained to be aggressive and or fought (which is almost always the case). Further, Media automatically refer to anything on four legs as "Pit Bull"and get away with it, assuming they've done something terrible!

Ah! I've got it! A simple and pragmatic solution...Poodle disguises! Yea - fluffy-puffy poodle disguises - complete with really silly French cuts!

Last edited by vistion on Fri May 11 2012, 12:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
vistion
vistion
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dog(s) Ages : Various (foster dogs)
Dog Gender(s) : Various (foster dogs)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:13

You are absolutely right, vistion! Welcome to the group! You should check out the Pit Bull and AmStaff sub forums and be sure to post some photos of some of your fosters!! Thank you for helping the breed! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 17:17

yeah good on you Vistion.. the world needs more angels like you! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by katie&enzo Sat Jun 09 2012, 12:32

I was down the park a couple of weeks ago, we walked past a few dogs and enzo was fine with them and the dogs owners were fine with enzo then we came up to this man with a huge newfoundland and the dog was giving enzo funny looks (we had enzo on the leader) all of a sudden the dog attacked enzo! so enzo lunged back at him not biting him just head butted it and the man went off it!! saying my dog should be muzzled and they should be banned then he said "give me the dog here and ill chuck it in the river" by this time i was fuming a said your dog attacked mine there was a few swear words in between that. I couldn't believe it!!
Then we took enzo to the vets for a check up and we walked out the room and this man had a labrador and he gave enzo a funny look. I'm sick to death of people like this gets me so annoyed wonder if he new his dog is the worst breed for attacking people staff's are just recognised because they have killed some people but to be honest any dog can attack in the wrong hands! Gets me so wound up. People like this will end up getting them banned which is wrong because staffy's are the most caring lovable dog's around! rant over ahh haha xx
katie&enzo
katie&enzo
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Enzo
Dog(s) Ages : 3 and half
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 13:02

vistion wrote:I've been fostering abused, fought and scarred up "Pit Bulls" for years and have loved them all dearly. My heart absolutely aches when their healthy enough for showtime and the day comes to head back to the shelter to exchange my new best friend for another. I don't know why but I always try not to cry...it's never worked.

Health permitting, my foster dogs go pretty much everywhere go - including many places people typically don't take their dogs such as the store, the bank, restaurants (I only go places with outdoor seating), bars and so on. Further, I ride a motorcycle (for a dog it's like sticking their whole body out the window). So, I find myself engaged in dog related conversation with many different people daily. Most people are great, lots of smiles, questions about the breed, "thumbs-up" (when on bike), etc. so I'm at least more qualified than most to comment on this doggy zeitgeist.

I I have found that the people who have been conditioned to "hate" dogs because they happen to be the "wrong" breed, will consistently and passionately refer to themselves as "color-blind" and of course without "a racist bone in their body". This is absolutely dumbfounding to me.

MEDIA always blame the breed - never the deed. Hypocrites eat it up - mindlessly regurgitating whatever they've been spoon-fed while Media profits. In turn, what were once considered "nanny dogs" pay and pay and pay and pay!

If there were 750 dog bite reports in Detroit today and two of them were "those nasty dogs", media will report on the two every single time. No matter if the dogs were horribly abused, trained to be aggressive and or fought (which is almost always the case). Further, Media automatically refer to anything on four legs as "Pit Bull"and get away with it, assuming they've done something terrible!

Ah! I've got it! A simple and pragmatic solution...Poodle disguises! Yea - fluffy-puffy poodle disguises - complete with really silly French cuts!

Nice post thumbs up and welcome to the forum , please find a little time in new member introductions to pop around and say hello Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jun 09 2012, 13:56

It is very depressing that only bad stories about our beloved breed ever seem to get reported about. I am fed up with reading it to be honest. I would love to read more happy Staffy stories.

Vistion you have given me back some hope though that there are good people out there somewhere. Thank you for brightning my day.

Bty hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 15:37

great post vistion. Thank goodness we live in a society that holds staffies in high regard. They are the third most popular breed for families here and seem to be gaining in popularity.

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 21:48

i used to get upset but now if someone mutters rude comments i turn to my dog and just say "stupid man/woman" ...if they give me a bad look i turn to trouble and say "what a good boy you are " and carry on walking with my head held high
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
pre judging staffys!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 10 2012, 09:49

roz w wrote:i used to get upset but now if someone mutters rude comments i turn to my dog and just say "stupid man/woman" ...if they give me a bad look i turn to trouble and say "what a good boy you are " and carry on walking with my head held high

That's the spirit thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10 2012, 10:29

Ty wrote:great post vistion. Thank goodness we live in a society that holds staffies in high regard. They are the third most popular breed for families here and seem to be gaining in popularity.

It's a shame we can't ship a few rescues over to you then Lynn Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down