What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public?

+3
standupforstaffies123
Kathy
Steve
7 posters

Go down

What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket0%What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket 0% 
[ 0 ]
What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket25%What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket 25% 
[ 13 ]
What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket35%What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket 35% 
[ 18 ]
What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket39%What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Pbucket 39% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 51

What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Empty What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public?

Post by Steve Wed Feb 08 2012, 11:49

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Empty Re: What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 11:51

I've voted to try & talk to them, but I'd also phone whichever agency I thought would be better - police/rspca (if they can be bothered)/dog warden etc, and then follow them home (at a discreet distance!).

Back to top Go down

What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Empty Re: What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 12:20

same as caryll but I think it also depends on the kind of person doing it, I can't say how I would really react but its silly to put your self in too much danger if the person threatens you or something. I'd like to think I could stop them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 12:23

I would also agree with Caryll although I have to say I've never seen it over here

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:28

Have never thankfully been in the situation but voted for talking to them try to calm them. Would then phone the appropriate organisation, police or whoever.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 22:26

Caryll wrote:I've voted to try & talk to them, but I'd also phone whichever agency I thought would be better - police/rspca (if they can be bothered)/dog warden etc, and then follow them home (at a discreet distance!).
ditto

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Thu Feb 16 2012, 22:39

Ive voted rough them up but to be perfectly honest I am not calm but not roughing them up either. I will probably get quite angry and say very loudly so a lot can hear, I HATE PEOPLE ABUSING THEIR DOGS and if they say things back I shall take great pleasure in having a lengthy argument on dog abuse!!!!! banghead
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Millie and Casey
Dog Gender(s) : Both girls
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeey Tue Mar 13 2012, 09:53

standupforstaffies123 wrote:Ive voted rough them up but to be perfectly honest I am not calm but not roughing them up either. I will probably get quite angry and say very loudly so a lot can hear, I HATE PEOPLE ABUSING THEIR DOGS and if they say things back I shall take great pleasure in having a lengthy argument on dog abuse!!!!! banghead

i voted the same, plus i am needing anger management.

but yesterday i saw a Old Man beating up his white staffy and Taz the guy doing it and ran towards them both and started growling and barking at him,

i didnt stop Taz because the mans dog looked like it could take no more of the beatings it was whining and crying at his owner beating him. felt so sorry for him Sad
lukeey
lukeey

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Taz
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:32

god luke, you should have took the dog off him, id have wanted to, id have had a right go at him so everyone could hear too
kate32
kate32

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:37

I would like to say I would confront the person, but you wouldn't know who you are dealing with. As for calling the police, I doubt they would come out there and then, so you'd have to secretly follow them home .. that could be a difficult situation ...

Luke, did you do anything about it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 08:44

same as Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Fri Mar 16 2012, 08:56

Done this before, talk and then act.
Been in two fights because of it.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What do you do if you see a dog getting abused in public? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:16

I would report it if I thought there was anyone who would do something about it. Stepping in at the time and managing to stop it is all very well, but someone who does that is going to do it again when they get home angry
canthavethat
canthavethat
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky, Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : March 2011, Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:55

I'd step in and take the dog off them, then phone the police to inform them of what I'd done, and take the dog to the rescue centre I volunteer at. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to do the same - I'd personally be willing to take the risk, and as I'm 6ft+ and 17 stone, I've probably got an advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01 2013, 23:22

It depends who it is. If it is a kid I very much would and have gone over and gone bananas at them but if it was an adult I would be more inclined to telephone someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down