gem
*Karen*
janey
standupforstaffies123
10 posters

Go down

Heyyy, I'm new! Empty Heyyy, I'm new!

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:38

wave Hi everynody, my name is Lauren and my auntie has s atffordshire bull terrier called casey. I am 12 and casey is only a year or two younger than me so i have practically grown up with her. I myself own a labradorxcolliexlots of other breeds called Millie, she is a rescue and her and casey love each other. Hoiwever, my auntie was in hospital for a logn period not so long back and because her son was at work from about 3 in the afternoon until sometimes 11 at night, I looked after casey every day. and I loved it, she has a lot of allergies, so caring for her included giving her her tablets and bathing her paws in her ointment and giving her treats afterwards. I have looked after casey most of my life and when she goes to the vets i jump at the chance to go because I want to be a vet so its very interesting and staffies are my favourite breeds so its really good to go and see what my future career might involve. I used to be on this site but then my laptop was broken for ages and i didnt have access to the internet and i forgot my password and username, so here i am starting fresh. I wasnt on here for very long previously so it would be great if you could give me any advice and tell me abit about yourselves because you will most likely be seeing a lot more of me! I look forward to joining you! thanks;)
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Millie and Casey
Dog Gender(s) : Both girls
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Heyyy, I'm new! Empty Re: Heyyy, I'm new!

Post by janey Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:41

Hi & Heyyy, I'm new! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Heyyy, I'm new! Icon_arrow Make a Donate to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:46

Hi Lauren you sound great at looking after your auntie's dog, do you have any pictures of her and your own dog to show us?
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:46

Hi lozza pleased your back with us and great to hear your such a help to your furry freinds and a vet when you grow up wow it will be hard work but so rewarding Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:49

What a lovely introduction .... Welcome from Zac and me Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:51

hi lauren by the sounds of it you will be a very good vet and your dog and your auntie's dog are very lucky to have you to look after them,you are doing a very resonsable job giving them tablets and taking good care of them,well done you,hi from me and sasha Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:54

Hi Janey, I have took the poll, thanks very much for the information.

Hi Karen, awww thank you! and yeah i have lots of pics, when i get the chance, i will put a pic on my profile pocture because not quite sure how to show you a few!

Hi gem, thanks and I know! In science at the minute we're doing biology and weve just had a big science test and im trying as hard as i can, especially in maths (which we have also had a test in) and english! I m trying really hard so that i can carry on to become a vet. I know it will be worth it!
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 21:55

Thank you Irene and Zac!Smile
Hi stella, thank you very much! and you too sasha! Is that sasha in your pic??
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:00

yes that's my girl!you keep up with all your hard work and you'll make a great vet,good luck with your tests applause
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:03

Thank you stella, I have the highest expewcted lvel in science and english and second highest in maths so hoping to do well, fingers crossed. And your dog is absolutely....................GORGEOUS!! I'm in love! l-o-v-e Big Grin
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:12

thank you,let us know how you get on,my son is going science and maths in 6th form,he's hoping to go to uni next year,def fingers crossed for you x
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:19

Thank you lots! And I hope your son does very well I wish him luck!x
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:49

I've uploaded a pic of Casey, that's her in my profile pic!x
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:52

Very cute Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 01:57

Hi and welcome from us and Suki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 06 2012, 09:55

Hi Lozza and welcome back to the forum from Rocky and me.

Our dog Rocky is from Woodgreen Animal Shelter and he came to live with us just before Christmas 2010. He is a real character with loads of personality. Cuddles are his most favourite thing along with chicken and carrots.

If you would like to become a vet when you are older it may be an idea to go into your local vet and ask to speak to one of the nurses or vets there. They will be able to tell you what things you would need to study and how long it will take.

It sounds like you have all the right qualities to do it along with learning all the skills needed you will become a very worthy asset to any veterinary practice.

Good luck with it all.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 11:19

Hi & welcome!

standupforstaffies123 wrote:Hi gem, thanks and I know! In science at the minute we're doing biology and weve just had a big science test and im trying as hard as i can, especially in maths (which we have also had a test in) and english! I m trying really hard so that i can carry on to become a vet. I know it will be worth it!

My daughter is currently doing biology A level, and believe me, it's hard! BUT she finds it really interesting, so that helps a bit. Good luck with your studies, I hope you make a really good vet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 11:32

hi lauren. hope all goes well for you at school. you will be doing your work experience ina a year or so have you thought of maybe asking a vets practise or a dog rescue centre if you can help out a bit and maybe join them for the owrk experience. even some pet shops let you help out. you sound like a big help to your auntie and we all look forward to seeing your pictures. keep us updated on how you do at school with your tests and exams. you sound like a great kid we would all love to help out in any way we can. the 2 in my picture by the way are Lottie (the big girl) and Lemmy (the little man) we got Lemmy when he was 8 weeks old and we got Lottie last October from a rescue centre.

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Mon Feb 06 2012, 16:32

Thanks Janey!Smile

Thank you jstaff and Suki!

Thank you for the advice kathytake2! I will definetly do that! Millie loves chicken but hates carrots unless they're mixed in with her dog food! By the way Rocky is beautiful!

Thank you Caryll! And good luck for your daughter!Smile

Hi Julie! First of all Lottie and Lemmy are beautiful by the way! And I've tried volunteering at kennels and pet shops etc but they say I'm too young.Sad but my friend and I are really looking forward to doing this thing for dogs trust. I'm going to make a topic explaining it, I'm going to call the topic, dogs trust.x
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 06 2012, 16:36

Looking out for it Wink
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Mon Feb 06 2012, 17:39

Hi Lozza and welcome from me and Dora wave I'm a first time puppy mum and I'm loving it. It's sometimes a challenge but it is so rewarding when you see your training paying off Smile
Good luck with your studies, I did Biology A-Level - I really enjoyed it! I think being a vet would be fab but I'm way too squeamish Smile I'm now an artist and jewellery designer.
I'm hoping to do a painting of my pup Dora as soon as I get a good enough photo of her.

alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Heyyy, I'm new! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 18:03

Hey welcome to the forum from me and my two vinnie n skye! Smile
Your avatar pik is very cute!! Smile .. i am also training to become a vet, i studied 5years in college in animal care courses, its a long process but if you get somewhere at the end of it then its all worth it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:13

Finally,science test completed! Phew!

Finally got on my computer Janey so im making that topic now! Wink
Hi alex and Dora! By the way Dora, is completely gorgeous! I hope youre enjoying being a puppy mum! Although Millie wasnt a pup when she came to us it is very rewarding to see that she has more confidence now that she has been trained!Wink Were A-levels hard or easy! And wow! Good luck with the painting and it sounds like a really good career you have going there! Im terrible at art but I love drawing dogs and lions. I'd say thats what im quite okay at in art!Big Grin

standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:16

Hey Kelly, I have always loved the name Skye for a dog and Vinnie is a really cute name too! Thanks, I love your avatar pic too!Wink Wow! I hope I turn out to be good at it! Im quite hapy actually because one of the teachers at my school (Head of Behaviour and Exclusions and stuff-not too nice!) has looked through some kids records and chose me and some others to do this course were we learn about what we need to do for certain jobs because he said we all have the potential to go to uni which i am thrilled about!!! I ope it pays off!
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:53

welcome to the forum from Me (Meg) and my boy (Russell)
you sound like such a motivated person with a great cause! I hope you achieve everything you want and you sound like you are very switched on so I am betting you will!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Tue Feb 07 2012, 01:21

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 03:34; edited 1 time in total

Pado
Heyyy, I'm new! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07 2012, 09:16

Hi and welcome Lauren and Millie. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Tue Feb 07 2012, 12:05

standupforstaffies123 wrote:
Hi alex and Dora! By the way Dora, is completely gorgeous! I hope youre enjoying being a puppy mum! Although Millie wasnt a pup when she came to us it is very rewarding to see that she has more confidence now that she has been trained!Wink
Thank you Lozza, we think she is gorgeous too Smile I'm really enjoying being a puppy mum. As it is my first time owning a dog it is really nice to start with a puppy. I feel like I have learned so much about dog training and behaviour since we've had her, though I know I still have lots to learn! I wouldn't have been confident starting out with an older dog. I think it would be nice to rescue a dog once Dora is older. Sounds like you have done well with Millie Smile
standupforstaffies123 wrote: Were A-levels hard or easy!
Well I think what is hard about A-Levels is the workload - there is a lot of work to do. I Studied Art (grade A) Biology (grade B) and French (grade C). And I think these days you have to take more than 3 subjects...? Unlike you I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was older so I chose subjects I enjoyed rather than ones towards a particular career. I could have worked harder and got better grades, but I wasn't anywhere near as motivated as you seem to be. If you are prepared to put the work in you will do well at A-Levels I'm sure. It sounds like you are prepared to work hard so I'm sure you will do well at A-Levels.
standupforstaffies123 wrote: And wow! Good luck with the painting and it sounds like a really good career you have going there!
Thanks! I've been learning recently how to paint in oils (normally I paint in acrylics) I really want to try painting my pup in oils as I think the end result will look better. Dora doesn't sit still for long so I would have to work from a photo I think. I've yet to chose one I like enough though - I'll have to get snapping Smile
alexiastra
alexiastra
Heyyy, I'm new! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Tue Feb 07 2012, 18:44

Thank you so much Meg and Russell and Russell is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Pado!

Thanks Alex, she was quite young but still not a pup but it was harder, However, shes quite bright and picked things up easily which was good!Wink Thanks for the informaton about A-levels. At my school you can choose 2 languages (french and either spanish, german, manderrin or another i think) then you have to take the usual, English, Maths, Science and Ep (Ehtichs and Philosophy, religious education) and for my extra-curricular im going take animal care and possibly PE and art as you get three choices. And Im sure that will look great. Im not an expert in Art but the other day when I was doing art, there was a sixth former doing a picture from a photo of herself. I wouldnt have a clue what she was using to do the pic!Wink
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Wed Feb 08 2012, 11:44

standupforstaffies123 wrote:Thanks for the informaton about A-levels. At my school you can choose 2 languages (french and either spanish, german, manderrin or another i think) then you have to take the usual, English, Maths, Science and Ep (Ehtichs and Philosophy, religious education) and for my extra-curricular im going take animal care and possibly PE and art as you get three choices. And Im sure that will look great. Im not an expert in Art but the other day when I was doing art, there was a sixth former doing a picture from a photo of herself. I wouldnt have a clue what she was using to do the pic!Wink
Blimey, that's a lot of subjects and interesting subjects too. Guess things have changed more since my day than I realised! You have much more choice than I had.
I think you should do art if you enjoy it as it uses different parts of the brain to others subjects and can be a welcome change to academic stuff Smile
alexiastra
alexiastra
Heyyy, I'm new! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:41

Thanks Alex. I will probably definetly do Art because, I do love working hard to try and get good grades and things but its nice to do something different. Every night, when Ive finished homework, had tea etc I take Millie for along walk with her toy and she loves it and I do too!Wink
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:22

Welcome from me and the boys! Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Thu Feb 09 2012, 08:08

Thank you Ben! Your boys are gorgeous! The white one looks especially like Casey when she was a pup!Wink
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 08:17

sorry i missed this, hello and welcome from me and billy, looking forward to seeing lots of pics of your girls

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Thu Feb 09 2012, 15:08

Thank you Lynne and Billy! Billy is gorgeous by the way!!!!!!x
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down