watching- my dog is a wepon

2 posters

Go down

watching- my dog is a wepon Empty watching- my dog is a wepon

Post by Taryn Sun Jan 29 2012, 19:59

so i managed to find this UK doc. about the use of dogs in the uk as wepons on the streets. i'll update this post as i watch it. if any of you vave seen it let me know what you think.
if you havent seen it and wish to, you cant watch it on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6jIJz93J28

-so i'm watching part 4 of 6 now. had to take a break to take Romeo for his walk. and after seeing some of the horror these poor dogs go through, and at the same time how ignorent some owners are of how dangerous they have made their dogs. I dont think there is anything wrong with say having a dog trained with schutzhund, but i mean correctly trained in other words being able to give the call to let go and that dog lets go, and using them for protection, not for being a monster.

Last edited by Romeo on Sun Jan 29 2012, 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

watching- my dog is a wepon Empty Re: watching- my dog is a wepon

Post by Skullkandi Sun Jan 29 2012, 21:30

You know what, sometimes I can see where these people are coming from. All the ignorant hype "these dogs are dangerous!" etc etc, and people just loose patience and go, "You want dangerous? THIS is DANGEROUS!" And then unleash the hounds.
I've snapped at a few people in this manner as well, but it's just like: SHUT THE F**K UP!
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
watching- my dog is a wepon Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Jan 29 2012, 21:52

i know the feeling of safty. i used to have it when ever i was walking one of our full grown staffs... not so much Romeo Laughing since he's just a baby and everyone 'normally' gushes over him.
i believe there is nothing wrong with having your dog correctly trained for protection, but not like some of those kids at the start where the dog was almost feral.
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Sun Jan 29 2012, 23:07

Romeo wrote:i know the feeling of safty. i used to have it when ever i was walking one of our full grown staffs... not so much Romeo Laughing since he's just a baby and everyone 'normally' gushes over him.
i believe there is nothing wrong with having your dog correctly trained for protection, but not like some of those kids at the start where the dog was almost feral.

Thank you for this! Junior is correctly protection trained, but a lot of people I've noticed think it's cowardly to have such a trained dog. I don't hide behind him either. But it's a feeling of safeness to have a correctly trained and confident dog with you.
Love Staffs :3 Did you know they're known as "mini molossers"? SO CUTE
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
watching- my dog is a wepon Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content