Bad News For Blondy

2 posters

Go down

Bad News For Blondy Empty Bad News For Blondy

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 00:43

Bugger
She was great last night she ate she drank she played. she was also great this after noon, went out for a few hours walking the adults came back in the evening, she was whining alot trying to urinate but nothing happened whining when she tried and when she did go it had blood clots init, within half hour she went lathargic got her to the vets within ten minutes good thing its sunday night uh! massive infection which started out as UTI spread to her other organs, apparently in most cases UTI isn't found until its too late because their no symptoms. so now she's still at the vets on intravenous antibiotics but the fact that she went down so suddenly isn't so good and her hernia has expanded, which she was supposed to have fixed next week when she is 12 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Bad News For Blondy Empty Re: Bad News For Blondy

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 01:25

Oooooo no i hope she ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 01:58

Just have to wait for the vet to call me now i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 07:13

Oh No!! poor Blondy. Fingers crossed for you that she recovers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 10:31

Oh, poor little thing!

Lots of cyber hugs & cyber prayers winging their way to you right now. Let us know how she gets on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:12

they got her stable and they want me to take bring her home until tomorrow when i'll go to my actually vets because they emergency vets can not hold her there so after this afternoon its on me till tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:28

what vet in there right mind would send a seriously sick puppy home for the day they should be keeping her in untill she can be moved to your reguler vets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:30

Can't you get her to your own vets today?

I know, from personal experience, that the emergency vets can only keep animals while they are actually there, and can't hand them over to the normal vet. I had to do the same with Dempsey (they always get ill over the weekend, right?), but we collected him first thing monday morning & took him straight to my own vet who admitted him straight away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:42

hope blondy pulls through

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 12:10

she isn't seriousely ill anymore her white blood count is down meaning the antibiotics are working, i have to take her temperature hourly and if it rises i'll call the vet so she can come out, my vet can not take her till tomorrow both vets know me and know my qualifications when working down the kennels i administer insulin in diabetic dogs, gave vaccinations and microchipping i know what im doing when it comes to animals. Its people i don't understand or wish to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 12:16

MissRogue wrote:she isn't seriousely ill anymore her white blood count is down meaning the antibiotics are working, i have to take her temperature hourly and if it rises i'll call the vet so she can come out, my vet can not take her till tomorrow both vets know me and know my qualifications when working down the kennels i administer insulin in diabetic dogs, gave vaccinations and microchipping i know what im doing when it comes to animals. Its people i don't understand or wish to.

ah sure you don't need to go to the vets then, you can sort her yourself, well done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 12:37

vets tomorrow i can't get ahold of antibiotics myself, unless your being sarcastic if so thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh46137 Mon Nov 22 2010, 16:06

Hope all goes well...
leigh46137
leigh46137
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 16:09

she's home now sleeping on the sette actually no now she's beating her sister up lol no now she fell off the sette lmao she looks so shocked when she does that as if she was pushed like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 17:10

Glad she's home and recovering well

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Nov 22 2010, 20:45

Hope blondy is better soon
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 01:48

Well she seems fine in herself just putting her to bed now, walking the adults then im off to bed got early morning at the vets

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 12:39

£178.11 for a medicated food which i must feed with rice twice aday, liquid medication (loxicom) 0.5 ml a day and two (Marbocyl) tablets a day for a week. I have my work cut out for me but she is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 12:43

MissRogue wrote:£178.11 for a medicated food which i must feed with rice twice aday, liquid medication (loxicom) 0.5 ml a day and two (Marbocyl) tablets a day for a week. I have my work cut out for me but she is fine.

thats a bit steep, but it has to be got i suppose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 12:44

Poor little thing, hope the meds kick in soon & she starts to feel a lot better.

Vets are SO expensive, do have insurance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 13:00

Pet health plan with my vets £10 a months and thats year round treatment but only treatments like worming/fleaing/vaccination/health checks/nail clippings etc not accidents or sudden illnesses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 13:08

Wow, that sounds expensive for just the ordinary little things like worming etc. My bills for those per year would only be about £75 (although I look after his nails myself), so £10 a month seems a lot.

I get full health cover (although that excludes worming, flea treatment, nail clipping, vaccinations) for a little over £13 pm. Mine is up to £7500 per illnes for life. Plus of course the 3rd party insurance just in case my dog causes an accident or damages someone's property.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 13:58

Caryll wrote:Wow, that sounds expensive for just the ordinary little things like worming etc. My bills for those per year would only be about £75 (although I look after his nails myself), so £10 a month seems a lot.

I get full health cover (although that excludes worming, flea treatment, nail clipping, vaccinations) for a little over £13 pm. Mine is up to £7500 per illnes for life. Plus of course the 3rd party insurance just in case my dog causes an accident or damages someone's property.

i pay £17 a month for £12000 per illness for life and million quid of 3rd party insurance
+i payed £99 for jabs for life £30 a year for worm and flea (but dont cover for the advocate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 14:14

bigwazza wrote:
+i payed £99 for jabs for life £30 a year for worm and flea (but dont cover for the advocate)

Yes, see, I wouldn't need that much for worm/flea treatment because I only de-flea when there's a problem. Otherwise, I leave well alone! The £99 for life vaccinations is good, though. Wish my vet did that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 14:31

Carryl, Wazza, who are you insured with? I've been lookingat insurance for Charlie, havent got a clue really!! Not sure what I want to be covered for and what is deemed a fair price. I'm hoeless with this kind of thing but def wouldn't be able to afford expenses at the vets!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 14:39

I'm with Sainsbury's. I was with Marks & Spencer, but when the renewal came through they wanted to double the premium because I'd claimed off them! I'm expecting the same with Sainsbury's, but will probably stay with them cause it's a moot point as to whether Dempsey's bloat could be considered a pre-existing condition should it happen again.

I went for the premium one, because I wanted the higher vet cover (Bullies are known to eat things they shouldn't!) plus I wanted the higher 3rd party, just in case Dempsey should bite someone (unlikely, but possible), injure another dog in a fight (quite likely) or cause an accident.

Always make sure that the amount for each illness is for life - ie, it won't stop after 1 year, even if the condition continues.

Last edited by Caryll on Tue Nov 23 2010, 22:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23 2010, 22:23

I didnt check Sainsburys, I'll go online for a quote. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down