Fraud victim

Go down

Fraud victim Empty Fraud victim

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 13:44

A while ago I got a letter from the DSS office to say that my national insurance number had been flagged for fraudulant claims. Had a guy come to the house to see me and take a statement to say it wasnt my signature I have never lived in Devon or Surrey and that I had not made the claims. Turns out someone in the DSS head office in London had got into the system at work and sold off hundreds of numbers and identities to some crime ring and they had been making claims for maternity allowance etc with them. My number had been used so now I have to go through some big check list to make sure it is actualy me when I need to do anything that involves my NH number. Pain in the backside.

Got a letter this morning to say 6 people will be in court in March and the case should last about 6 weeks and that they dont know if I will be called as a witness but if I was they would keep the time I was needed to a minimum. Hope they dont need me cos the case is being held in the courts in London and I wouldnt be paying for the fare or the over night stay that it would involve plus I wouldnt be going on my own so there would be 2 of us to pay for. Imagine how many people have been affected by this it would cost the tax payers a fortune for the case and everyone involved then to pay for the witnesses to be there. My god as if we havent got enough to pay for.

Back to top Go down

Fraud victim Empty Re: Fraud victim

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 14:27

That's awful Julie hope they get long sentences can't stand this kind of thing
People lives get ruined cause of things like this, ask Janey she had her stolen just recently

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 14:29

It's disgusting! Those details were supposed to be safe. I remember reading about a DSS hacking problem, but I don't think it affected me, tg.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 14 2012, 15:26

Went through it before christmas Sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:04

Horrible for you Julie. Dont they over compensation if you are called as a witness? (Lynne: It is getting too creepy now...reading Julie's post my first words are 'That's awful Julie..')

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:14

Ty wrote: (Lynne: It is getting too creepy now...reading Julie's post my first words are 'That's awful Julie..')

seriously you 2 its getting really creepy now are you adopted by any chance. you could be secret sibblings Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:15

people that do that sort of thing should have a hand chopped off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:17

well i hope they let me know the outocme of the case so long i feel justice has been served

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 20:55

God that's awful Julie. I don't know what the hell some people are thinking when they pull stunts like this!!!

I hope it all gets sorted with the minimum amount of inconvenience to you and I hope the idiots that have been doing it get a harsh punishment. Knowing our justice system though, that's not likely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down