My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding

+2
janey
jigerstar
6 posters

Go down

My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding Empty My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding

Post by jigerstar Mon Jan 09 2012, 18:38

My staffy has been chewin a lot on wood tables and chew toys his teeth are falling out and bleeding but his not reacting to it or whining is he okay should I be worried because his bleeding a lot I wiped the blood away and washed his face his clean now but still bleeding I can see his lost quiet a few teeth but his walking around like "I'm fine owner Smile" tail wagging and everything.
jigerstar
jigerstar
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Royce
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : -16

Back to top Go down

My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding Empty Re: My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding

Post by janey Mon Jan 09 2012, 18:45

He could be teething but I've never heard it to be like that! Vets I'd say
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding Empty Re: My staffy pup's teeth are falling out and his bleeding

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 18:58

when lemmy was teething his gums sometimes would bleed a bit while chewing things but if its a lot of blood i would go to the vets to be on the safe side

Back to top Go down

Post by paul/beau Mon Jan 09 2012, 19:11

try him with a few ice cubes
paul/beau
paul/beau
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Beau
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:41

How old is your dog? Ty's teeth started to fall out just before he reached 5 months. There was a little blood but if your dog has lots then best go to vets as said before.
Jon
Jon

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Tue Jan 10 2012, 08:08

It depends how old your dog is. Maska bled quite a bit with teething, nothing to the extent of having to wipe his face, but there was a lot of blood in his mouth and on his toys. It did stop after about 10 minutes though. If your dog keeps on bleeding I suggest you take him to the vet. Maybe his blood is not clotting quick enough.
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:45

A little blood on toys or whatever they're chewing on is normal when teething, but it's usually just a "showing" of blood in the mouth and gets smeared on what they are chewing ... proper bleeding dosent sound quite right to me Sad

Are you doing any rough games of tug or anything like that ?
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by jigerstar Tue Jan 10 2012, 17:09

No I don't play rough with him at all his fragile I would crush him lol but his bleeding has stopped his only 15 weeks old the bleeding lasts for 10 mins as well his just losing his teeth I found out they have milk teeth then just before they hit 6 months there teeth will fall out and they get there permanent teeth and it's nothing to worry about I was actually on the verg of calling a Vet at 3 am at night because of the amount of blood but it was his teeth coming out his perfectly fine now his sleeping next to me snoring a mile away the beautiful burger as for my wolf hybrid pup his losing his teeth as well but my staffy and him get along which is great.
jigerstar
jigerstar

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Royce
Support total : -16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 15:07

I hardly noticed Ty losing teeth. Saw odd bits of blood on chewies but cant say he ever lost teeth at the rate you describe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 19:46

jigerstar wrote:No I don't play rough with him at all his fragile I would crush him lol but his bleeding has stopped his only 15 weeks old the bleeding lasts for 10 mins as well his just losing his teeth I found out they have milk teeth then just before they hit 6 months there teeth will fall out and they get there permanent teeth and it's nothing to worry about I was actually on the verg of calling a Vet at 3 am at night because of the amount of blood but it was his teeth coming out his perfectly fine now his sleeping next to me snoring a mile away the beautiful burger as for my wolf hybrid pup his losing his teeth as well but my staffy and him get along which is great.

So have you got some pictures of Royce and your "Wolf Hybrid" together be nice to see some and see how they are getting along Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down