dog registation? Pbucket50%dog registation? Pbucket 50% 
[ 1 ]
dog registation? Pbucket50%dog registation? Pbucket 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

dog registation? Empty dog registation?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2012, 23:15

here in NZ it like $128 dollars a year to register your dog... just for the right to own a dog!
if you dont register your dog the ranger comes round with the police and siezes it .... they do that often and often put articled in the local rag saying stuff like "x amount of dogs were seized this month most owners coughing up registration and xtra fees for hold dog blah blah"
My question is "WTF"

1.What sevices am i getting for that huge fee....

2.Why dont i get a discount for having well behaved dogs who have never been picked up and having a doggy safe property and healthy loved dogs

3.Why do cats not have to be registerd.... they wonder all over everyones properety digging up and crapping in your garden.....(Cat crap is toxic to pregnant women doggie poo isnt)

(in my town there is a large population of wild cats that live at the local park from idiots dumping unwanted cats there all the time)

i could have a cat,llama,sheep,goat,rat,possum, all without having to pay anything to anyone...
Why are dog owners being targeted in this way.
Isnt that extortion?
Isnt that revenue gathering?

If i dont pay my dogs will be seized by council with the police and put to death.
If i resist i will be aressted!

Does anyone know how to fight this bulls*t.
It must stop.
Why are good dog owners being persecuted....
People are to scared and stupid to speak up about it.
Not Me!
What can i do... who do i see about it. help us DECENT dog owners people and point me in the right direction.
Enough is enough!

Back to top Go down

dog registation? Empty Re: dog registation?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08 2012, 23:50

I can't really answer that question because we don't have a registration system like that in the UK.

I totally agree with your views, though. It does seem very discriminatory.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:07

I voted yes only because in england the dog situation is at crisis point and I would pay whatever it took for a better system to be implimented to help animals have a homes they deserve. To me its a bit steep Surprised and seems unfair that law abiding people will have to pay to police this but if it would end the persicution of our pets then it would be worth it Sad
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:14

I must admit that I would be against that sort of cost - what about people who can't afford it? The elderly, those on low incomes? Do they have to live without the companionship of a loved dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:18

Charging every one $128 per year does absoultly nothing to stop dog cruelty ... nothing at all. Unless your dog runs away you will never see the dog ranger... never..... i have asked my dog ranger many times to come to my house to make sure my dogs are healthy and have a safe place to live... he refuses.... they only go to your house if there are complaints... that is * poor service... there job is to police dog owners to stop abuse....
if 5000 people pay $128 per year that is $780,000 per year... what does that money get spent on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:24

iamsarge wrote:Charging every one $128 per year does absoultly nothing to stop dog cruelty ... nothing at all. Unless your dog runs away you will never see the dog ranger... never..... i have asked my dog ranger many times to come to my house to make sure my dogs are healthy and have a safe place to live... he refuses.... they only go to your house if there are complaints... that is * poor service... there job is to police dog owners to stop abuse....
if 5000 people pay $128 per year that is $780,000 per year... what does that money get spent on?

That's the problem of course - any legislation is only as good as the enforcement. If there is no enforcement then it's no good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:36

its just legislated extortion

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 09 2012, 00:45

[quote="iamsarge"]Charging every one $128 per year does absoultly nothing to stop dog cruelty ... nothing at all. Unless your dog runs away you will never see the dog ranger... never..... i have asked my dog ranger many times to come to my house to make sure my dogs are healthy and have a safe place to live... he refuses.... they only go to your house if there are complaints... that is * poor service... there job is to police dog owners to stop abuse....

[/quote
When put in that sence then you are wronged and exploited but if the system worked and the people who mistreat animals by over breeding and cruelty were found out by the fact that we all paid a fair (like I said yours is very steep) to police every owner of a dog then I would happily pay into that system to end the suffering and neglect of other dogs my thoughts are to get tough on the low life but unfortunatly someone will have to pay for that .
I dont agree whats happening in your country and couldnt help your dilema just saying how bad england is and maybe a system like this would put off people who get a dog without really thinking about it and breeding the poor things to death for pure greed Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Mon Jan 09 2012, 01:49

I want to say that here in my city we don't really have reistration, we have licenses, that we have to obtain.
You will not be subject to a $60 fine for failure to license your dog or cat.
If your animal has a current city license, you will not have to pay a $25 penalty if the pet is ever taken to the pound (you will still be responsible for the $35 impound fee and boarding fees).
If your animal is wearing a current city license, community service officers will try to return the pet to you before taking it to the pound.

the cost of these are $2.50/year if they are spayed and $4.50/year if not. and all dogs/cats even if indoors must have them. But we also donot have someone who checks on it, unless obviously they get loose. as you can see tho, ours are not horribly priced, and have major benifits. So i would have to vote yes to what we pay.

wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
dog registation? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 02:21

the people who mistreat animals normally dont register them... so having a large fee to deter is criminal.... as far as i know dog laws come under council bylaws.... same part of the law as recycling..... you can be fined if yu constsntly mix recycling in with household refuse.... they just dont use the police to enforce..... they use the police because people wont hand over there dogs to the animal control people and get violent.... if i could buy a license then it would be fine... then id only have to buy a tag once a year... that is not the case.... it all comes down to revenue gathering.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Derby001 Mon Jan 09 2012, 03:16

Our local council in Melbourne, Aus charges us $33/yr. The most you can pay is $99 if you have a restricted dog.
They say those who register their animals have an increased likelihood of being reunited with a lost pet, as your animal will be wearing a tag and be microchipped. (compulsory)
Expert advice in animal matters.
7 days a wk after hours service.
Professional ranger services.
Lead free parks to exercise dogs.
Sounds good to me for only $33.
Derby001
Derby001
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jagger
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 06:35

Again i can't answer, i live in the UK. But that seems a little bit much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 08:37

We do have dog lisencing here but is different for each local council. I have no objection to paying as it is not a huge amount. However I see all points raised and it is an interesting debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jan 09 2012, 09:04

Try asking your questions to the local council or whoever is it. Do you have a local MP (Member of Parliament) or a Mayor. Have you tried asking any of these people ?

It does seem unfair at least that you are not getting any service for a payment paid. Do you have any registration documents with a contact address on to write. Put your questions to whoever has implimented the fee.

We do not have this in the UK at the moment.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jan 09 2012, 09:23

gem wrote:.
I dont agree whats happening in your country and couldnt help your dilema just saying how bad england is and maybe a system like this would put off people who get a dog without really thinking about it and breeding the poor things to death for pure greed Sad

it wouldn't work in the uk because bad owners wouldn't pay for it i doubt i would also this wouldn't help our problem, it just papering over the crack only way of fixing our problem is fixing the society because no one care about anybody or anything.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 09:42

The price of it does seem a bit steep when your not getting anything for it. When I was younger we had dog licensing in the uk but they got rid of it because it was never enforced and hardly anyone bothered to get it. I don't see how it helps at all, responsible people get them, irresponsible people wouldn't bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum