River running down the road

4 posters

Go down

River running down the road Empty River running down the road

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 21:45

i dont think there are enough drains on our road. its a good job its on a hill with a run off storm drain going into the reservoir at the bottom or there would be some flooding round these parts. the rain has been coming down pretty severely for the last couple of days and the wind blowing it makes it hurt when it hits you. anyway as i said there arent enough drains so the water runs down the road like a river today. matthew just took lottie out and she saw all this running water and well GAME I dont want to s ON she is now sulking cos she had to come home instead of playing and had to be dried Straight Face

Back to top Go down

River running down the road Empty Re: River running down the road

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 21:47

i just read the title of this and it sounds like the dog RIVER is running down the road Laughing she isnt its the water

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 21:59

_julie_ wrote:i just read the title of this and it sounds like the dog RIVER is running down the road Laughing she isnt its the water

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We don't get any flooding here, we're too high, but parts of Northampton can get it quite badly. Dempsey used to be terrified of water, but since he discovered that the lake's a good place to have fun he's changed. I'm waiting to see what he's like with the serious puddles - we've not really had any yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Jan 04 2012, 22:00

_julie_ wrote:i just read the title of this and it sounds like the dog RIVER is running down the road Laughing she isnt its the water

Thought the exact same! Laughing Hope it doesn't cause serious problems.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Jan 04 2012, 22:14

Ledger was sulking because I forced him out in the driving rain for his walk (well I was already soaked from walking back from thai boxing so it made sense not to wait) and the paths in the park behind me were flooding then but now the wind is absolutely howling and he is sat on my shoulder making a feeble attempt at crying
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 08:37

the weather has been really bad so far this year, poor lottie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 09:01

Zulick my previous boy used to love splashing in puddles and would make a beeline for them when out walking. Ty is the same as Lottie, He chases the storm water running down in the gully's on the side of the roads. Takes of at the rate of knots after the water (on leash) with me running behind. When the water disappears down the drain, he stares after it all forlorn.

Back to top Go down

Post by flame Thu Jan 05 2012, 09:22

Laughing i had to double check this post, my girl is named river aint she...and i was like pants did she get out....hahahahahaha.. i didnt know you lived near etc etc.. mini panic mode...

poor Lottie wanting to play.. the weather round here is the same, at 7:15 this morning, it was really bad, i put Rivers lead on, opened the front door she took one look and bolted back in to her create with her lead and collar still on bless her.. i tried again 15 minutes later, she did want to, but she pelted round the back grass had a River moment then almost ran back to the house..then sulked in her create.. bless her..( i cant let her out the back in the dark cos we have a rabbit comes and goes out of his hutch as he pleases..)
flame
flame
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
River running down the road Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : River
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 05 2012, 09:41

I was listening to the wind howl most of last of night whilst in bed cuddled up. We live on a hill, yes strange for this part of the world I know. We've had a fair bit of rain in the last couple of days but nothing like some parts.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 14:34

[quote="flame"] Laughing i had to double check this post, my girl is named river aint she...and i was like pants did she get out....hahahahahaha.. i didnt know you lived near etc etc.. mini panic mode...
quote]

i thought that when i read the title back and so commented that i menat the water not the dog. think it put a smile on a few faces

Back to top Go down

Post by flame Thu Jan 05 2012, 15:47

lol... i didnt read the first couple of posts think i was to busy having a mini panic Laughing Laughing tis funny thou...glad it put a smile on some peoples faces in this horrible weather..
flame
flame
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
River running down the road Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : River
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:20

Julie I did wonder why you added a post about Flame's "River" when I first saw the title.
We had some really bad winds and storm 2 nights ago, but as it's so hot the lightening caused a few bush-fires.
Hope Lottie is over her grumps Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:40

thats typical of the global weather. we get the water you need

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down