The last of the dog sitting chronicles

4 posters

Go down

The last of the dog sitting chronicles Empty The last of the dog sitting chronicles

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:27

Well Endo the bulldog was re-united with his owners yesterday. I spent the morning giving both Endo and Tyson a good bath and washing all their loose blankets in readiness. I must say his people were impressed by how relaxed and handsome he looked. Well he should be, he had 5 star treatment for 10 days. Of course I said it was a real pleasure having him and they were very welcome but in reality, I don’t think I will volunteer to do this again and certainly not for more than a weekend. Rolling Eyes

It was really hard work walking both dogs, supervising all their interactions, performing feeding routines under supervision and the logistics of going out and leaving them in separate rooms for a few hours. The days started with the two of them usually having a lively game on top of me in my bed around 6.00am. Nothing for it then but to get up, pull on the walking gear and set out.

I quickly learned that a bulldog cannot do more than 20 minutes before sounding like a steam train having and asthma attack and almost needing to be carried home. Oh …. he took Tyson and me for a walk(gallop) at full tilt for the first half of every walk!

So we did a route which took about 20 minutes, then I would return home and leave Endo there and continue the walk with Tyson alone for another 40 minutes or so. The rest of the day was spent with me doing chores like mopping paw prints continually and the two boys napping in between hectic bouts of play. In the early evenings, the walk routine was repeated with Tyson and I going up to the park for a romp with his other mates.

After feeding them (which in itself was funny as they insisted on eating each others dinner – fooled them by swopping dishes at the start), each pooch would get a rubbing down with a grooming mitt and a lavender tummy rub. Bedtime a bit of a circus as Endo usually ended up joining Tyson in trapping me in my duvet. My cats’ life was hell and they retreated to sleep in the bedroom cupboard where Endo could not get to them.

On the positive side:

Tyson really enjoyed having a playmate;
We had heaps of practice with the ‘leave’ command;
Being a bigger ‘pack’ seems to have reinforced my position with Ty;
Our time together now is ever so much sweeter!

Ty and me had a wonderful night back in our normal routine, the cats are strutting their stuff owning the house again and today has been bliss with just us!
Love Struck

Back to top Go down

The last of the dog sitting chronicles Empty Re: The last of the dog sitting chronicles

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:31

Brillient, you described it all very well! Sounds like your the one that needs a holiday now!! Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

The last of the dog sitting chronicles Empty Re: The last of the dog sitting chronicles

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:35

brilliant lynne, ever thought of writing a book, it reads so well

bet you are glad things are back to normal now

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:44

I can tell you that I certainly do not feel rested and ready to go back to work! I am hoping just chilling for a few more days may make me feel better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:53

aw glad it all went well. they did seem to have a great time together maybe now you will be getting Ty a new play mate to stay Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jan 03 2012, 15:05

Sounds like an adventure! Perhaps I should be more thankful that I got one last night of sleep. Hope Ty and you get some rest over then next few days!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 16:38

Great stuff, sounds like you both had fun over the 10 days even if it was hardwork. Is Ty missing his playmate yet?
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:37

Lol Lynne I've loved reading how the two have got on - you have a way with words Smile

Are you guys missing Endo yet Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:05

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. Ty has been a bit subdued since Endo left. He is also running around sniffing in corners and I can only assume he is looking for his playmate. I hear from Endo'd people that he has been really miserable as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:25

Well written and sounds like the dogs had fun Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down