Bread and butter pudding

4 posters

Go down

Bread and butter pudding Empty Bread and butter pudding

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:56

my mam came yesterday and the conversation got round to the things we make to use up vegies and bread and things when they are on or just passed the date. you know things like home made veg soup and stuff. well my mam mentioned bread and butter pudding but matthew and gemma had never heard of it and to be honest i wouldnt even make it but they insisted so they could have a taste. they will try anyhting once.

anyway i found the recepie and made the pudding but they didnt like it that much so i have just spent the last 10 minutes scraping the mixed fruit out of it and have just been met by big licks cos the dogs loved it and just ate the lot for breakfast. thanks for that mam 6 eggs 6 slices of bread and almost a pint of milk but at least the dogs are happy

Back to top Go down

Bread and butter pudding Empty Re: Bread and butter pudding

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:03

Lol. Glad the dogs liked it. My mam used to make this too, and it was delicious. Everywhere else I have tried it, I have hated it. But my mams bread and butter is to die for! I have never made it myself though for the same reason as you, the kids wouldn't entertain it.

My mam is a fab cook though and all her food is homemade including her puddings. Nothing like homecooked food Big Grin My favourite has to be her spotty * pudding or her apple crumble and custard mmmmm!!!

We are going down there next sunday for dinner, so looking forward to it now after this talk of food Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:07

My husband misses his bread and butter pudding, so he makes it every now and then, along with rice pudding lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:08

pete used to tell me that i know i can cook and can call myself a good cook when my yorkshire puddings are as good as my mams. she was always cooking and baking.
her rice pudding is fantastic and i once asked how she got it as good cos i have tried and never succeeded to get it like hers. her secret a tin of carnation milk about 20 minutes before its ready. thats where the creamy texture and taste came from. they do cheat if you ask how they do it Laughing

my brother makes great short bread

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:09

Laughing haven't tried it myself, not ure I like the sound of it!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:12

_julie_ wrote:pete used to tell me that i know i can cook and can call myself a good cook when my yorkshire puddings are as good as my mams. she was always cooking and baking.
her rice pudding is fantastic and i once asked how she got it as good cos i have tried and never succeeded to get it like hers. her secret a tin of carnation milk about 20 minutes before its ready. thats where the creamy texture and taste came from. they do cheat if you ask how they do it Laughing

my brother makes great short bread

I was just telling my husband the secret to your mum's rice pudding and he said: "It's amazing what you can learn on a staffordshire bull terrier forum" LOL.

I like to make slices and cakes... I make a yummy caramel slice and my friends all enjoy my raspberry and custard tea cake. I just don't have much patience Tongues So anything to involved, like cheesecakes, are only for special!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:33

Bread & Butter Pudding is gorgeous!!! I usually make it when I have some bread that needs using up & nobody wants sandwiches!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:34

oooohhh!!!! i just had a thought perhaps someone from scotland could put the recepie for TABLET on for me. We used to make it at my aunites when we were kids "well she would let us help" but she cant remember the amounts properly and has lost her recepies on her various house moves.

I would love to make it because i have had shop bought on trips to scotland but its not the same the texture is different and it tastes more like eating a bar of sugar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 03 2012, 12:07

Julie, is this what you mean.

http://britishfood.about.com/od/scottishregionalrecipes/r/tablet.htm
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 12:52

kathytake2 wrote:Julie, is this what you mean.

http://britishfood.about.com/od/scottishregionalrecipes/r/tablet.htm

thats it. have to send someone in this weather to the shop for the ingredients now but they will enjoy it. its delicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 03 2012, 12:57

It looks quite simple to make, think I'll have a go myself sometime.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Tue Jan 03 2012, 13:14

_julie_ wrote:oooohhh!!!! i just had a thought perhaps someone from scotland could put the recepie for TABLET on for me. We used to make it at my aunites when we were kids "well she would let us help" but she cant remember the amounts properly and has lost her recepies on her various house moves.

I would love to make it because i have had shop bought on trips to scotland but its not the same the texture is different and it tastes more like eating a bar of sugar.

Shop bought tablet isn't any good. Unfortunately though, I'm duty bound to keep mums Secret Ingredient under wraps :-$
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:24

linzy wrote:
_julie_ wrote:oooohhh!!!! i just had a thought perhaps someone from scotland could put the recepie for TABLET on for me. We used to make it at my aunites when we were kids "well she would let us help" but she cant remember the amounts properly and has lost her recepies on her various house moves.

Shop bought tablet isn't any good. Unfortunately though, I'm duty bound to keep mums Secret Ingredient under wraps :-$

come on SPILL oh go on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down